Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 4 Comes to MOBAFire! Along With a New...

Creator: Mowen November 21, 2013 12:07am
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 9:49am | Report
Kinda wondering about the guide-rating-percentage in my profile, It shows 92% though I only got one upvote in the last 30 days. Even if I counted all votes, I wouldnt get to that rating...
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 10:19am | Report
Great job people, thanks for the excellent work :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 12:25pm | Report
@DKitten, if you couldn't down-vote out of season guides, they'd hold on to their minimum votes and be more difficult to replace. This new voting system does mean that you can lose your top spot more easily by getting outdated, but it also means you can recover it more easily after updating.

@97BligenN, those messages are currently based on the published values, which won't be updated of course until you actually publish. So it's fine, as soon as you publish they'll go away. That said, it's not great to see them while editing, we will look in to improving that. The Q&A is our Q&A system :) You can ask questions or answer other people's questions: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/questions

@Isolanporzellator, that's because of the min votes feature. In order to give new / recovering guides some traction to improve their rank, each guide gets a minimum vote count that we will always keep. This minimum is based on the average number of votes the top guides get within the last 30 days (so it will shift up and down as voting rates change). If you have less votes than that in the last 30 days, we will reach further back in your voting history to reach that minimum vote count, pulling your newest votes first. So if you only received 1 vote in 30 days, you still get to keep your last X votes even though they're older. Those votes are giving you that score. Difficult to explain but it was a compromise to keep voting fresh, but not be too punishing for authors.

Edit: Correction, the above information only applies to your new (and now hidden) RANK score, but the displayed score you are seeing is separate and different. Posted too fast after a long night :)

Your hidden rank score has the "vote decay" + Bayesian Average formulas, but your displayed score does not. The score and vote count we display are your all-time votes, we do not drop votes from this and we no longer apply any formulas to it. So you have 23 votes and 92% score for all-time (all time upvotes divided by all time total votes).

In your case, due to the timing and volume of the total votes on your guide, it actually ends up being pretty much the same as your rank score (except for the Bayesian Average formula we apply to rank scores).

Sorry for the confusion :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 3:24pm | Report
Ah, didn't read "coming soon" title. Damn, would have liked to be able to keep track of voting right now. Ah well. Waiting for that patch :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 1:26am | Report
Big improvement here, very happy with the work that has been put into this. Nice work.
Do you happen to have an estimated time as to when the featured guide system will be majorly reworked?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 9:20am | Report
Featured guide system / new guide tags etc are part of a bigger "improving the guide browser / guide organization" that we want to do as a whole project and we do not have an ETA on it.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2013 3:33am | Report
Awesome, thanks Mowen!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 11:58am | Report
**** this ****, because of the new system my guide is no longer the lowest.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 11:59am | Report

**** this ****, because of the new system my guide is no longer the lowest.

Make a new one, get a perfect downvote score with a minimum of 5 votes and you reach 0%, gg :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2013 12:01pm | Report
but every idiot can do the same thing. also my ryze guide has been around for quite a while and i don't want to beat him :(
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide