Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

With all the new review shops opening...

Creator: Vynertje June 20, 2014 5:28pm
1 2 3 4 5
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 5:28pm | Report
... would it perhaps be a good idea to also reward review shops with badges next to their profile which then link to the review shop, just like all the signature artists get?

I had the same idea for scouts / guide votes (just like editors get their badges now) but that might not be such a great idea because people can just start scouting / voting randomly to obtain those badges.It'd be nice to have though ;-)

This is totally not out of personal interest. I don't know how you could even come to that suggestion ^^
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 12:47am | Report
8D Was suggested when badges came out, but / Singed. It'd certainly give me more incentive to review guides again!
gottah catch 'em all
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 3:54am | Report
Forgive me for my ignorance on this, but why didn't it happen?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 4:18am | Report
To my understanding, the original badges awarded long time members for traditionalesque roles (artist, editor, inhaus) and special badges (like Wayne's moderating spree, guide awards, my badge etc). I think a reviewing badge may be hard to implement without a set reviewing tool, as most reviews are merely comments.

But I'm not the boss, and that's just my take on it ^^

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 4:47am | Report
"I think a reviewing badge may be hard to implement without a set reviewing tool, as most reviews are merely comments."

Doesn't the same go for artists? One can just hop on the build & guide thread and check for all the active reviewers.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 3:13pm | Report
That's true :) I guess I'd be up to the higher powers to want to create the badge/title and then trawl through the Build & Guide Discussion forums to find worthy recipients.

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 3:31pm | Report
Kinda on the same topic, but for the artist badges, can you still get them? :3 I opened my shop after they were awarded, but I've been pretty diligent in completing requests and all that.
Made this sig myself :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 3:32pm | Report
I think you could just ask mowen for that
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2014 9:39am | Report
Guide reviewing badges are definitely something I'd like to do, just haven't had the time yet. Yes it would probably be similar to the Artist badges in that I'd just have to check people's review shops manually.

And yes Emikadon, the badges are always available. :) I just need to do another round of checks for the editing / artist badges.

I also need to double check what will happen if someone goes over 3 badges... because if we do add the reviewer badges a certain someone will go over 3 badges. :P
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2014 9:58am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Guide reviewing badges are definitely something I'd like to do, just haven't had the time yet. Yes it would probably be similar to the Artist badges in that I'd just have to check people's review shops manually.

And yes Emikadon, the badges are always available. :) I just need to do another round of checks for the editing / artist badges.

I also need to double check what will happen if someone goes over 3 badges... because if we do add the reviewer badges a certain someone will go over 3 badges. :P

Who might this woman person be? :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide