Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Skar Skar Skarner! Any thoughts on Support?

Creator: Kodaigan January 6, 2015 12:32pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2015 3:29pm | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
Every single game Leona, Braum, Blitzcrank and so on. I see them almost always. And personally it gets boring.
The real issue is that some of us like to win games, even normal games. If I'm trying to work on getting better with Graves the last thing I wanna see is someone playing something completely dumb like support Skarner. Stuff like that just annoys the **** out of me and, often, ruins games. Like, there are better things that are equally unorthodox if you're really looking for odd picks.
Kodaigan
<Member>
Kodaigan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2015 3:29pm | Report
Well then, if that's settled, I'll reply on this topic if the Build is good or if it is missing just something. Who knows? Maybe Skarner is good depending on the player who plays him. And oh, suddenly a Guide appeared! o.o

Nahhh, just joking, if a guide then someone else. I cannot explain in english. I bet most of you can read my broken english only with pain. hehe

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan
"One does not simply question a miracle." -Slumdog Millionaire

The figure used in this picture is not made by me.
Source:
Link
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2015 8:37pm | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
So anyone having thoughts on that or ideas?

Kodaigan wrote:
All in all a good explanation. But I don't really care about the drawbacks, because it's actually fun playing as Skarner Support.

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 12:25am | Report
Skarner isn't a good support because his poke is terrible, his CC is mediocre at best, is really damn item dependant and is incapable of sustaining himself nor the ADC.

If you want to play Skarner in an unusual role you can go ahead and play him AP mid. Proccing Lich Bane 24/7 and doing damage with abilities that usually don't is quite amusing. Other than that you should really play him jungle. His clear ability is good, his ganks are solid and once Skarner has his Iceborn Gauntlet, he is an absolute monster where escaping is impossibruuh B)
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Kodaigan
<Member>
Kodaigan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 3:18am | Report
@GrandmasterD: I don't know what you actually mean by that. Explanation maybe instead of a ****py 9Gag Meme? Thanks.

@Meiyjhe: Skarner mid?...Why does this sound so interesting?
I know Skarner is alot better in jungle. But maybe I want to relive old memories on support. Haha ^^
And why the hell is everyone saying he is squishy as hell ******** it. In all games I never felt squishy at all...

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan

Source:
Link
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 5:19am | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
@Meiyjhe: Skarner mid?...Why does this sound so interesting?
I know Skarner is alot better in jungle. But maybe I want to relive old memories on support. Haha ^^
And why the hell is everyone saying he is squishy as hell ******** it. In all games I never felt squishy at all...

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan
It isn't that he is squishy (tho he isn't tanky either), it is just that he has no way of regenerating health other than health regen. This wouldn't be an issue if he would've hard CC and/or hard poke, but he doesn't. He needs to get in close to be useful, but he doesn't have the CC nor killability to get out again without taking several hits.

Also; you don't have to end each comment you make like you are writing an email. The regards are appreciated, but isn't needed for every comment :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Kodaigan
<Member>
Kodaigan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 5:43am | Report
Well, I stopped playing as Skarner, since everybody is against of what I am doing. So if I would play him I have to run Jungle. Sad but okay, I'll stick with what I was doing before.

To the Regards-thing: It's just out of formality and respect to anyone reading my Opinion/Comment. I only use it mostly if the post is longer than 5-8 lines. Any shorter I leave it out, since it is...kinda useless.

Besides, I started Internet with writing E-Mails before it was cool. Got a habit doing so. I do it almost everywehre on any Forum Portal. So you don't really have to wonder, why I'm so damn sticky to the "senseless" formailty. c:
Thanks anyway for pointing out.

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan

Source:
Link
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 6:10am | Report
You shouldn't stop playing it if you find it fun, even if it isn't a great pick. I play Katarina, Lux and Yorick support, myself. I just wouldn't do it in ranked.

by jhoijhoi
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 6:24am | Report
Quoted:
You shouldn't stop playing it if you find it fun, even if it isn't a great pick. I play Katarina, Lux and Yorick support, myself. I just wouldn't do it in ranked.

Yeah, I play Rengar and Viktor support myself. Fun, but terrible. Just realize your flaws with Skarner and how they would impact a ranked game when everyone is trying harder. In normals it doesn't matter at all.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 6:26am | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
Well, I stopped playing as Skarner, since everybody is against of what I am doing. So if I would play him I have to run Jungle. Sad but okay, I'll stick with what I was doing before.

To the Regards-thing: It's just out of formality and respect to anyone reading my Opinion/Comment. I only use it mostly if the post is longer than 5-8 lines. Any shorter I leave it out, since it is...kinda useless.

Besides, I started Internet with writing E-Mails before it was cool. Got a habit doing so. I do it almost everywehre on any Forum Portal. So you don't really have to wonder, why I'm so damn sticky to the "senseless" formailty. c:
Thanks anyway for pointing out.

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan

when you ask for thoughts on something people are inclined to give you their thoughts on whether it's good or not and whether it's viable, not whether it's fun or not

and if you want people's thoughts, that generally means you want to be competitive/viable

no one is saying you can't play skarner for fun, they're just saying asking people for their thoughts and then saying "oh well i'll play him anyways because he's fun" isn't really like...how things work, i guess, when you ask for their thoughts.

neways enjoy, just don't play it in ranked

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide