Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Feel No Pain question

Creator: DuffTime March 6, 2012 10:53am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 1:49am | Report
And what's about picking Fiora against Urgot? She can easily close the gap and has great sustain. Also with Lunge she can dodge his E.

Or you just destroy him with Talon. If you jump him he can't fight back. Just bait his E, then jump in and deal tons of damage.

Finally, Shaco jungle can mean also the end for Urgot. Picking a gank-heavy jungler is the key.

I think, it is more important to dodge e with ease and then deal the damage to your enemy, rather than sustain. Because Urgot can't fight back without his E locked.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 2:15am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Hm?

Genja was running +15 AD not long ago (though I'm unsure if he runs it every time, I definitely saw it that game he was 2v1), rushing a Brutalizer of course. He hit like a truck.

Lawl, that proves that pros don't really know how to rune optimally.

I don't have the numbers here right now, but I belive ArP gets better than AD at rank 2 on Q(that would be lvl3).
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 5:22am | Report
Riven has insane sustain in terms of her E&HP-Reg early game and if she gets her wriggles, GG.
Also Tree top just made me lol hard.
If that Urgot build's full-offense he wont be a problem out of lane phase anyways.
But i need to agree on Yorick, he can even beat a Nid&Shen solo-top. Idk bout Talon, the last Talon i played against in draft was a ~40 Armor Riven(me) vs a 16 Armor Talon....
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 9:39am | Report
Although I'm pretty sure Duff know what he's going to do at this point, what about Nunu & Willump with Smite? Combined with Consume, it'd be very easy to steal Urgot's blue, Nunu's got a lot of sustain, some decent ranged harass, and Blood Boil to run away from Urgot's combo or dodge the acid in the first place. His ult's also really strong disruption in teamfights, even without Nunu building much (or any) AP; I assume the enemy team is smart enough not to let you charge it for herpderp damage and still hit them.

Of course, I doubt it'd turn top lane into the dead zone Duff wants, so I'm more just throwing it out as a suggestion that I hadn't seen yet. It's very probably not the best, but it does have some merit.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 9:44am | Report
^ that might work. Only issue is that you'd have to 100% know when they were going for blue.

Also, Nunu has early mana issues as well. Catalyst solves that but, you might have a tough time getting there.
True love is found only in yourself.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 10:13am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Only issue is that you'd have to 100% know when they were going for blue.

You'd want to ward it, of course. With Blood Boil and tier two boots, this shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, Duff'll probably want to ward their blue (or have someone else do it) no matter who he ends up playing top, so that he has a better chance of denying it for Urgot.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 10:18am | Report
Actually, Irelia has sustain, a dash to easily dodge e and high damage. She should beat him.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 10:18am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Do people even read this thread before they comment lol?

cause like the last 5 pages have been people recommending either terrible picks, or mages, and we all know Duff sucks at mages :P

it also seems people are ignoring that Urgot is going to get Blue lul...

=_= I'm good enough at mages ;p

But yeah the last few pages have been a complete waste and mostly terrible recommendations.

Temzilla wrote:

MR seals? So you're saying that you can only get 1-2 q's on me? Or do you want to run into my creeps with no armor?

Also, if you stack MR vs Mordekaiser, you won't do enough damage against him to actually push him out of lane, and so he will just push you under your tower and roam/counter jungle, or just force you to miss cs under tower.

^

I'd take deeps vrs Morde, not MR.

Besides we already know his runepage is flat CDR blues, mana regen yellows, and ArP reds and quints.

NicknameMy wrote:

Or you just destroy him with Talon. If you jump him he can't fight back. Just bait his E, then jump in and deal tons of damage.

My buddy says he gets crushed by Talon. I'm not sure if it's true or not, never tried it.

Also if you move onto Urgot he can still be scary to fight, even without E
Lugignaf wrote:

^ that might work. Only issue is that you'd have to 100% know when they were going for blue.

Also, Nunu has early mana issues as well. Catalyst solves that but, you might have a tough time getting there.

That's easy. Purple team top laner should always have eyes on enemy blue. It's just so amazingly easy to steal.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 12:15pm | Report
A silenced Urgot is scary? Which tries to hit a stealth enemy?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 12:46pm | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Tree top just made me lol hard.

Yukimaru wrote:

Riven has insane sustain

Maokai's sustain is really good vs someone like urgot, he isn't a melee, and he will be infinitely more useful against a team with urgot late game.

DuffTime wrote:

^

I'd take deeps vrs Morde, not MR.

Besides we already know his runepage is flat CDR blues, mana regen yellows, and ArP reds and quints.

If he's not using armor runes at all, Tryndamere would do pretty good against him no?

Mocking Shout is really strong vs Urgot.

Spinning slash is plenty mobility to avoid E if you're looking for that, and If he hits you with one, just W him and take no damage, then heal through it with cloth 5?

The problem with his runes is that mana/5 seals are ****ing terrible, and cdr blues are bad because he doesn't have the mana pool to use them.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide