Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Weekly Report!

Creator: PsiGuard September 23, 2014 6:07pm
1 2 3
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2014 6:07pm | Report

Hi everyone, I'm PsiGuard and I'm here to bring you the MOBAFire Weekly Report! This week we'll be looking at a newly updated tier list from one of Mobafire's top players, an interesting guide review shop and an art project by your fellow Mobafire members. We've also got some more bug fixes and new features to show off.

H4xDefender's 4.16 Tier List

H4xDefender's renowned tier list has returned and is fully updated! This detailed organization of champions for each role has amassed over 900 comments since H4xDefender initially created his thread. As with all tier lists, it's based on his personal opinion, but coming from a Diamond 1 player, it's definitely a useful resource.

Astrolia's Design Critique Shop

Astrolia's Design Critique Shop is a new thread in the Build & Guide Discussion forum with a different approach to guide reviews. Astrolia is a professionally employed web designer and also the winner of the Fabulous award in the Mobafire season 4 guide contest, and she's offering to critique your guide's aesthetics and organization for free! I've already gotten some very valuable help from her myself. If you take your guide presentation seriously, think about dropping by her review shop.

Mobafire Infinity Collab

MobaFire Infinity Collab is a collaborative project from Mobafire artists that was started by jhoijhoi early this month. Since then it has picked up a lot of speed as more people contribute to the deepening artwork. Drop by and see the latest additions, or if you're an artist yourself, sign up for a spot and leave your mark on the project yourself!

New: Super Amazing Colored Borders!

Border stylings for [icon] and [img] tags have been added. You can now add a colored border to your icons and images by adding "border="Xpx type #hexcode" within the icon or img tags. Ex: [icon=graves size=35 border="1px solid #ffffff"]

Border types:

• solid
  • dotted
  • double
  • groove
  • inset
  • outset
  • ridge
  • dashed

Bug Fixes / Feature Changes

• Removed C9 guides from the list of Popular Champion Guides on the front page.
  • Added the "Find Members" and "Contributors" page back to the Community tab.
  • The Activity Feed now only displays guides being published which qualify as a "Full Guide" when having the "Only Comments" checkbox unchecked ("Build Only" is no longer included).
  • The Q&A feed now excludes questions which are older than one month.
  • Removed the set of 6 recommended items to fill in from champion edit pages (Editor rank).
  • The option to "Show More/Less Awards" is now hidden for users with 3 badges or less.
  • Fixed an issue causing the use of a # in guide titles to create redirect loops.
  • Fixed an issue where the suggestion dropdown menu for personal messages (while typing in the username of the recipient) wasn't displaying properly.
  • Fixed an issue causing all comments in the Activity Feed on the front page to link to the #lastcomment of a thread instead of to the comment with the correct ID when the "Only Comments" checkbox was checked.
  • Fixed an issue where the Activity Feed would show removed comments if the "Only Comments" checkbox wasn't checked.
  • Fixed an issue causing the links for top guides of a champion (displayed on the right hand side when viewing a guide for a champion) not to work.

That's the end of this week's MOBAFire Weekly Report. Check in next week for more MOBAFire news, and feel free to leave comments or suggestions below!
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2014 7:18pm | Report
You should probably point out that these could be done as well.

My Guides

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2014 7:21pm | Report
I love these weekly reports, Joev.

Janna is an easy pick for someone just learning how to play supports. She has an AoE disengage, a damage-boosting shield, a slow and a healing AoE knock-back.

Whereas Leona has a much higher skill-cap, requiring knowledge of engaing, comboing abilities and good prediction insights to land skill-shots.

James: Cool, I like the far right one!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2014 7:36pm | Report

Hey look! it looks like a postage stamp. These are really cool I think they are going to be a lot of help to guide writers.

keep up the good work on the weekly reports
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2014 7:47pm | Report
MobaFire doesn't seem to support styling individual sides of the border though.
My Guides

Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 4:27am | Report
"The Activity Feed now only displays guides being published which qualify as a "Full Guide" when having the "Only Comments" checkbox unchecked ("Build Only" is no longer included)." Sweet. No more "page is cowering in a corner somewhere"?

Those inset/outset icon borders look great. No more need to make an extra table for that :)

I also really like how the collab is being mentioned, everybody should sign up at least once, it's awesome!

I still hope the new guides are going to appear on the front page again. I kinda miss it.

Good job on fixing/improving the site :)
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2014 4:22pm | Report
Thanks james, updated!

Glad you guys like the weekly reports / updates. :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 4:34am | Report
Will we be able to choose which badges to display? :)

♡ sig by me ♡
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2014 9:09am | Report
Finally no C9 guides on most "Popular guides".
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2014 2:32am | Report

^Borders don't seem to work with icons other than champion ones.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide