Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Sivir...holy ****

Creator: jakester112589 May 4, 2011 4:20am
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
jakester112589
<Member>
jakester112589's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:20am | Report
So I have this profound ability to die constantly while playing Sivir....She is easy to play but I'm always dying. No matter what I do I'm always in the negative end game and I know that is not good. It's quite atrocious. How exactly is Sivir meant to be played. I did recently start playing the game and I am quite well with playing Karthus... who seems a lot harder to play, so I am a little confused as to what exactly I am doing wrong. Any tips or anything really would be of great help.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:41am | Report
When I played sivir recently (once) I bought an early catalyst the protector. It gives quite a bit of health in addition to solving her mana problems, so that might help you for early survivability - build it into a Banshee's Veil later on.

Also, something I've noticed while playing with my low-ELO friend is that ranged AD carries, for new players, are comparatively much harder to play. The reason (I think) is that AD carries take incredible amounts of micro skills to stay at max range and still attack consistently. Moreover, Sivir is a very mana-intensive champion, so if you don't know how to conserve mana this early on, it might be best that you just buy a Manamune, which isn't quite ideal, but it gives enough mana + AD to help. Lastly, Sivir has a kind of niche where she is best at pushing lanes and taking down towers, while her teamfight potential was nerfed not too long ago.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:42am | Report
Sivir isn't easy at all for newer players, Karthus is really easy xD

Sivir you need to aim your skillshot with, make sure you time your shield right, and you are really squishy, so you need to know when to attack, and you need to stay back, etc.

Look up some of the guides for her, you might find some helpful tips. I personally don't really play her, but, compared to Karthus, she is hard. Practice makes perfect.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jakester112589
<Member>
jakester112589's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:54am | Report
@ Trojan I can push really well with her, it's just when I am confronted by another person I pretty much always die. This is extremely annoying.

@ wrath I have looked at guides but you pretty much need to be at lest lvl 20 to use runes and better masteries etc to get any extra UMPHH out of her, hence I switched to Karthus.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:59am | Report

@ Trojan I can push really well with her, it's just when I am confronted by another person I pretty much always die. This is extremely annoying.

What I meant is that Sivir can solo push well, and this ties really well into a split push team comp. However, this is a high elo tactic that you probably can't convince your solo Q team to pull off.

Sivir is best for pushing bottom lane quickly and efficiently while 4 of your teammates defend top from a coordinated 5 man push (for example, the specifics aren't necessary).
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 12:18pm | Report
Also, runes and masteries help but do not have so drastic of an effect that you cannot play her well.

Remember, the people you are against don't have full runes or masteries either.

You need to aim your q well, know when to toggle your passive, and spell shield at the right time. She is also squishy, and you need good placement in teamfights. For lower leveled players, she is much more difficult to nail down that Karthus. If you play enough with her, though, you can nail her down pretty well -- it just takes practice.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 1:47am | Report
If you die when you're confronted with enemies it's probably because you're building her badly.

(Don't get starks!) Just rush a bloodthirster then grab zerks then Last whisper/banshee's veil etc.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
RamenL
<Member>
RamenL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 1:24pm | Report
Hey, I think u need to play with me buddy, add me I will teach u a lot.

Also just farm as sivir til about 120 minion kills minimum.. If ur team wants u to do something, well u cant tell em no, but do it safe..

RamenL
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 9:10pm | Report
Maybe try the warmog's armor-atma's impaler build. It has a little less damage output but a lot more survivability.
It may not look like a lot of damage at first glance, but Sivir has the farming ability to build up a warmog's really fast, so you should have it completely stacked by the time you get the atma's.
Eihn
<Member>
Eihn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 3:18pm | Report
I think nameless bard has the best idea
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide