Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Last Whisper

Creator: Rudmed June 6, 2011 3:38pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 3:38pm | Report
Now I have done some number curnching on Last Whisper and I am kinda wondering why would you buy it. I know it gives good attack damage, and not to mention ARP. Though at the same time I look at Black Cleaver and I wonder why not get this item? I mean on an 80 armor target (about all champions without armor) you pentrate 32 armor, but after the 3rd hit with TBC you go through 45. I doubt you're gonna two shot anyone in this game, so TBC seems like a better buy imo.

Though this only true until you attack a tank, and it makes me wonder why? Why? on earth would you be attacking the tank (unless he is the only one there.) So unless that carry (for some ungodly reason) is stacking armor I don't see why more builds get TBC.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 3:56pm | Report
because if you build TBC they will get a chain vest and there you go, you wasted 2.8 k or w/e

last whisper basically says "hey, it doesn't matter if you get armor, I'm still going to do a tonne of damage"
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 4:01pm | Report
TBC seems like a better choice on most champions. It's really superior on auto attacks, but LW will beat it on physical abilities (assuming you haven't attacked them with AAs yet).

@Jet
It deals more damage on auto attacks almost regardless of armor. At 200+ armor LW will be better, but below that; NO.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 5:39pm | Report
Black Cleaver with Armor Pen marks and quints win.
Armor Reduction lets allies do more damage too. So Black Cleaver definitely better.

Deadly auto-attacks are deadly.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 6:09pm | Report
Though I wonder. If you were to get a Last Whisper and they got more armor you would still do the same amount of damage right? Because the 40% value doesn't change, or atleast that is what I am thinking. If so then all the % items have fooled us darn well.
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 6:55pm | Report
Last whisper is for the late game armor stacking, the flat reduction from TBC isn't going to cut it anymore. Which is why we buy last whisper for the % reduction, it's simple really..
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 7:01pm | Report
Armor stacking...HMMMMM. What type of characters armor stacks..

Carries= no not really.
Anti-carries= Maybe a little, but not much.
Support= No unless it is just part of what they build.
off-tanks= Some, but may get more AD items.
Tanks= Oh yeah.

So once again I bring up the point, why get it unless your attacking the tank? Then again why are you attacking the tank in the 1st place. Look at what searz said too.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2011 8:28pm | Report
SinDelta wrote:

Last whisper is for the late game armor stacking, the flat reduction from TBC isn't going to cut it anymore.

Most teams do more magic damage then physical nowadays.
And your base armor is actually higher then your base MR.

Physical damage only stays important because of auto-attacks, minion aggro, and towers.

Rarely will you find a more then 1 champion on the enemy team that stacks 200+ armor.
In which case, Madred's Bloodrazor, and your magic damage deals will clean that champion out thoroughly.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2011 1:38am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Most teams do more magic damage then physical nowadays.
And your base armor is actually higher then your base MR.

Physical damage only stays important because of auto-attacks, minion aggro, and towers.

Rarely will you find a more then 1 champion on the enemy team that stacks 200+ armor.
In which case, Madred's Bloodrazor, and your magic damage deals will clean that champion out thoroughly.

And if they have 200+ armor and MR? =P
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2011 5:36am | Report
SinDelta wrote:

Last whisper is for the late game armor stacking, the flat reduction from TBC isn't going to cut it anymore. Which is why we buy last whisper for the % reduction, it's simple really..

Will people who got no ****ing idea of what they're talking about please stop talking? Thank you.

@Rudmed
No, you're just confusing yourself.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide