Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 13 of 14
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 3:00pm | Report
Never said my own idea was useless, quote it if you will, seems like your mistaken somewhere as usual -_- or just making things up whichever it is i don't care.

It is entirely different as it doesnt require them to type or to be shown on the comment list
thus it allows them to help the maker without all the hassle (3 clicks lol how easy can it get).

It gives information that you would normally not get if nobody comments, that's what this whole conversation is about, seriously stop butting in with those comments of yours that make no sense and aren't even based on facts....
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 3:06pm | Report
Any more personal attacking and off-topic argument in this thread and I'll have to close it.
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 3:07pm | Report

Wow, it amazes me how stupid you are 0_0, what difference is there currently?
If trolls walks in now and downvote it's the same outcome, but you can always archive and remake your guide to improve it, but without the information from the pol (not pool) you have no idea where you should try to improve it.

That idea from bard which i altered slightly is the perfect measure for helping guide makers *thus helping those who are in need of the information from good guides, why? since the makers can make their bad/decent guide into a good guide with that information*.

You really shouldn't butt in with your pointless comments ya1232....

Quoted showing that you said there is no difference from what I said about your idea and what the system is in place currently.

But I can see you are just one of those people that think you are the almighty and right about everything and no one can or will change your opinion. Youll will just shut everyone out and shoot them down and not actually listen to what the mods and other people have been telling you. SOOOO you can sit here and pout all you want but in the end, you are just talking about a problem and not helping.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 7:25pm | Report
Hi ^^

My suggestion:

One of my favourite websites is www.bestrecipes.com.au

1) Because it has awesome recipes.
2) It has a fair voting system.
3) It has a really good community
4) It's Australian ^^

It doesn't restrict people's opinions, but it allows you to vote negatively or positively.

You can vote out of 5:

Quoted:
5 stars (excellent, perfect recipe)

4 stars (good, would make again)

3 stars (average, no complaints)

2 stars (poor, needs some work)

1 star (terrible, would not make again)

The problem is, the system requires you to comment:

Quoted:
Your summary: * (here you put something like "Tasted Delicious!"
Your review: * (here you say what you liked, didn't like, what could be improved, modifications you made etc)

Underneath the text field to comment is this:

Quoted:
Guidelines for adding reviews

Reviews (not the summary) should consist of more than one word e.g. 'Great' is not acceptable
Don't use smiley faces, multiple exclamation marks, all capitals or all lowercase; proper punctuation is desirable
Only review recipes that you have made, not recipes you don't like the sound of
Be constructive in your criticism - say why you didn't like a recipe or how it could be improved
If the recipe didn't work properly, check that you followed the method correctly
If there are obvious typos or errors in a recipe, contact the recipe author or an administrator rather than add a negative review
We reserve the right to edit or delete reviews (review summaries of one or two words will be deleted)

Now, the reason why BestRecipes does so well and makes people want to vote and comment is because of their reward system.

They put little "crowns" under/next to the user's name to signify when they've reached a certain number of reviews.

For example:

10 reviews: Brass/Copper Crown
50 reviews: Silver Crown
100 reviews: Gold Crown
150 reviews: Platinum Crown
200 reviews: Diamond Crown

etc etc etc

If you give some kind of reward to people for reviewing, then they'll want to comment/review/vote more often. Of course you wouldn't give people points for just clicking up or down, or just rating 3/5, but for commenting as well ^^

Is this a solution that could be implemented?

tl;dr

1) System of voting to scale: 1/5 -> 5/5
2) Rewards for commenting when you vote
3) A small text box to the right that gives some tips on how to vote

The 5/5 scaling would work like this:

3/5 + 1/5 + 2/5 + 2/5 + 4/5 = (3 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 5) / 5 = Average of 3/5 = 60% (if you wanted to keep the whole percentage thing)

I can see this ending badly, however, if some people always vote 5, or if everyone's votes then end up around the same range (top guides all sitting at exactly 90%).

Here's a comment from one of the most recognised members on bestrecipes forums:

Quoted:
Shepherds Pie
Loved the recipe but had to make a few changes
3 out of 5 stars

Reviewed by: oldsheila, Gold reviewer June 18, 2011 (all reviews by oldsheila)
Once I changed the recipe a little it was delicious. It says in the recipe to use 2 oxo cubes then 2 beef cubes as well. I little too much I thought. So I left the 2 oxo cubes out. Also in the gravy there was no water added. It looked far to thick a sauce for me so added around 1-2 cups of water. It tasted great after that. I would give it a 5 if these ingredients were accidently forgotten, but will give it a three because anyone else making this would not have liked the recipe. But I really enjoyed this after I changed it.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 8:50pm | Report
As said before tho forcing people to comment on the votes will drop the number of votes. Then the trolls will still troll down vote and say something like "You guide is terrible gtfo noob" if they are forced to put so many words down.

there is no perfect system. As long as trolls and lazy people, no offense, are here the systems will never work.

I still say you just get rid of the comment to vote, and get rid of the percentage.

3 votes up 1 down looks better to you then
3 votes up 1 down with a 24%.

People go off the percent not the actual votes.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 1:59am | Report
The problem with MobaFire (as I see it), is that they want to respect their users a little too much. On distinguished sites, like BestRecipes, they will not tolerate blemishes in their comments (comments with unnecessary swearing, comments that are rude, comments that are purely written in a nasty way are all removed by admins).

By removing comments that are excessively rude, the remaining comments are helpful and look good on the site. It is frowned upon to comment/vote on a guide if you haven't made it, but you can comment and say things like, "Are you sure you're meant to have 2 tablespoons of chilli powder? I think you meant teaspoons..." - this is an example of someone not trying a build, but commenting with their opinion, "Are you sure you should get the mastery points specifying in Exhaust and Ignite if your summoner spells are Flash and Ghost?"

I understand that MobaFire considers "troll votes" as the public's opinion, but there is a line between abuse of this "every vote counts" and finding the actual value of a guide.

One of the main complaints of fellow LoL players who aren't part of the MobaFire community is that MobaFire's builds are terrible, and the community is ****. (I partially agree with the first one in regards to some builds, hell, mine wasn't that great until I had heaps of input and improved it. The second part is also true. Because MobaFire's community doesn't just include the friendly people on the forums, but the paranoid, score *****s and/or trolls that make up 95%-97% of the site's community)

When I say, "Well, I'm following a build on MobaFire" people groan, and I can't blame them. If only there was a way to make a collaborative guide for each champion that trusted people can edit filled with content from other guides.

For example, say the only good thing about my Ashe guide is my Targeting Champions section, and someone with 28% has a really really good description of their summoner spells ( Ghost and Flash), and someone else has the best section about situational items.

Maybe it'd be nice if admins could collaborate the best parts of all guides and use them and sticky it to the top of the champions list?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:13am | Report
Regarding your recipe site, I'm sure the users are a lot older and more mature then the audience that Mobafire gets.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:34am | Report
Ya1232 wrote:

Quoted showing that you said there is no difference from what I said about your idea and what the system is in place currently.

Lets make this simple enough for you, ill try kindergarten logic for you.

I said there was no difference between the current system and any other, there ALWAYS WILL BE TROLLS.
HOWEVER the system i suggested does not make it worse then it currently is without the comment to vote, it does not force you to comment so it is a safer method then comment to vote.

It just asks you to pick 1 out of 6 options, and that info helps the creators of the guides.

You said:
Ya1232 wrote:

SOOOO you can sit here and pout all you want but in the end, you are just talking about a problem and not helping

The one here who is not helping would be you, you haven't even given one idea and all you do is talk about how wrong i am according to you without any facts or showing any general logic in any of those previous posts that can prove i am wrong.

Either way, since i don't see the mods/admins working togather on this with its community in here so i guess it's just a waste of time to stay here, cya moba i'll go join an site which knows the importance of its community, writers and its staff to work togather on everything they can.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:45am | Report
And Ya1232, i'll probably get banned or get this post deleted for this comment.

SUCK MY BALLS YOU USELESS PIECE OF ****.

Lieing about having said something, editing your own posts to look like less of an fool, still arguing to people and calling people stuff, really 5 year old kids like you playing games is the reason games are so crowded with crying noobs who know nothing and only nag without trying to be of assistance -_-.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 2:56am | Report
Jesus, no need to get mad at differing opinions. Take it to PMs or completely stop being this immature

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide