Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Quick question about Ryze and Zhonya's Hourglass

Creator: dadde April 12, 2011 11:39am
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:09pm | Report
I don't understand the double standard here, a lot of people praise actually trying something before criticizing it, yet here I am getting criticized =(
Trust me when I say I wouldn't get it at all if I didn't think it was beneficial.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

I don't understand the double standard here, a lot of people praise actually trying something before criticizing it, yet here I am getting criticized =(

I have tried it.
Like I said earlier;

high AD low AS

no point.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:11pm | Report
@Adon, I get the occasional Triforce as well for overall stats and Sheen Proc (it has mana, so why not?) I've killed with an AA many times.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
AD on Manamune is wasted, so is the AD passive. It's a MELEE version of AA's. I don't see why you should get a lesser version of AA's (for casters) at all : /. Mp5 is great, mana is great, but there are better items.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Zeprido wrote:

Trust me when I say I wouldn't get it at all if I didn't think it was beneficial.

And I'm a theory-crafting rampant. I agree, it is kind of counter-productive. Apologies.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:13pm | Report
Now, if something existed (such as Nashor's) that gave attack speed as well as mana (so as not to waste space), I would say go for it.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:15pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

@Adon, I get the occasional Triforce as well for overall stats and Sheen Proc (it has mana, so why not?) I've killed with an AA many times.

The point is you're changing from being a caster to a hybrid caster/ranged dps and it's weaker then being a full caster (annie) or a full ranged dps (ashe)
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:15pm | Report
@Scrax, again, the AD is just icing on the cake, I make use of it with Triforce and even get last hit kills with an AA, but the main purpose is to charge the passive quicker. Being able to hit hit the max 5-10 minutes quicker is priceless.

@Adon, Not true, the point is to be a full caster and maximize the passive to its fullest potential as early as possible.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:17pm | Report
http://www.solomid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/6802-upcoming-featured-guides-updated/page__st__20

"Vman7 Ryze is something like this, I think he has it posted on the official LoL forums. I dunno if he updates it or anything.

Ryze (9/7/14)
Flash – Ghost

Runes:
Red – Magic Pen
Yellow – Mana
Blue – Cooldown Reduction
Quin - HP

R > Q > W > E

Core:
Sapphire Crystal
Health Potion
Health Potion
Tear of the Goddess
Catalyst the Protector

Final:
Mercury's Treads
Banshee's Veil
Frozen Heart
Rod of Ages
Manamune or Archangel's Staff
Void Staff

"AP is virtually useless on Ryze now. The reason why you'll want a Manamune is because you'll have +100 AD by level 18 with full items, vs 150 AP - The thing is the Archangels isn't as useful because your huge pool IS your mana "regen," plus your only AP is from void staff and RoA - 160 ap. Manamune is for taking down towers and to split up your damage when you're not casting spells against people who've stacked MR against you. You don't need the 25 mp/5 that Archangel gives you.""
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2011 5:20pm | Report
@Jebus - Wow, wasn't even aware that Vman posted that. That's pretty much how I feel I suppose.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide