Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An interesting take on pirating

Creator: Toshabi May 2, 2013 2:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 7:42am | Report

Yea... This looks like a pretty bad game in the end..
I've played the Android/iOS game Game Dev Story and this game is very, VERY similar to that.
It has the exact same problems.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 9:33am | Report
^ yeah I agree. good review. I think the points he makes are right on point from the gameplay you see. I don't want to have to play a game through a guide (aka wiki as he notes). great concept. doesn't seem to deliver.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 9:35am | Report
I bought the game, played it myself.

Loved it at the start, but later on you are just doomed to fail, because it is really hard to play.

Played it like 10 times now, it is a fun game to play, but I wish it indeed gave more tips on getting succesful, or just put in multiple forms of difficulity (like easy, medium and hard) :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 9:38am | Report

^ yeah I agree. good review. I think the points he makes are right on point from the gameplay you see. I don't want to have to play a game through a guide (aka wiki as he notes). great concept. doesn't seem to deliver.

There are games that are more acceptable to go to wikis for, but a game like this is not suited for it. Going to a wiki for this game really does defeat the purpose and just turns the game into a cow-clicker.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 9:45am | Report
Searz wrote:

turns the game into a cow-clicker.

lol never heard that term before. nice.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 9:51am | Report

lol never heard that term before. nice.

The term was coined by Ian Bogost through his game Cow Clicker.

"Cow Clicker is a Facebook game about Facebook games. It's partly a satire, and partly a playable theory of today's social game"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Clicker
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 10:24am | Report
^ lol epic. that game sounds fantastic. now that the rapture has occurred I must buy it XD

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 11:22am | Report
I think the reason for all the piracy is that it's just a lot more comfortable to pirate a game or whatever than to buy it. Pirating is easier, faster and more accessible. Why should I bother searching and going to a shop to buy a game - without even knowing if it isn't sold out - if I can just continue sitting in my chair, click a few times and be done? And even for computer games pirating is quicker and easier. I may be one of the exceptional few, but at least I don't have an online banking account, and most of the times the payment methods are not sufficient for me. In the end I could be able buy it of course, but that'll take too much time.
The lack of good service for "the paying way" is what makes piracy so attractive. They better work at that instead of thinking up new ways to stop piracy, which makes the service for the customers even worse.
Also I find it very ironical that we(NL not sure if EU) have a law that makes us pay a fine for buying recordable media devices(dvd, cd-rom, usb-stick, smartphone, harddisks, pc's and whatever more) for piracy. So basically that means they make people pay for piracy already when you buy a medium, with no evidence whatsoever you will use it for self-made copies for personal use(which is the thing we learned to call piracy). I don't know how you read this, but to me it means piracy is in a way legalized or at least you already paid for it beforehand.

Yeah, I got bored. But really, I think this is, in a nutshell, why piracy exists.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 11:29am | Report
Game Dev Tycoon is a bad game because I have lag.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 11:44am | Report

I think the reason for all the piracy is that it's just a lot more comfortable to pirate a game or whatever than to buy it. Pirating is easier, faster and more accessible. Why should I bother searching and going to a shop to buy a game - without even knowing if it isn't sold out - if I can just continue sitting in my chair, click a few times and be done? And even for computer games pirating is quicker and easier. I may be one of the exceptional few, but at least I don't have an online banking account, and most of the times the payment methods are not sufficient for me. In the end I could be able buy it of course, but that'll take too much time.

The lack of good service for "the paying way" is what makes piracy so attractive.

I can use my real bank account to pay for things online. It's connected to visa, which to me seems like a pretty good way of paying for things online.
Are you seriously saying that there's no good way of paying for things online? Because I'm pretty sure there are several and that you're just too lazy to even try looking into it. (seriously, just ask your bank)

Regarding the simplicity of downloading games digitally you are absolutely right though.
As Gabe Newell(some kind of boss at Valve, Valve owns Steam) says: "Piracy is a service problem and the way to defeat piracy is to provide a better service than the pirates."
But on PC we have several good vendors to buy games from.
Steam is the giant among them with more than 30 million monthly users.
Good Old Games(GOG) is the second biggest and mainly has the advantage of offering all their games completely DRM-free and offers the same pricing no matter where you live.
Then we have Green Man Gaming(GMG) which sells a lot of games that activate on Steam, but has better pricing in some cases.
There are more, but those are the biggest and best to my knowledge.

Buying games from those vendors is even easier than pirating and that's why they're so damn popular.
EA's Origin is garbage though, so I wouldn't blame anybody for pirating something from them.

Quoted:
Also I find it very ironical that we(NL not sure if EU) have a law that makes us pay a fine for buying recordable media devices(dvd, cd-rom, usb-stick, smartphone, harddisks, pc's and whatever more) for piracy. So basically that means they make people pay for piracy already when you buy a medium, with no evidence whatsoever you will use it for self-made copies for personal use(which is the thing we learned to call piracy). I don't know how you read this, but to me it means piracy is in a way legalized or at least you already paid for it beforehand.

Ironic*
Yes, that is pure ********.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide