Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Feel No Pain question

Creator: DuffTime March 6, 2012 10:53am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 11:45am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Have to play against urgot main?

Why not Zoidberg?

I think any tanky mages, swain, mordekaiser, cassiopeia, Xerath, Morgana, Soraka, or Vladimir can deal with him.

Turtle Udyr would probably be able to deal with him.

Your goal against urgot is to out sustain him, because he has mana issues and no sustain.

The problem is his W really, if he didn't have his W he would be pretty easy to beat, but his W is low cost, gives him a shield and a slow, and makes him a pretty good bruiser.

Basically, if you are purple, you have to aggressively deny his blues, and if you are blue, you have to protect your blue, and generally not die to him.

Urgot counters most of the tanky mages.

Udyr's not the greatest choice either but he's -a- choice I have considered.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 11:46am | Report
lol, k :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 11:53am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Urgot counters most of the tanky mages.

Udyr's not the greatest choice either but he's -a- choice I have considered.

How so?

His late game is all about killing squishies with his high damage Q.

But high armor mages with CC or good sustained damage should melt him.

Most of them should be able to handle him in lane as well.
Tri lane for life.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 12:03pm | Report
So, you mean Xerath? He is actually a longer range Urgot, if you want it like that.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 12:12pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

So, you mean Xerath? He is actually a longer range Urgot, if you want it like that.

Xerath should beat him, so should Morgana, Cassiopeia, Orianna, and Mordekaiser.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 12:41pm | Report
Mord loses 100%, and I'm not sure about the other ones, but Urgot is often sent mid lane because of how easily he beats most mages.

Xerath will lose if he tries to trade with Urgot. He'd have to get combos for free.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 12:48pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Mord loses 100%, and I'm not sure about the other ones, but Urgot is often sent mid lane because of how easily he beats most mages.

Xerath will lose if he tries to trade with Urgot. He'd have to get combos for free.

Idk why morde would lose tbh, I would have to run it against a good urgot.

You wouldn't be able to run standard runes or items, but morde has the tools to punish urgot i feel.
Tri lane for life.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 1:09pm | Report
Ehm, Mordekaiser beated Urgot mid at the IEM, first match: http://iemhanover.leagueoflegends.com/match/group-round-11-clg-vs-dignitas

But yeah, safest pick should be Morgana, can ignore the slow on W and has great sustain against his low mana. Xerath would be the most aggressive pick, because his job is to outpoke him. And he naturally gains armor so he can win trades.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 1:14pm | Report
Well I totally agree on the lack of experience playing against him. I think I've seen all of 5 Urgot's *ever*.

Not surprisingly (considering IEM) I played against an Urgot last night. Top lane battle, I was katarina vs. their Urgot. They did a lvl 1 invade on our blue and gave it to Urgot which made the lane a nightmare at first. Not to mention I had no idea what to do against him.

On the plus side, looking back Katarina isn't the absolute worst pick...but maybe close. Since I picked up boots + pots to start and Shunpo my constant mobility let me avoid most of his harass. Anytime I stopped moving and let him land his acid on me to get the lock-on I would immediately shunpo backwards to a minion to avoid the missile spam. I died once pre-level 6 due to an early dive he coordinated with his jungler.
After level 6 I was ruthless. lvl 2 boots and shunpo spam kept me out of acid, I ranked Bouncing Blade first to ensure my CS wasn't being robbed. Everytime my W was up I would W+Q on a minion near him followed by a shunpo in + hide in the bush. His natural tankiness doesn't help much with that much poke, + Katarina does mostly magic damage. Whenever I got him to half health I would do my normal poke + ult and kill him.

Best Part? Once lane phase was over, Urgot was semi-pointless. Outside of his ult he just wasn't that scary in team fights.

tl;dr played against an urgot as Kat, did OK, it was probably a ****tastic Urgot.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 1:58pm | Report

Morde lost to Urgot in lane pretty hard...

Temzilla wrote:

Idk why morde would lose tbh, I would have to run it against a good urgot.

You wouldn't be able to run standard runes or items, but morde has the tools to punish urgot i feel.

His shield gets smashed and he eats like 2-3 Q's for free.

NicknameMy wrote:

But yeah, safest pick should be Morgana, can ignore the slow on W and has great sustain against his low mana.

Nope and I'm not running either of those top lane.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide