Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 10 of 14
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:39am | Report
I think that even just adding a "No opinion" option to the normal voting system would help. Equate it as Up = +1, Down = -1, No opinion = 0 or something. You could calculate it around the hypothesis that most people would start out with no opinion. Because it really sucks to have a solid set of upvotes (over 10) and have one troll-ish downvote drop the guide's entire rating by 4-5%.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:40am | Report
Very true, but how would you alter the calculation currently used in the voting system?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:44am | Report
I hadn't thought that far....oops
Actually with that set of vote options (the three), you could use the Elo equation: using Upvotes as wins, Downvotes as losses, and No opinion votes as Draws.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:47am | Report
Possibly. Now comes the question: How reliable would it be? Trolls will troll, so would it be any more reliable than the current system?
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:50am | Report
Throw out the voting system. That seems to be the biggest public problem on this site. Its just immature children being immature and trying to be critics and internet tough guys. They are the ones with pathetic real lives so they have to destroy others online.

Get rid of the voting system. If its a bad guide its a bad guide and the comments will build up over time. Think of how many really good guides have been shut down before anyone got to see them. 1 single troll downvote at the start, and that guide is done. People look at the score of the guide and if its high they look at it, if its low they think, what a ****ty guide.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:51am | Report
I'd like to be able to review guides, and assign trusted reviewers that could do it. But then again this is for the community by the community.

Removing the scores all together would cause a riot, I believe. A lot of score-*****s out there.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:51am | Report
Not every person is going to totally like or totally hate something. I can't (edited the typo) guarantee it would be more reliable (because I don't know **** about coding and I'm not that good at actually doing the math), but it should (should being the operative word here) give a more accurate representation of the overall opinion of the guide. And it would give people like me, who refuse to vote unless they actually have an opinion to voice (whether good or bad), an option to still vote without feeling the need to come up with an actual reason for their vote.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:53am | Report
Voting +/- 0 is pretty much the same as not voting though. Could always write "No vote" in the comment ;)
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:58am | Report
If you are worried about the score ***** then take out the percentages.
Just have it done by plain old votes.
Sure, troll vote it down, but then the effect of that is.....
Oh no I have 3 up votes and 1 down vote.
Looks better than 3 up 1 down making it a guide with a 37%
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:59am | Report
I just think there should be a way to calculate those kind of votes in. The fact that people neither like nor dislike something means something too.
As I previously commented, an ELO style equation should factor these in, but I don't know how you would code it >.<

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide