Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Triforce vs. Frozen Mallet

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 25, 2011 7:52pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 6:38am | Report
What you think about the new item:

Frozen Warhammer (???? g): 70 Damage, 275 HP; Passive: 25% chance of slowing the target for 3.5 seconds; Active: 100% chance to slow your target (Cooldown: 90 seconds)

in this section?
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 9:38am | Report
Oh god, Frozen Warhammer = Happy, happy Crocodile and Spartan.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:31am | Report
I would agree, but don't under estimate the option to simply purchase both on certain champions... The amount of effect per cost wasted is decent but it still can be worth it.
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:40am | Report
Trinity all the way. Lolol. I may be biased though, since i play lots of irelia and some lee sin :3
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
Zukriuchen
<Member>
Zukriuchen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:02am | Report
Olaf doesn't get ap from any of his abilities, could it still be viable on him? Sure, it's only 30 AP, and considering the stats TF gives, it might be worth it, but I'd still like an opinion anyway.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:19am | Report
Zukriuchen wrote:

Olaf doesn't get ap from any of his abilities, could it still be viable on him? Sure, it's only 30 AP, and considering the stats TF gives, it might be worth it, but I'd still like an opinion anyway.

Personally I think Trinity is Olaf's best item, since it synergizes with blowing the **** out of squishies and running faster :P
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:26am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Personally I think Trinity is Olaf's best item, since it synergizes with blowing the **** out of squishies and running faster :P

How? He needs the slow to stick to people and he's supposed to be building HP. Warmogs/Atma's/FM is what he should be building. The Tri Force is just there as a luxury for him.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:48am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

How? He needs the slow to stick to people and he's supposed to be building HP. Warmogs/Atma's/FM is what he should be building. The Tri Force is just there as a luxury for him.

I would advise against saying things like should be in a game like this, as it promotes tunnel vision and often times results in ignorance of other effective methods of play.

Trinity Force is far and away Olaf's best item. Sometimes you must build the mallet, but it's always better if you have the gold to get the Trinity.

Trinity does have a slow as well, I might remind you. I know you're aware of that, and you're implying that you need it on every attack (And trust me I'm aware of the potency of that on Olaf) but you really shouldn't underestimate the power of blowing up the squishers even faster. With Trinity, Olaf can down someone even faster between his axe, auto attack, RS, auto attack, axe etc combo's.

And the move speed is clutch.

Olaf is a champion I have a lot of success with, and I understand the viability to Atmog's/Fon.

I build Trinity/Warmogg's/FoN, and sometimes I get Atma's, sometimes I get another FoN. It sounds ridiculous, but It's actually really strong. If I have a Zilean with me it's a wrap. Their carry dies for free.

It's because of the way Trinity synergizes with his burst damage that makes it such an effective pick. If you don't believe me I would just have to prove it to you in a game.
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:01pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I would advise against saying things like should be in a game like this, as it promotes tunnel vision and often times results in ignorance of other effective methods of play.

Trinity Force is far and away Olaf's best item. Sometimes you must build the mallet, but it's always better if you have the gold to get the Trinity.

Trinity does have a slow as well, I might remind you. I know you're aware of that, and you're implying that you need it on every attack (And trust me I'm aware of the potency of that on Olaf) but you really shouldn't underestimate the power of blowing up the squishers even faster. With Trinity, Olaf can down someone even faster between his axe, auto attack, RS, auto attack, axe etc combo's.

And the move speed is clutch.

Olaf is a champion I have a lot of success with, and I understand the viability to Atmog's/Fon.

I build Trinity/Warmogg's/FoN, and sometimes I get Atma's, sometimes I get another FoN. It sounds ridiculous, but It's actually really strong. If I have a Zilean with me it's a wrap. Their carry dies for free.

It's because of the way Trinity synergizes with his burst damage that makes it such an effective pick. If you don't believe me I would just have to prove it to you in a game.

Wow... Never tried trinity Olaf. Gotta do it sometime then :3
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:46pm | Report

Wow... Never tried trinity Olaf. Gotta do it sometime then :3

It freakin' owns.

It just makes him better at what he's so good at already which is blowing up squishies instantly :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide