Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

A few things to note from the IPCC gathering...

Creator: Searz October 6, 2013 2:41pm
1 2 3 4
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:09pm | Report
So all in all what you say is:
Humanity cannot stay much longer the way it is right now.

And what I say is:
Humanity as a civilasation can exist for a long time.

If I am right about that point you made, then I completely agree. There will be changes, we will have to adapt to the way climate is changing right now, and those adaptions will allow us humanity to exist for a much longer time. Things will have to change, things will suck for a long time, but we will get through it.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:19pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

So all in all what you say is:
Humanity cannot stay much longer the way it is right now.

And what I say is:
Humanity as a civilasation species can exist for a long time.

Fixed.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:22pm | Report
thnx bby
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 2:10pm | Report
Quoted:

"a) don't listen to the weather channel...they are awful..and will sensationalize the smallest temperature changes....just think to yourself...was it 40 oC last october? how many tornadoes occurred last years and where? was it 10 oC in june last year? etc."
Is some real ****ty populist opinionated ******** that i wouldn't expect a scientist to ever say since there are a lot of factors that affect the weather on a yearly/10yearly/decadely basis(ever heard of el nino and the likes of it?)

Uhuh, and where do you get such data from?
Feel free to make statements, but be prepared to back them up properly, because otherwise they hold no weight.
Quoted:

Business guy pølse reporting in:
I'm 100% with lomborg on this one(bjørn lomborg, pretty much the only skeptical environmentalist there is)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10362717/Keep-calm-and-save-the-Earth.html

Sure, he brings up a few valid points. There's an ugly side to most things. But he (the author), just like some of the people he opposes seems to be cherry-picking results and really doesn't seem to bring a balanced view to the table.
A balanced view is worth much more than two unbalanced views.
Nighthawk wrote:

because if we do nothing, the Earth will basically stop being habitable.

False. Unless we do something drastic to our planet it will likely stay habitable for a long, long, long time.

Large parts of the human population or the population in its entirety might die off as a result of the climate changes, but there will always be life that survives and adapts.

@searz. of course we contribute. i would love to hear an argument that suggests that we don't contribute to climate change. but 100%...meh...not there yet...need to read more of the report i suppose.

And we never will be at 100%. It's gonna be nigh impossible to get an actual percentage, but we can get a fairly accurate picture of the state of things through research. It only gets more accurate as times passes.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 3:27pm | Report
Soz bioalchemist. My lack of english skills and my hatred for some Hippie/commie bastards in my country kinda blinded my reading ability.

@searz i did - el nino is a 7 yearly(?) cyclus that has a big impact on temperature levels and people have failed to take it into account in the past, as to why i say there might be other trends that noone knows about just yet.

We also don't know if the CO2 emissions heat start to have diminishing effects at some point(i do not know much about this, but some guy i know told me that was gonna be how it worked): X%CO2=1 degree ; 10X%CO2=9 degrees - or something like that if you understand what i mean?

Imo Bjørn Lomborgs view's the most balanced there is, being a business major and working on a business college in his everyday has made him pretty darn good with numbers and he also has a good understanding of the climate. His opinion might be a little too laissez-faire to be the most balanced, but i honestly don't know any other "environmentalists" who has taken anything other than "hurr-durr CO2" into account when doing articles. Are there anyone more balanced out there? If yes, plz link <3
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 5:21pm | Report
I love these kinds of threads on MOBAfail. It's like a bunch of teenagers trying to discuss something they're unresearched about, aside from the google link they just looked up.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 1:49am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

I love these kinds of threads on MOBAfail. It's like a bunch of teenagers trying to discuss something they're unresearched about, aside from the google link they just looked up.

but...
but...
that other guy, has to know my opinion :(
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 6:31am | Report
Quoted:

@searz i did - el nino is a 7 yearly(?) cyclus that has a big impact on temperature levels and people have failed to take it into account in the past, as to why i say there might be other trends that noone knows about just yet.

In the case of El Nino you're forgetting La Nina, the cooling period. In the end I think the results are pretty much +/- 0.
Many of these cycles end up how they started or very close, so I see no real reason to consider such things.
But do present one if you know one.
Quoted:
We also don't know if the CO2 emissions heat start to have diminishing effects at some point(i do not know much about this, but some guy i know told me that was gonna be how it worked): X%CO2=1 degree ; 10X%CO2=9 degrees - or something like that if you understand what i mean?

*or multiplicative effects*
No, we don't know, but seeing as you mentioned just one instance (and a few other things) it seems that your opinion is slightly tilted here.
Quoted:
Imo Bjørn Lomborgs view's the most balanced there is, being a business major and working on a business college in his everyday has made him pretty darn good with numbers and he also has a good understanding of the climate. His opinion might be a little too laissez-faire to be the most balanced, but i honestly don't know any other "environmentalists" who has taken anything other than "hurr-durr CO2" into account when doing articles. Are there anyone more balanced out there? If yes, plz link <3

It's hard to find any single person that is balanced in his or her views. It's probably easier to find a group, and hey, wadda ya know? This topic is about one such group; the IPCC :D

Enjoy the reading :)
http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/#.UlVaBhCDkwG
http://www.climatechange2013.org/images/uploads/WGIAR5-SPM_Approved27Sep2013.pdf
http://www.ipcc.ch/news_and_events/press_information.shtml#.UlVaBxCDkwG
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 7:32am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

If done right

Lol.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.