Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Header and Footer Redesign, New Search

Creator: Matt March 21, 2017 2:07pm
1 2 3
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 2:07pm | Report
Hey all, got an update we're excited to share! As you've seen, we have just launched a redesigned header and footer, which includes a new "flat" look as well as a new search.

This is part of a larger ongoing project to give MOBAFire a bit of a facelift. We decided, rather than holding it all back and doing a huge launch of everything at once, it would be more beneficial to target key things first and put those out as we go. This way we can get ongoing feedback from you guys and adjust, and everyone can benefit from the work we've finished sooner. More will be coming in time!

So check it out, play around, and let us know what you think! Try out the new search and if there are any tweaks we can do that would make it more convenient to use, let us know. Also give us your input on the new "flat" look.

Sorry for the vanilla news post - Mowen is not feeling well today so you get me instead!
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
L3gislacerator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 2:35pm | Report
Sleek! Having all the buttons I need always there instead of needing to scroll to to the top of the page is a big help. The color scheme is definitely something I could get used to - it looks more unified with the rest of the site now. Also, the "Create Guide" button at the bottom shining once in a while is a nice touch. :)

As for the search option, it works fine for me so far. It lets me find what I need much quicker than before; one click compared to a drag and drop menu, as well as a bigger interface in general, makes using it less taxing.

A few improvements could be made to the header for more accessibility. The minimized version lacks two things: first is the search bar, which would be quite useful to always have around, and the other is the MOBAFire logo linking to the homepage, which only happens in the maximized header.

| Support Taric Guide | Jungle Taric Guide | signature by jhoijhoi! |
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 2:42pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback! And for the heads up on the MOBAFire logo link not working, that is a bug. We will fix it shortly. Regarding the search, that is a good point. We'll discuss adding it to the scroll menu.
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 2:52pm | Report
The color scheme seems too bright considering the rest of the site, but I ain't no graphic designer.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 2:54pm | Report
@ FatelBlade Yes, it will seem like a contrast against the rest of the site for now, because it's the only thing to get a facelift and everything else is still the old look. It'll make more sense as you see the new look applied to more sections in time.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 3:51pm | Report
Looks nice thus far. Also I agree with the feedback posted here.

On my mobile phone the page opened on a huge zoom in to the mobafire logo though, and it wasn't easy to get to the notification icon. There may be more issues but I can't stand how slow it runs on my phone so I didn't do too much exploration :/
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 4:10pm | Report
@ Ekki what model of phone are you using? It's working for us well on our iphones
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 4:15pm | Report
It's a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Kinda old and some other pages run quite slowly, but mobafire is definetly on the slowest end of the spectrum.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 4:52pm | Report
Some of the issues may be server-side caches, especially if you were viewing the site logged out. I'm doing rolling restarts of all our server-side caches, so try again shortly and see if your issues are resolved then.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2017 10:16pm | Report
I'm at work on Internet Explorer and the search function does not work - I can type into the field and the animation turns. What happens next will shock you (lol not really): either it says "no results found" (even when searching my name via Member) or nothing happens at all (animation and that's it). Not sure if it's a browser issue?

But everything looks great. Agree with above comment that the minimised version could have the search function included if possible.

Keep up the amazing work guys :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide