Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

OTG's Season 5 QoL Suggestions

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 4, 2015 8:55am
1 2 3 4 5
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 8:55am | Report
Ok, so Season 5 is kind of settling in now during pre-season, but more than a few champions are having trouble adjusting or being relevant. So I thought up a few small QoL changes that could help them get back into gear without changing anything significantly.

Here we go;

Increase base health to 580 from 538.
Increase health per level to 90 from 85. (This gives Aatrox a total health pool of 2110 at level 18, he currently has 1983.)
Context: Aatrox is notoriously paper thin considering his role as a bruiser/psuedo-tank.

Increase base movement speed to 335 from 325.
Context: Having no escapes, and mediocre damage, Ashe needs to be able to kite better. Her slows help, but not always enough.

Pyroclasm: New feature; If Pyroclasm cannot bounce to another target, it will explode on it's target immediately, dealing an additional 50/75/100% damage.
Context: Brand lacks burst when his enemies are isolated, this would give him a bit more power in a 1v1 scenario.

Vorpal Spikes: Now deal an additonal 10% of Cho'Gath's bonus health in magic damage.
Context: Cho'Gath gets very few bonuses for building tanky (other than being much harder to kill). This would increase his threat level enough to warrant him being focused. He currently often gets ignored. This would also synergize heavily with his ultimate and common item paths.

Bulwark: Can no longer be cast on allies. Is now automatically cast for free when Galio uses Idol of Durand (does not trigger cooldown).
Context: Galio rarely has to use this on an ally, nor is it very benificial to do so. Just a small buff to his ultimate if anything.

Parrrley: Gangplank may now shoot his own creeps to deny enemy champions of last hits, gaining the gold and booty for himself.
Remove Scurvy: Mana Cost removed.
Context: Gangplank guzzles mana for his other abilities, and in lane, he will often fall due to lacking the mana to eat a damn orange to escape a gank.

Fate's Call: Now deals 150/250/350 (+.7 AP) magical damage to targets hit. Additonally, if your bound ally does not issue the command, they will attempt to hit the nearest champion they can.
Context: Ultimate feels lackluster, and in soloQ people often get confused and frightened when they fly into Kalista.

Increase Movement speed to 335 from 325.
Titan's Wrath: DoT damage on hit effect will persist up to 5 seconds after the shield is destroyed (up to the maximum of 10 seconds).
Context: Naut's shield gets massacred early on in the new jungle. This change would help his clearing as well as his dueling somewhat. Increasing his plodding speed will also help him to escape counter junglers.

Arctic Assault: Bristle will now bites targets hit by Arctic Assault for up to 5 seconds with basic attacks, granting Sejuani 10/20/30/40/50 (+1% of maximum health) health on hit.
Context: Sejuani has abysmal sustain and dueling power. This would give her the ability to outlast opponents and jungle monsters.

Attack Range increased to 625 from 575.
Base Movement Speed decreased from 330 to 325.
Context: Like Caitlyn, Varus fills the fantasy of a long ranged sniper (He just uses a bow instead of a literal sniper rifle). However, he lacks the luxuries that Caitlyn enjoys, like an escape move. To compensate, he should get more attack range. Not only would this keep him at a safer distance, it would also make proccing Blighted Quiver far easier.

Increase projectile speed of basic attacks.
Context: Have you played Vladimir? It's atrocious.

So what do you guys think? Good ideas? Concerns? Got your own separate ideas? Discuss below!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 9:29am | Report
Aatrox

He has so much sustain, that you can't give him more HP. You know sustain is a different form of HP? Increasing it would make him unkillable and kill anyone at the same time while having a revive passive, no pls.

Ashe

Sounds good, but really, don't buff any adcs, others get nerfed 24/7 that Ashe one day will be pick & ban out of nowhere.

Brand

So, you wanna remove the counterplay from the ability? Rly? The way you counter it is to spread out, but with that change, rather let your whole team eat the bounces than getting away after some bounces. A different interesting change would be that it would be able to bounce to brand but that doesn't count then to the maximum bounces.

Cho'Gath

Would turn him into a totally OP monster, Cho'Gath has already enough damage, it is just that his damage is rather unreliable. Now, giving him huge reliable damage would break his kit.

Galio

I don't see why you shouldn't cast the shield on allies, I mean, 90 armor/mr is a huge amount. Also, Galio is already at a place where further buffs could turn him from up and op and making him totally unkillable that way with free bonus health would be one way to do that.

Gangplank

Free sustain? Rly?

Kalista

So what? You don't know what you are doing and suddenly you are for no reason in the middle of the enemy team with a poorly placed ultimate?

Nautilus

Ok

Sejuani

So, people already say Seju is the strongest tank jungler currently, so why buff her? Rather a metaproblem than a championproblem.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 10:25am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Aatrox

He has so much sustain, that you can't give him more HP. You know sustain is a different form of HP? Increasing it would make him unkillable and kill anyone at the same time while having a revive passive, no pls.

Ashe

Sounds good, but really, don't buff any adcs, others get nerfed 24/7 that Ashe one day will be pick & ban out of nowhere.

Brand

So, you wanna remove the counterplay from the ability? Rly? The way you counter it is to spread out, but with that change, rather let your whole team eat the bounces than getting away after some bounces. A different interesting change would be that it would be able to bounce to brand but that doesn't count then to the maximum bounces.

Cho'Gath

Would turn him into a totally OP monster, Cho'Gath has already enough damage, it is just that his damage is rather unreliable. Now, giving him huge reliable damage would break his kit.

Galio

I don't see why you shouldn't cast the shield on allies, I mean, 90 armor/mr is a huge amount. Also, Galio is already at a place where further buffs could turn him from up and op and making him totally unkillable that way with free bonus health would be one way to do that.

Gangplank

Free sustain? Rly?

Kalista

So what? You don't know what you are doing and suddenly you are for no reason in the middle of the enemy team with a poorly placed ultimate?

Nautilus

Ok

Sejuani

So, people already say Seju is the strongest tank jungler currently, so why buff her? Rather a metaproblem than a championproblem.

Aatrox's passive is on a horrendous cooldown. His base stats are terrible (comparitively to any other champion of his role). It's pretty unjustified as to why he has ADC level base health. Either that or decrease the cooldown on his passive. And yeah, I get that sustain is effective HP, but that only works if you can attack. As a damage dealer, Aatrox gets nuked immediately, then nuked again after passive. As a tank he just gets CC locked until he drops more than anything.

Riot SHOULD buff ADCs. Their current strategy is to repeatedly nerf the top tier ones, but somehow that doesnt actually drop them below the lower tier ones like Ashe.

Brand; that's actually a good idea.

Cho still wouldn't have reliable damage. A big slow goof trying to auto attack you with no gap closers is still easy to avoid.

Galio is far from being OP. Though I can see why not being able to cast Bulwark on allies would upset people.

Remove Scurvy is on a 22 second cooldown at rank 1. It's hardly a sustain ability. It's your escape.

Kalista's ult already auto throws you anyway. It seems to do it in a straight line. My idea would just make it kinda choose the nearest target to go for.

Naut; not sure if you agree or naut.

Seju; I thought Maokai was? Most people still think Seju is terrible. T.T I definitely feel like I get countered by red buff playing her.

Good critique though, thanks.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 10:33am | Report
Varus doesn't need a buff. Besides that, +50 range is a MASSIVE buff and would immediately put him in the OP spot.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 10:35am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Varus doesn't need a buff. Besides that, +50 range is a MASSIVE buff and would immediately put him in the OP spot.

You think? I feel like it would put him more in line with Cait to be honest. He trades mobility for higher (if more unreliable) damage and CC.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 10:54am | Report
As a galio player that bulwark change would immediately **** him up.

90 MR/Armor is the difference between your adc/mage surviving a zed all in or being blown the **** up.

And Galio if focused after Idol ends (even during if they have a strong comp for doing that and you have **** all for defense) will die whether or not you have shield or not. In fact you rarely use it on Galio now considering 99% of the time you want to be outside of range poking and zoning with Q and E. The only time I use it is when tanking creeps to gain extra hp, or early/mid game if I'm responsible for split push zed or am playing mid lane.

If anything they need to make it castable on creeps again because that hurt a huge amount of his sustain in mid lane.

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 11:04am | Report

You think? I feel like it would put him more in line with Cait to be honest. He trades mobility for higher (if more unreliable) damage and CC.

He already has so much damage and range on his spells, he doesn't need another additional 50 range. Honestly, Varus is an okay state and the only reason he's not tier-1 yet is because there are so many assassins on the table right now.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 11:07am | Report
I feel like his laning can be a bit terrible because his abilities are so easy to dodge. His level 1-3 are painful unless he gets consecutive full charged Q's off, and even then it's often moot because sustain is so easy to come by in bot lane nowadays from relic shield or ****ing Soraka.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 11:10am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
As a galio player that bulwark change would immediately **** him up.

90 MR/Armor is the difference between your adc/mage surviving a zed all in or being blown the **** up.

And Galio if focused after Idol ends (even during if they have a strong comp for doing that and you have **** all for defense) will die whether or not you have shield or not. In fact you rarely use it on Galio now considering 99% of the time you want to be outside of range poking and zoning with Q and E. The only time I use it is when tanking creeps to gain extra hp, or early/mid game if I'm responsible for split push zed or am playing mid lane.

If anything they need to make it castable on creeps again because that hurt a huge amount of his sustain in mid lane.

I must have a vastly different approach to playing Galio, seeing as I play him as if he's a tank. (even as AP). Also, never knew he was able to cast it on creeps ever.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 1:40pm | Report
Casting it on creeps is as dumb as Lee Sin's Safeguard applying a shield, it just messes with last hitting so much which it shouldn't do.

And yeah, I also play him rather as tank, only damage items I buy are penetration items ( Abyssal Mask, Sorcerer's Shoes). This also has a great synergy with Thornmail. Morellonomicon > Athene's Unholy Grail even on him.

If we are already talking about Bulwark, the combination of it with face of the mountain and Locket of the Iron Solari should do wonders for a carry ;).

And you know I can get a Cho working to AA you to death :D.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide