Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 7 of 55
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 5:24am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
I don't exaggerate, I use the product specs provided by the manufacturer

I wasn't talking about the CFM..
Inaudible is not a spec..
Quoted:
Also keep in mind that the Enthoo Luxe I'm using is doing a really good job directing the sound away from me and that I'm sitting at about 1m away from the chassis.

The dampening (assuming that the case has sound dampening) mainly helps against high frequency sounds. The sound of air flowing is impossible to avoid, because there has to be sufficient holes for the air to flow through, not to mention that the sound is lower pitched, reducing the effectiveness of the dampening.

So are you still gonna claim it to be inaudible? I mean, I think I might have slightly better hearing than average, but I still think the average person would be able to hear cases like these.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:21am | Report
Just to be clear, I said pretty much inaudible - it's of course not 100% silent but generally speaking you won't hear it at all unless you're listening for it in a VERY quiet room (e.g. during nighttime). This is because the side panels are very thick and even the front panel is mostly covered with a metal plate. The only mesh where air flows through is directed away from me hence the silent operation.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:56am | Report
Here is how it looks now. You can't remove the drive cage without using a saw, so I let it sit there for now. Everything below the cpu cooler is an intake, the rest are exhausts.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:58am | Report
Looks pretty good like that. How does it cool now?

By the way, what case is that?
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 7:02am | Report
I havn't checked yet, and I don't have really have time to bring the gpu under load right now(I shouldn't really be on mobafire tbh). I will update sometime later.

it is a corsair 200r. It is pretty great if you need to save money and can deal with no noise isolation and limited space above and behind the mobo.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 7:22am | Report
Here is how it looks now. You can't remove the drive cage without using a saw, so I let it sit there for now. Everything below the cpu cooler is an intake, the rest are exhausts.

Looks good. Have you fixed your PSU placement yet?
Vynertje wrote:
Just to be clear, I said pretty much inaudible - it's of course not 100% silent

I know. But that's exactly why you shouldn't use the word "inaudible" in the first place.
Saying that something is "pretty much inaudible" is like saying that a hard game is "pretty much impossible".
It's poor use of words. And I am - as you might know - a stickler for correct usage of language. It's an important tool for conveying information and shouldn't be misused.

mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 7:27am | Report
Searz wrote:

Looks good. Have you fixed your PSU placement yet?

No, but I will be moving in like 3 weeks, so I will have to at least partially disassemble my rig. I will do it when I reassemble it.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 4:58am | Report
Soooo, i've got this sound problem since my pc has been working after a long time:

Pratically i cannot hear any pc sound without wearing headphones. It might be system sounds, spotify, youtube, whatever, i just can't hear a sound even with everything at the max volume possible unless i wear headphones, my laptop just refuses to play any sound with his own speakers.

I tried everything, from troubleshooting for audio to updating sound drivers (which already were) and still cannot figure it out.

Here a screenshot from the mixer that shows that actually sounds and their volume are there but not really played.
"Your life is a burden. I bring you freedom!"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 5:07am | Report
^Can you show a picture of your "Playback devices"? It can be found by rightclicking the sound icon in the tray.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2015 5:13am | Report
Actually wearing headphones for what it matters

"Ah... delicious."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide