Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 3 of 55
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 1:21am | Report
@Hifrombuddha

Just to troubleshoot some of the more obvious things; did you plug your monitor into your graphics card or into your motherboard? If you accidentally plugged it into your motherboard you'll be running from intel integrated graphics which really sucked on the i5 2500.

Also, can you run a check to see how much RAM/GPU/CPU is being used while in-game? You can find the RAM/CPU under task manager, GPU you'll need to download MSI Afterburner for.

Basically, I'm wondering if your computer is by chance clogged up with background processes taking up RAM and therefore slowing your performance down. Judging you only have 4GB RAM total and only like 10% free hard drive space, that seems like a possibility.

@Bigboxgamer:

Just because this is a new thread, doesn't mean that you should post this **** again. One more **** comment like that and I'll ask the admins personally to ban you from this thread too. You're comparing a 400$ card to a 650$ card, no ****.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 1:30am | Report
Alright, I'll do those things now. Just one thing, like I mentioned, I've got little clue with what I'm doing around computers. How will I know if I plugged the thing into the motherboard, or is there no consistent way to tell? (I have no clue what computer components are what and what leads to what, sorry)

EDIT: Wait, I think I got it. It's plugged into the thing with NVidia on it.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 1:42am | Report
Yeah Nvidia is the correct thing. The consistent way to know if it's the correct thing is that your motherboard is also where you plug in your audio, USB etc. The video card is usually somewhat below that and only supports video output.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 1:46am | Report
Then say it for what it is, ****. I know you hate fact, but you'll accept it one day and the fact that you have to SILENCE me only proves me even more right.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 1:53am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Yeah Nvidia is the correct thing. The consistent way to know if it's the correct thing is that your motherboard is also where you plug in your audio, USB etc. The video card is usually somewhat below that and only supports video output.

Yeah, I definitely have the right thing then.

Then say it for what it is, ****. I know you hate fact, but you'll accept it one day and the fact that you have to SILENCE me only proves me even more right.

Are you serious right now? Can you not just drop the topic so we don't get a repeat of last time?
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 1:55am | Report
Then why do these get made in the first place? So Vynertje can be an AMD fanboy? May as well call it, "Vynertje's AMD Fanboy Thread" and I wouldn't feel the need to drop some fact in a thread disguised as a PC discussion. Although, I would like the think AMD would have become something worth money had Samsung bought the company out.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 2:07am | Report
Then why do these get made in the first place? So Vynertje can be an AMD fanboy? May as well call it, "Vynertje's AMD Fanboy Thread" and I wouldn't feel the need to drop some fact in a thread disguised as a PC discussion. Although, I would like the think AMD would have become something worth money had Samsung bought the company out.

Bro, cut it out. This is at least the second thread you've "enhanced" with your AMD hate. Everyone has their own like for different companies and obviously you hate AMD with a passion that could possibly control a small country.

I don't want to lock this because people actually want to know about computer parts, and they are allowed an opinion, so for ****s sake, give it a rest on the AMD bashing.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 2:16am | Report
Then why does it keep coming up? I posted my piece and was completely happy with dropping fact, it's Vyn that usually flings **** first. And, this discussion infuriates me to no end, and he knows it and flings **** knowing full well how passionate I get about this subject and my goal of factual statements only. At the end of the day, he'll get his cute little ban because I'm already hated by most of mods on here.

@Luigi: So, I do have your attention. I want this thread closed, want people to know about PC's more than Vyn ever will. nVidia is the standard for a reason and Vyn doesn't want anyone to know that.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 2:19am | Report

Jokes aside, if you were to give me 750€ (the price of either an R9 Fury / GTX 980 Ti) I'd pick the 980 Ti all day. Just like how I'd never ever buy an AMD CPU right now.

Matter of the fact is, at all price points below that AMD has VERY competitive offerings (especially if you don't have to pay your own power bill on the 390(x) cards). 390X = 980 at anything above 1080p, while costing 100$ less off the shelf. 390 beats the 970 at >1080p while costing exactly as much. 380 is about as fast as the 960 while it's 20€ cheaper for the 4GB version. 370 beats the 750 Ti by a landslide (although it doesn't have native DX12 support). Until the GTX 950 is released in the upcoming months, I'd always recommend AMD cards in the lower segment. In the upper segment, Nvidia is clearly the better choice.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 2:21am | Report
That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. If I get banned, he better get banned too.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide