Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A few things to note from the IPCC gathering...

Creator: Searz October 6, 2013 2:41pm
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 9:15am | Report
i've actually been reading a number of articles related to the IPCC gathering. most of them as pointed out in this video are a bit..ummm...misrepresentative....

we already had a long thread discussion on this and as usual the one side has facts and trends over the last 100 years or so...this is not considered to be enough evidence by the other side of the wall not to mention that the other side believes that the data is tainted...that the summaries are biased and that every climate scientist is in the pocket book of politicians/private companies that make 'green' technology.

i could site specific instances of climate change that i have seen in my short life...but i am lazy...though i was at first a nay sayer of climate change i have to admit that weather extremes such as sudden hot temperatures or sudden low temperatures....temps not fitting normal trends and the shifting of seasons has been occurring...and much more so in the last 5 years...though these things are often sensationalized by the media as with the case of 'snowmagedon' that occured in the last couple years...this disinformation/sensationalization of weather greatly impacts the fact that people will continue to deny climate change...and i can see why people continue to resist it....also when you consider that you really only see a ~1.0 oC change over the last 120 years you simply can't help but think hey...this **** isn't even changing.

remember though that the earth is exceptionally good and adjusting to change and while the global change may not show much of a difference specific areas are being greatly effected.

i'm not 100% on board with the idea that humans are 100% responsible for climate change but i am on board that climate change is occurring....

for all you nay sayers of climate change i say this:

a) don't listen to the weather channel...they are awful..and will sensationalize the smallest temperature changes....just think to yourself...was it 40 oC last october? how many tornadoes occurred last years and where? was it 10 oC in june last year? etc.

b) don't buy into the idea that green technologies like wind turbines and solar panels are actually causing pollution. the creation of the materials to build these technologies probably does create pollution but the technologies themselves DO NOT CREATE POLLUTION....PERIOD...don't be ignorant and listen to the oil companies mud slinging campaigns.

c) i blame it all on cows...they fart way too much...and all that methane is causing climate change....farts too stronk.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 9:22am | Report
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 9:43am | Report
^ lol that's actually fairly accurate and funny at the same time. kudos. good find lol

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:04am | Report
Business guy pølse reporting in:
I'm 100% with lomborg on this one(bjørn lomborg, pretty much the only skeptical environmentalist there is)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10362717/Keep-calm-and-save-the-Earth.html
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:06am | Report
While other nations are steadily reducing their reliance on fossil fuels you ***hats are sitting here arguing whether or not global warming exists.

Jesus ****ing christ.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:10am | Report
Btw, i believe in global warming, but i also believe that going crazy over **** that noone actually knows that much about is, well crazy.

@Bioalchemist, i am disappoint.

edit:
If you're truly interested in the topic go to blockbuster*wink, wink* and rent this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1694015/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It's a great counterpart to an inconvenient truth(which everyone probably has seen) which brings a "cool" view of things.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:15am | Report
Quoted:

Btw, i believe in global warming, but i also believe that going crazy over **** that noone actually knows that much about is, well crazy.

@Bioalchemist, i am disappoint.

I think we know enough to know what's wrong and what's right about it.

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:29am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I think we know enough to know what's wrong and what's right about it.

So what exactly is bad about it? The fact that we're proffitting from it at the moment? The part where the weather is warmer? The part where it's saving old peoples lives?

Your view of global warming as an urgent issue is very narrow minded, sadly it's the one that most people have because chaotic news sell far more newspapers than "in fact, we're all fine for now".

I'm not saying that there are no downsides of global warming, i'm not saying that it's good forever, i'm just saying that the conventional view of global warming as something extremely dangerous and something that will kill you in your sleep is stupid.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:43am | Report

i'm not 100% on board with the idea that humans are 100% responsible for climate change but i am on board that climate change is occurring....

Of course we aren't. But you're on board that we humans are affecting climate, right? (that's what they said has a chance of over 95% chance of being true)

To what degree is hard to say, but considering the sudden change we might have a pretty big impact.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 10:49am | Report
Quoted:

So what exactly is bad about it? The fact that we're proffitting from it at the moment? The part where the weather is warmer? The part where it's saving old peoples lives?

Your view of global warming as an urgent issue is very narrow minded, sadly it's the one that most people have because chaotic news sell far more newspapers than "in fact, we're all fine for now".

I'm not saying that there are no downsides of global warming, i'm not saying that it's good forever, i'm just saying that the conventional view of global warming as something extremely dangerous and something that will kill you in your sleep is stupid.

woah hold up, I'm not saying Global Warming is urgent at all, it really isn't -urgent-. I recognize that for now we're all alright - but in 50 years we won't be. There's a time limit on how long we have before things happen that are irreversible, and eventually we're going to have to face those truths because if we do nothing, the Earth will basically stop being habitable. If it's possible to reverse Global Warming from the point we're at now, we should try our best to do so now, because every little bit will help delay it, if there's some way to still live on the Earth afterwards, it would be nice to start establishing that now - having 8 billion+ people suddenly completely change their way of life won't exactly happen overnight, so best to ease into it now.

I'm not saying at all that we should uproot ourselves from our homes immediately stop using electricity, cars, etc. I'm just advocating that if you haven't started already, recycling is a good thing to do, and that in most cities (in NA anyways) will have garbage cans all over the place, so consider throwing your garbage in there instead of on the ground.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide