Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Triforce vs. Frozen Mallet

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 25, 2011 7:52pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 10:02am | Report
Flubadoo wrote:

Imo, Trinity Force doesn't give enough DPS for what it's worth, and not enough utility to make up for the lack of damage either. This is WITH the damage proc calculated in on level 18 Xin (no steroids factored in) (once per 2 seconds).

And 250 hp isn't really called survivability.

I think if anything, this graph shows that trinity force is one of the best items to get on Xin.

It's 3rd highest DPS around ~70 armor, and the gap closes between higher DPS items and TF more as more armor is added. That's against TBC (3 stacks) and I-Edge too, which are two pure-dps items. TF also gives lots of utility (slow, extra speed, health & mana), so your graph actually shows TF gives good DPS while still giving lots of things xin needs (I personally buy it for the movement speed).
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Hamduden
<Member>
Hamduden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 10:05am | Report
Flubadoo wrote:

IMG

Imo, Trinity Force doesn't give enough DPS for what it's worth, and not enough utility to make up for the lack of damage either. This is WITH the damage proc calculated in on level 18 Xin (no steroids factored in) (once per 2 seconds).

And 250 hp isn't really called survivability.

I disagree with every aspect of this post. I don't think a graph or a calcualtion can be used to prove certain aspects in LoL. Practice > theory.

TF is, imo, probably one of the best items in the game. And for Xin it's core (imo): BC, Yomuu AND Trinity Force + Randuins/FoN(Banshees)/Mercs.

EDIT: Excatly, Trojan995 :)
Regards

Hamduden // Ezaculatte (EUW)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 12:52pm | Report
+REP for Nighthawk. Used your comment for my Final Yi guide to prove, that Trinity Force is better at Final Yi than Frozen Mallet.^^
He is gonna kill you!!!
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 1:23pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

I think if anything, this graph shows that trinity force is one of the best items to get on Xin.

It's 3rd highest DPS around ~70 armor, and the gap closes between higher DPS items and TF more as more armor is added. That's against TBC (3 stacks) and I-Edge too, which are two pure-dps items. TF also gives lots of utility (slow, extra speed, health & mana), so your graph actually shows TF gives good DPS while still giving lots of things xin needs (I personally buy it for the movement speed).

3rd highest DPS and extra utility, but for what?

You MUST realize, that this is the MAXIMUM possible DPS (procs every 2 seconds) and obviously that won't be achieved. To make a "realistic" graph on Xin Zhao, he'd probably proc once every 3-4 seconds (TTS cooldown with W) and that's only for 5 seconds, so in your total burst, you'd probably only get around 3-4 procs.

A Black Cleaver is essentially higher than triforce dps for around 1200 gold less.

Triforce gives you:
-250 hp
-slow chance
-movespeed

You can basically get a Black Cleaver and Phage to have higher DPS than the triforce and have the hp and slow chance. You'll be missing out on the movespeed, but you can easily make that up from the extra damage you get.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 1:44pm | Report
I find the movespeed so essential, though - it's incredibly hard to stick to the target otherwise.

There's not a whole lot of places to get good movespeed, and Trinity Force is the best place to get it imo.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:41pm | Report
However, I have been thinking about Triforce Olaf.

Spammable spells, reasonably high base damage, relies on movespeed and slow to get close to dat ashe.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:48pm | Report
You forget that you also get other AD items, you TriForce will proc even more the more AD you get, boosting your DPS significantly. ^^ The more AD, the more DPS boost on procs..

Edit: Forget what's written above. I was ****ing tired when writing xD
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 6:51pm | Report
Dotter wrote:

You forget that you also get other AD items, you TriForce will proc even more the more AD you get, boosting your DPS significantly. ^^ The more AD, the more DPS boost on procs..

Someone wake up early?

base ad bro :P

Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:44am | Report
The problem was that I hadn't slept ^^

I had been to work for 16 hours, so my brain just didn't function properly.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 1:53am | Report
Trinity is for champions who want those all around stats all in one item, allowing them to build however they want for the rest of the items. For example, most trinity tanks [Irelia, Jarvan] all want the sheen proc , slow, and movespeed buff, but if they wanted all of those in their upgraded items [Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, and Lich Bane] Then they'd have no space to buy the tanky items they need.

Frozen Mallet is more for those really squishy ranged AD champs imo. For example it might be a good choice on Sivir for a defensive item.

The only ranged AD carries I can think of that work with Trinity well so far are Vayne and Kog.

Idk, just personal thoughts.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide