Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 12 of 14
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:51am | Report

Then enable some poll vote system along with the up/downvote, fairly simple.

if you klick upvote then it goes like this (select what was good 1. the build, 2.the video's, 3. the skill mechanics, 4. the item order, 5. the optionals etc).

if you klick downvote then it goes like this (select what was bad 1. the build, 2.the video's, 3. the skill mechanics, 4. the item order, 5. the optionals etc).

I mean for real he gave a good idea however this would inform the user at least to something that might be wrong, if 10 people vote the same thing something ought to be wrong with that subject.

Also an setting that people can set to ''allow'' or ''deny'' pm's of the owner of the guide they voted on would let the owner ask why and find out if they person has it allowed (meaning he is willing to give feedback) and if denied it would not let the owner ask why.

Rude angry ill behaved community btw?
It's how you act according to certain situations as mods/admins that you can prevent/get rid of/invite/leave those types in the community -_- it has nothing to do with the c2v which i will agree was flawed but was just "sorry to say" bad enforcement on moba's end.

How many people do you think would actually vote? When we had no C2V at all, most guides averaged around 200-300 votes in the top 10. We put in C2V for a few months, and guides fell to around 80-100 votes on average. If we put in that system, not only will you NOT receive nearly as many votes as you should have, but the ones who will be dissuaded most from voting are the downvoters. That will skew the score of your guide.

The fact of the matter is, you cannot and you will never be able to FORCE members of this community to give feedback on a build or a guide. That's mainly what the forums are for - ask if a certain section needs improvement and you will get plenty of help. But when you post a guide, it's there for everyone to see, and it's meant to help them - you're the one trying to improve other players with your guide, not ask other players to improve your own. You'll get a dedicated player base who will comment on your guide to help improve it, and those people will CONSISTENTLY COMMENT regardless of whether C2V is implemented or not, and will still consistently comment even if we implement a system like the one you described.

But the other 90% of votes and 99% of the views will be from regular LoL players looking for advice on how to play, NOT looking on critiquing a guide. That's not what we're about.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 12:58pm | Report
A poll vote, other words pick 1 of the several options there is little work, it requires no typing and still gives alot of information that would else go to waste, 3 clicks total is all it takes, compared to the comment it would work much better and it helps alot.

What you like, what you dislike it's all feedback, and by making that poll which is basicly just 2 clicks more then a normal vote the community themselves can improve those guides and future guides that the person might be making, voting is to show who has a generally decent guide, but it does not show what is wrong with the guide or what is right with it.

It's for the benefit of both people, you have to make this fact aware to the community by doing things such as a poll type of vote.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 12:59pm | Report
I cant take you serious.
Klick....seriously.
It is spelled click man.... Click
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:18pm | Report
So what, in my country its spelled like that, like you never make mistakes.
I can('t) take you serious(ly) either -_-.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:28pm | Report

A poll vote, other words pick 1 of the several options there is little work, it requires no typing and still gives alot of information that would else go to waste, 3 clicks total is all it takes, compared to the comment it would work much better and it helps alot.

What you like, what you dislike it's all feedback, and by making that poll which is basicly just 2 clicks more then a normal vote the community themselves can improve those guides and future guides that the person might be making, voting is to show who has a generally decent guide, but it does not show what is wrong with the guide or what is right with it.

It's for the benefit of both people, you have to make this fact aware to the community by doing things such as a poll type of vote.

One problem I can foresee is what exactly is put in this poll. Certain guides cover certain bits of info, while other guides cover other parts. If you had a static list of elements that were put into the poll (skill order, strategy, early game, late-game, etc), that would force every guide to have those specific elements in it.

Guides that are much more in-depth than other guides wouldn't be able to get a rating on those other parts. I have a "type II jungling section" in my Amumu guide, but that wouldn't be in the poll, so I wouldn't know if it needed improvement or not.

Now you could say that you can fix this by adding a poll for every chapter or so, but that would just be incredibly unwieldy and tedious.

The fact is, you HAVE to limit the number of elements in the poll or else it's just not plausible to have, and if you have that limit, people will ONLY get feedback on those specific things.

Not to mention the obvious downside of drawing votes away from the site and the concurrent score inflation.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 2:05pm | Report
It's fairly simple to make a poll for this really, a guide contains 1.the build, 2.the skilling order, 3.item order, 4.explanation (so basicly the chapters not related to the cheat sheet), 5.reasoning of the guidemaker (why he says certain things), 6.additional means of help (video's, offering help etc) and in case of downvote lack of those means.

Those 6 points, place those in exactly like i said it and you have a perfect reasoning for the feedback which the guidemaker can use, what is wrong with that subject has to be figured out by the maker himself or by help of people who are willing to comment, but besides that it at least gives the maker something to work with you know.

It's not detailed but it is better then NOTHING, so stop worrying about it not being perfect and start using things that obviously can't do much harm compared to the mess of the c2v.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 2:08pm | Report
I s'pose you could require comments to have a minimum word count...but then you'd get trolls who'd just write you 30+ (or something) words about how much they like eggs.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 2:15pm | Report
As you see, you are only *****ing further proving my point. Give it up freestyle and shut up. OR come up with a good thing.
You dont get it at all. You can have that pool, and the troll walks in and downvotes it. The next person looks at the votes see down votes and moves on. Your guide is now dead.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 2:29pm | Report
Ya1232 wrote:

As you see, you are only *****ing further proving my point. Give it up freestyle and shut up. OR come up with a good thing.
You dont get it at all. You can have that pool, and the troll walks in and downvotes it. The next person looks at the votes see down votes and moves on. Your guide is now dead.

Wow, it amazes me how stupid you are 0_0, what difference is there currently?
If trolls walks in now and downvote it's the same outcome, but you can always archive and remake your guide to improve it, but without the information from the pol (not pool) you have no idea where you should try to improve it.

That idea from bard which i altered slightly is the perfect measure for helping guide makers *thus helping those who are in need of the information from good guides, why? since the makers can make their bad/decent guide into a good guide with that information*.

You really shouldn't butt in with your pointless comments ya1232....
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 2:48pm | Report
That is my point exactly and why the mods are talking to you the way they are. Your suggestion is the exact same as it is now and does nothing to help the problem. You are the idiot sir for saying that your own idea is useless and still trying to defend it.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide