Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 11 of 14
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:01am | Report
Figuring out the score system indeed gives you a headache, doesn't it? :)
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:02am | Report
If you don't like the guide nor hate the guide, sorry but I dont think your opinion on the guide matters since you don't have one.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:07am | Report
And thats why you are missing the point, you are assuming im talking bout the votes, I COULDNT CARE LESS BOUT THEM....

What i am talking about is that the c2v is the only thing that actually made people give feedback, with that gone there is NOTHING left to encourage people to do so thus the decrease in feedback will become bigger and bigger while the increase in bad guides also becomes bigger and bigger.

You might not like it but the c2v was the only thing that actually caused most of the people to give some form of feedback and you (as in, mobafire) just removed that, thats what i call stupidity, im not talking bout the vote nonsense, for real, how hard is this to understand -_-.

Unless you have plans to get the people to give feedback by some other means this whole system just became an entire flop.

Good guides rely on feedback, and a persons friendgroup is limited, can't force them?
Ofcourse you don't force them, you should make it interesting for them to give feedback, although very flawed c2v did just that.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:11am | Report
So what you're saying is, basically, that the entire community isn't giving any feedback at all now that they are not forced to comment? Sorry,, but that is a new level of stupidity.

Do you even understand how much trouble the C2V system made? EVERYONE went paranoid, we would have hundreds of "troll" vote reports each week (caused by paranoia, of course), extreme amounts of bad behavior, and overall less voting AND comments. Why? Because people didn't get to choose whether or not they wanted to comment; They had too. I've had the same feeling myself lots of times; "So you're forcing me to comment are you? Well, then I'll just skip commenting and voting all together".

If C2V worked the way you and me want it to work there wouldn't be a problem. Sadly that is not the case. It only endorses bad behavior, less guide activity (comment and vote wise), more reason for the trolls to troll because now you SEE them, and extreme amounts of paranoia.

I wanted it to work as well, Freestyle. Sadly it just doesn't work.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:24am | Report
Yes i'm saying exaclty that, people aren't commenting because they aren't forced anymore.

If you really believe you are right think of something to fix the situation, because saying "this doesnt work" and then removing it doesnt do **** either *excuse my language here*.

At the moment altough not entirely valid the option that bard stated was fairly decent, what we need is feedback, big/small it all matters, and removing the c2v without having something to fix it is like saying, lets get rid of the icecream as its cold weather but not get garniture and just go bankrupt when working in a store where they only serve icecream.

It's a bit farfetched as that would probably never happen but it fits this situation as an
perfect example.

I see nothing that fixes this problem of no feedback at the moment.
What i care about is knowing WHY they downvote, even if i get 100/100 downvotes at least i'll know bloody why if an solution is found, but now the system is really failing can't you see that?

A person that doesn't know he is making mistakes will repeat those mistakes for the rest of his life as long as there is nobody to tell him what went wrong.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:27am | Report
Give us a good solution then instead of telling us to enable the SAME BAD SYSTEM ALL OVER AGAIN. Do you want a angry, rude and ill-behavior community?

I have told you why it doesn't work, so now give me something that works. Believe it or not but we are ALWAYS discussing something to fix this. We want everyone to be happy but it's damn bloody impossible. What do we ever get back? Exactly what you're doing now.

So yeah, I am tired and exhausted and generally do not want more ******** like above comments (you heard me) cause it's not helping us at all. Give us a damn solution if you think you can help (many thanks to Bard <3 :)) instead of bashing our skulls for not making it work.

Enabling it again isn't a solution, it's doom.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:44am | Report
If you are not part of the solution then you are apart of the problem.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:44am | Report
Then enable some poll vote system along with the up/downvote, fairly simple.

if you klick upvote then it goes like this (select what was good 1. the build, 2.the video's, 3. the skill mechanics, 4. the item order, 5. the optionals etc).

if you klick downvote then it goes like this (select what was bad 1. the build, 2.the video's, 3. the skill mechanics, 4. the item order, 5. the optionals etc).

I mean for real he gave a good idea however this would inform the user at least to something that might be wrong, if 10 people vote the same thing something ought to be wrong with that subject.

Also an setting that people can set to ''allow'' or ''deny'' pm's of the owner of the guide they voted on would let the owner ask why and find out if they person has it allowed (meaning he is willing to give feedback) and if denied it would not let the owner ask why.

Rude angry ill behaved community btw?
It's how you act according to certain situations as mods/admins that you can prevent/get rid of/invite/leave those types in the community -_- it has nothing to do with the c2v which i will agree was flawed but was just "sorry to say" bad enforcement on moba's end.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:47am | Report
Let's make the voting even more complicated, that will make people vote and give more feedback! :D

"Rude angry ill behaved community btw?
It's how you act according to certain situations as mods/admins that you can prevent/get rid of/invite/leave those types in the community -_- it has nothing to do with the c2v which i will agree was flawed but was just "sorry to say" bad enforcement on moba's end."

I'm offended. Truly offended. How is it our fault that guide authors lash out on each other? How is it our fault people rage at each other? How is it our fault people go paranoid about their guide? How is it our fault people start hating on each other? We handle every case with caution and thought, and try to deflect every single dispute that arises. Do you know what made all these problems? The C2V system.

I will stop replying to this thread now because it's redundant, doesn't help, and is filled with invalid and stupid arguments.

Have a nice day.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 11:50am | Report
You can only have so much patience with people and the same **** over and over again before you just stop caring about the topic. People ***** and complain but never come up with a good solution, and then ***** more that nothing ever gets done.
You system there is flawed. Imma vote 0s on all of that. There is my troll vote and makes your guide look bad because I got there very quickly before your guide had a chance to get voted on alot.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide