Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Graphics card

Creator: Xiaowiriamu June 13, 2011 1:05pm
35 posts - page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 1:05pm | Report
Hmmf looks like my NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS is playing up. And is probably the main reason to why I'm unable to play League of Legends (Bugsplats). So I have two questions:

Who else has this graphis card but still playing?
    I'm thinking of buying a new one next weekend, my budget is like £150 (which is like $300). So anyone got any to recommend?

Thanks in advice, I don't know much about these things, so yeah... don't want to be buying a horrible graphics card etc.
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 2:34pm | Report
i have integrated graphic card. so ya.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 3:26pm | Report
Your best bet is probably the ATI Radeon HD6870. Dunno about the cost in your currency exactly, but it should be around 140-150£ (if not cheaper).
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 3:33pm | Report
Might want to PM HeAt about this too. He knows that stuff well.... Made us lose a game because of it...

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 3:42pm | Report
Check your monitor. Might sound stupid, but one of my friends couldn't play LoL with his old monitor but when we plugged it into our 52" Plasma TV, it was fine. As you can imagine, LoL didn't look that great on such a huge screen, but yeah.

Also, depending on how big your computer case is, you might want to consider an older version of Raidon. Because the newer versions had trouble playing LoL and Borderlands (anything that required severe anti-aliasing... the black/whatever colour outlining against champions/objects). Anything below HD 6970 is fine.

You could also try turning your graphics in-game to as low as possible? :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 3:45pm | Report
>:D ATI Radeon HD6870 looks neat.

...and i'm not sure its my monitor, I've had this monitor for years and my league of legends only started playing up around end of April after one of the patches.

I'm actually considering buying a whole new PC tbh. lol

P.S I've always played on low graphics >:D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 3:56pm | Report
It's a great graphics card. Extremely power efficient (as in Watt) and pretty powerful. Would be my choice if I weren't looking for something a little more powerful (and more expensive).

ALL graphics cards nowadays have the same sockets. DVI is the white one. If your monitor only has the old socket - VGA(purble/blue) - you can use an adapter to make it work.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 4:17pm | Report
To be honest, if you're running on low graphics all the time, maybe it's a good time to upgrade your PC :P LoL isn't very intensive on anything, and if you can't run it, it's a good sign there's a problem.

My old laptop, with 70GB memory and 2GB RAM ran LoL on the very lowest graphics and no shadows, but not well. That's 2003 laptops for you ^^

My new laptop in comparison runs fine :P

Haha, when you're done building your computer, you should take a pic ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 12:55am | Report
Ok since i know some stuff and recently bought whole PC+Monitor i am quite on the flow now.

The best you could get near that prize is:
MSI GeForce GTX 560 TX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC 1GB DDR5 PCI-E (it should be the range of 300$ but it depends on the store and country)

Why you might ask?
The 560Ti architecture is a bit better (in most cases ofc there are some games that prefer nVidia and other prefer AMD/ATI) than 6870.

Now why MSI? and why this model.
Twin Frozr is the answer. The noise that it generates is marginal (i can hear my CPU way louder than this card beeing stressed even with Metro 2033.
Also the stability of this card is quite proven already. I suggested it to many ppl already and noone ever complained.

For a review i suggest guru3D if you want.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-n560gtx-ti-twin-frozer-ii-review/

And this is the manufacturer site for the product:
http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Ti-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.html

And if you are thinking about buying a whole PC i can give some tips as well as suggesting stuff.
Hope i helped :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 1:54am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Might want to PM HeAt about this too. He knows that stuff well.... Made us lose a game because of it...

LOOOOL HAHAHA YEA XD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide