Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Monthly Guide Rewards and Point System

Creator: Mowen March 8, 2017 8:38am
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 11:57am | Report
Jeez Nameless, the bugs just love you don't they? ;)

Also re: already owning a prize. If you already own one of the prizes we can give it to someone else upon your request.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 12:00pm | Report
Apparently so. As if being really sick wasn't bad enough.

And good to know. Not that I think I'll win (if the points are even close to accurate, Vapora will win every month and no one has a chance at beating him), but I purchased that skin on release so....yea

EDIT: I'm on the list now, but I lost points for the long comments (last month I got one and replied with one)?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 12:14pm | Report
Well there are 10 winners and Vapora can't win 10 times a month. :) Also, you never really know with raffles. In a recent one we did on DOTAFire someone with only 1 ticket won the grand prize. I wouldn't ever expect to win every month even if you have high tickets, though obviously it increases your chances. The point of the raffle is if you are a a member who contributes regularly you should win at some point and get some fun goodies.

We'll also check out what happened with the comment points, thank you for the bug reports.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 12:37pm | Report
I'm also still not getting points for a guide with a score over 85%, "random" downvote still didn't drop it below that.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 1:06pm | Report
OK @The_Nameless_Bard, all sorted now. Your guide is getting the proper tickets. It was a bug in my formula in the contest code, all good now.

Also, the reason it showed you having comment tickets and then they disappeared is a bit complicated, but it's because of a test run we did before we opened it up. Old data was still in there from the test run. I just flushed all the data and ran the script one more time, so now everything should be correct!

Let me know if anyone sees anything else suspicious, there may be other issues I missed as this has a lot of moving parts.

Thanks guys, and let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 2:17pm | Report
Okay, so I HAD to log in at school when I saw this. So I'm totally excited for this! I do have some thoughts though and it's mainly on the number of points per action.

I think that it should be worth more to reply to readers and comment on other people's guides. It certainly is a great incentive now to reply to readers, which is excellent, but when you consider that most players only have a few "main" champions, it's unlikely members will ever create a new guide. So realistically, the only way you can get points is to reply to comments or comment on other guides. And if you consider if the guide you have is for an "unpopular" champion, you may never really get any comments to reply to. Whereas popular champions would get more comments.

Perhaps also, a new category? Guide comments on brand new guides? (like, for the first 5 comments, perhaps?) So this would encourage people to visit new guides and provide some support on those new guides. And then of course, the guide authors would reply to those comments and generate points for themselves.

I wonder why +rep isn't tied into it, even if it is just 1 point per +rep? I know the forums aren't entirely what you want to focus on with this system, but a lot of people use the forums and are helpful there, as opposed to having their own guide. Also, +rep is hard to abuse now and it can only be given to other people. It seems like people may start giving more +rep, which would be nice.

In the same vein, what about answering or posting Q&A questions? Posting a new Q&A 5 points, answering 1 point? If your answer is the "best answer" maybe a few more points to sweeten the deal?

Editing the database? For each edit, 1 point? Consider awesome people in the editor forum who dedicate their time to updating abilities etc - it'd be nice if they could join in the raffle, as those people also tend not to have guides. Also, if the wiki starts back up, perhaps points could be given for creating a new article (like if someone writes an article about Lethality etc), editing an article and possibly commenting on an article? (not sure about that last one)

I'm not sure if blog posts should be rewarded, or videos or streams.

Anyway, that's my feedback :D Awesome work, guys!

Edit: Also, just checked my position on the leaderboard. It seems like my points there are way down from the front page?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 2:55pm | Report
oh my god! This is incredible!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2017 3:36pm | Report

lol easy
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar