Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What do you think of Anivia?

Creator: Fragamacrunch February 9, 2011 9:05pm
1 2 3 4
Fragamacrunch
<Member>
Fragamacrunch's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 9:05pm | Report
Before all this talk about the new bots, the LoL forums were flooded with QQ over Anivia. I was curious to know your opinion. Is she balanced? OP? UP?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 9:10pm | Report
Anivia benefits from the current mage metagame quite a bit (explains the QQ, been seeing a lot of it regarding quite a few mages) and takes some micro to play, but is overall balanced in my opinion, although maybe a bit OP in the current meta.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 9:10pm | Report
I feel like she is a little op because she has great damage, cc, AND survivability with her passive... seems like one hero shouldn't have all 3... >.>

I still <3 her though! Especially when I go 15-0 in brave games, and hey, I was laning against another anivia mid, so there's no excuses! :)
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 9:23pm | Report
if you can aim and play her like how she is supposed to be played: loluOP
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 1:39am | Report
Best mage game in game.

Nearly best hero ingame, only one that is better is sivir Lol!.

She needs to be nerfed ^^
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 2:30am | Report
Personally I don't see whats wrong with her
She is probably the best champion in the game but she isn't really OP
Her passive may need nerfed but apart from that she hasn't been touched by any patch for months (apart from one to increase her attack damage a little *rolls eyes)
I mean nerf her passive a bit and she would be fine, its not like she takes no skill at all to play, plus she is an expensive champ

I would rather see Mundo and Morde fixed instead of Anivia
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 3:03am | Report
She got Op wall, can do insane dmg with only sorc shoes, and what? 150 dps ultimate in an area? cmon?!?

That **** is op ^^
Tendresse
<Member>
Tendresse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 7:38am | Report
I really feel bad when I go 8-0-8 with her in 25 minutes and force a surrender. She's the only character I can reliably pull off multiple similarly dominating performances in a row, and the only one I can buy a Mejai's every game and be confident that if I don't reach 20 stacks, it's because the enemy will have surrendered beforehand. I mean I can't help but feel guilty when I'm using her, so I guess that's my subconscious' way of telling me that I believe she's OP. Something about her passive, and her ability to not die even in the most dire situations.

As a mage with insane burst damage, I should most definately -not- be able to run away from a 4-man gank that started in the dead middle of their jungle while I'm myself exhausted and when 2 of my pursuers were, at one point, at point blank range. They catch up to me once? Double Q for insta-stun. Catch up to me twice? W. Flash over the wall and catch up to me thrice? Double Q is back off cd. Catch up to me again? At this point I'm under my tower, and if they dive me I have my passive. That's assuming my team never helped me at any given time.

tl;dr Yes, even though I main her, I think she's OP :p
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 9:36am | Report
i haven't responded to any of these OP topics on main forum cause they are honestly stupid. but i will voice my opinion here.

she is only OP in the situation where both team are equally skilled at higher levels of gameplay. Assuming the Anivia player is not your average noob that picked up Anivia, thinking that owning other noobs make him pro or Anivia OP. The only OP part is her wall combined with her other CCs + the fact that the CCs hurts like hell and are chainable.

Anivia's damage isn't as strong as Ryze or Annie, pure bursters. if you can understand how exactly the skills actually work and what they do at different stages of the game, she is just like tryndamere. plus the fact that to accurately land a combo at high elos is very difficult consider the level of juking involved. the damage portion is far from being OP. the only reason sheeps think its OP is because they don't take time to understand Anivia. Similar to how most people don't take time to learn laning against Pantheon in mid and cry he is OP.

the bottomline is, Wall is what makes Anivia OP and can win almost every single team battle assuming both teams have equal farming advantages and skill level. of course, wall placement accuracy, timing, patience, reflex, and judgement on the fly is what separate veterans from your average Anivia players. i have only played 1 Anivia player in my entire 6months in LoL that actually matches or beyond my level of wall placement. Crazy game that only the two of us enjoyed playing -we controlled the entire battlefield. Anytime someone from either team tried to make a move, they either get blocked by a wall or stunned.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 10:07am | Report
Hope you agree with me when she really is far beyond all other casters. She got the most OP spell ingame, deacent aoe slow and dps ?. and ok nuke ^^

My final statement is that she is Op! Any one saying diffrent is pretty much stupid.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide