Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An interesting take on pirating

Creator: Toshabi May 2, 2013 2:16am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 11:19am | Report
at first i didn't like the title of that article, i misinterpreted what it meant.

but after reading the article i couldn't agree more. the part about piracy being unstoppable, and that you should focus on making something people want instead of trying to **** them over, is the key to making money in a digital world.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 3:31pm | Report
Or you could always go f2p. It seems to be working really well these days. I don't remember who it was, but I think it was Gabe Newell that said F2P was the way of the future of gaming. Of course only certain kinds of games can legitimately pull off F2P, but those that can should.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 4:46pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

Or you could always go f2p. It seems to be working really well these days. I don't remember who it was, but I think it was Gabe Newell that said F2P was the way of the future of gaming. Of course only certain kinds of games can legitimately pull off F2P, but those that can should.

f2p the future? yeah ****ing right. f2p games are almost always awful.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 4:49pm | Report
League of Legends is a free to play game. I fail to see how the f2p model is bad.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 4:51pm | Report
waiting for caucheka to post "LoL is a terrible game".

Sig made by elenah
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 6:16pm | Report
I believe LoL is a bubble that's going to burst either this season or next season.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 6:27pm | Report
why do you think that Toshabi?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 6:30pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

I believe LoL is a bubble that's going to burst either this season or next season.

Yeah, I think so too.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 6:34pm | Report
League won't die off, pretty sure this champion every month thing will die eventually though.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 6:35pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's a very stupid statement to make. You don't seem to understand how piracy and digital media works.
This is a good read that also illustrates my point:
http://tommyrefenes.tumblr.com/post/45684087997/apathy-and-refunds-are-more-dangerous-than-piracy

read the article...i understand that companies need to equate for losses that all companies will have and that making games less accessible actually leads to more piracy. i also understand that most of the people who pirate may or may not have ever bought the game if pirating devices weren't available. but it is still difficult for me to swallow that someone gets something for free while I have to pay for it...why? cause they are built into the expected losses? because they weren't going to support the product in any case? i dunno...guess that just doesn't sit right. kinda reminds me of the work place where there are a **** ton of slackers and the people who actually work hard have to make up for their slacking...but that that make up work has become an expectation instead of a gift...for some reason i still cling on to a sense of fairness...even though that is definitely a dieing (if not already dead) idea.

good read though thanks.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide