Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Triforce vs. Frozen Mallet

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 25, 2011 7:52pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 2:26am | Report
Yeah, well I was drawn in by the perma-slow and the health that frozen offered.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 2:40am | Report
Ok, my Final Yi Atmog's build could profit from Trinity Force as good as from Frozen Mallet. But idk if 450 HP less make a difference. You should build BVeil then^^.

Well, the 250 HP of Trinity Force also help^^.

BTW: Quoted into my guide with some more codes^^.

Stats:

Trinity Force

HP: 3612
AD: 421
CRD: 2.6
CRC: 0.6
%AS: 165,06
ARP: 61
%ARP: 0

Frozen Mallet
HP: 4062
AD: 420
CRD: 2.6
CRC: 0.45
%AS: 135,06
ARP: 61
%ARP: 0

As you can see, Trinity Force deals more dmg, without calculated the proc. But is that worth it? You also die faster.
XnMiller
<Member>
XnMiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:13am | Report
I tried the TriForce on my tankyi. I was not impressed. So for when going with a straight tank CC item, FM is better. However, I have used Saintvicious Jungle Yi a lot more recently, and I would definitely prefer the TriForce on his build rather than the FM. This may boil down to personal play style however. I am more defensive and play tanky when possible.
Hamduden
<Member>
Hamduden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 2:10pm | Report
TF is good on so many champions. Totally my favourite item.

FM? nah. For Garen perhaps. But Garen is kind of lame i think, so I don't bother.
Regards

Hamduden // Ezaculatte (EUW)
Hamduden
<Member>
Hamduden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 2:14pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

As you can see, Trinity Force deals more dmg, without calculated the proc. But is that worth it? You also die faster.

Well. Perhaps you die a bit faster, but I don't see ANY reason NOT to build Trinity on Yi. Superior imo.
Regards

Hamduden // Ezaculatte (EUW)
holysapo
<Member>
holysapo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 9:46am | Report
i think trinity force has more uses. there is a build guide here and i agree with it i don't know where it went tho talking about trinity tanks. there off tanks or tanks using trinity force and there use of abililitys to max out damage wile being really tanky. i use trinity force on trundle when i play and it damage out put is just really good it shoots up look for the guide and you can see why trinity force is favored more
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 6:41pm | Report

Imo, Trinity Force doesn't give enough DPS for what it's worth, and not enough utility to make up for the lack of damage either. This is WITH the damage proc calculated in on level 18 Xin (no steroids factored in) (once per 2 seconds).

And 250 hp isn't really called survivability.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 6:57pm | Report
You get Triforce on carries/people who want damage or want some damage but mainly tank. You want FM on people who want tank and already have damage.

If you go Yi and you build Boots, IE, PD, BT, you build FM cause you have damage and want tank
If you go Yi and you build boots, Atma's, BV, IE, you build Triforce cause you already have tank and you want more damage.

on someone like Jarvan (who has the highest base armor in the game) with Wriggles, Mercs, Warmogs, Atma's, you get a triforce cause you have enough tankiness and now you need damage, not a FM, even if you do have atma's.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 5:34am | Report
You could also share Trinity Force with Phantom Dancer.

I bet Trinity Force wins, too^^.

BTW: Flubado, the graphs should have a start point at the flat armorpen/armorred.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 5:39am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

BTW: Flubado, the graphs should have a start point at the flat armorpen/armorred.

Yap.

Double click the "axis" to change your viewing area. Click the check box next to it once to make it look better (don't know the correct term for that look).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide