Fizz Build Guide by tryhardtyler
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
space Hi there, my name is Tyler, (in game name Tryhardtyler) and This is my second guide about the most fun jungler to me, Fizz
. Fizz is hardly played ad in general and jungle even less, but his clear time is fast, his jungle is easy, and his ganks are great. The follow guide will include: Jungle routes, tips and tricks, optional and situation items. This is how I PERSONALLY like to play fizz, that means situation building and personal preference will vary from person to person. Please remember to try the guide before you vote. With nothing left to say let's get started.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pro & Cons
+ // Fast clear time.
+ // Great ganks.
+ // Often underestimated.
+ // Tons of fun.
+ // Can be built a variety of ways.
+ // Has a strong initiation and cc
- // Lots of queue dodges "wtf ad fizz"
- // Mana hungry without blue
- // Ganks aren't terribly strong until 6
- // Tends to be focused
- // Being counter-jungled can hurt.
- // Teams will blame your for not picking a "real jungle".
I personally like to go with 21/9/0 on jungle Fizz. This set up will give you more potent ganks, and the ability to sustain yourself well in the jungle as well as give you a speedy clear time. These can be changed depending on your play style. In offense i grab summoners wrath for the buff after using ignite, and vampirism for 9% starting life steal with boots and three pots, the rest are self explanatory. In defense i grab extra gold from smite, and then the rest are to make you more durable against champions and jungle creeps both.
- Greater Quintessence of Life Steal: // I take Lifesteal quints on fizz, i find it helps your jungle alot seeing as you can start boots 3 pots and still have 9% life steal for tons of jungle sustain. Other viable quints are Move speed, Armorpen, and flat AD. If you don't have lifesteal quints don't sweat it, you can still jungle just fine i just find these the easiest and most comfortable.
- greater mark of desolation: // I take these marks because i only put on more in the armor pen masteries. Reds can be anything you want them to be really. Other viable options are AS marks, or AD marks.
- Greater Glyph of Attack Speed: // I take these blues with fizz because it applies your W more quickly, make your 9& lifesteal more beneficial since you're hitting faster, and 1 auto attack can be the difference between a kill or them escaping. Other blues you could use are MR per level, armor, or CDR blues.
- Greater Seal of Armor: // For yellows i take flat armor, in my opinion flat armor are the strongest yellows in the game. It makes the jungle creeps do a lot less, bruisers less scary and most fizz can E out of most mages burst so i find these the best yellows to take. The total cost of all the runes is 17220 IP.
- Nimble Fighter (Passive): // This passive is alot stronger than people think. Fizz can walk right through minions making ganks easier, and chasing and making escaping easier. I can't even count how many times i've been killed or lost out on a kill due to minion collision. The second part of his passive is what makes him such a good fighter in a 1v1. It pretty much speaks for itself and don't require much explaining.
- Urchin Strike (Q): // Buy this second and max it second. This is one of the abilities that makes ad fizz so strong. It applies on hit affects and also resets your auto attack timer. For example you can auto attack and use Q directly after for 2 attacks almost instantly. This will apply red buff, your W, Life steal, and any other on hit affects. It's also your gap closer. This an amazing ability for AD fizz.
- Seastone Trident (W): // Buy this first and max it first, it will increase your clear time and your likelyhood of finshing an enemy on ganks. Following my build, this is probably the strongest ability on AD fizz. For a gank you Trickster in, Urchin Strike onto them, throw shark and pop W. The reason this build is so strong for ganks is because of how much dot AD fizz has. You have the dot from executioners calling, red buff, ignite, and w. That is so much damage over time, it almost always gets a kill, even if they flash away with near half health.
- Playful / Trickster (E): // Buy this third and max it last. This is another amazing ability in Fizz's skill set. It makes you totally untargetable for the duration of it. This being said the amount of abilities you're able to dodge with it is near endless and would take forever to name. This ability is also a secondary gap closer, a slow, decent damage, and you can use it to jump walls to escape, chase, or cutoff enemies. It is one of the best utility spells in the entire game.
- Chum the waters (R): // Buy this whenever possible (6,12,16) This is what makes Fizz ganks so strong. It is an aoe knock up with a good amount of damage and it will stick to them. If you hit land your ultimate you will be able to burst them down before they hit the ground almost every single time. It can also be a good initiation and can be thrown over walls. You can also throw it on the ground to zone a champion out from the rest of their team. This is just another amazing ability in fizz' strong skillset.
: // Berserker's Greaves. I take these jungle fizz generally, the movement speed and attack speed make clearing the jungle ganking lanes, and securing baron and dragon easier. Against a cc heavy team go merc treads or if you're getting focused heavily by a fed AD go ninja tabi.
: // Executioner's Calling. My first item. This is probably one of the most under-rated items in the game. While most life steal items have had their life steal nerfed this remains untouched. It gives you a true damage DoT that synergies nicely with your red buff, W, and Ignite. It gives 18% life steal 15% crit and a 50% healing reduction for only 1350 gold. It is one of the strongest most cost effective early game items in my opinion. Highly recommend buying this.
: // Trinity Force. I love this item on fizz. It gives you a slow from phage which also makes you less squishy while giving you AD, The on next hit effect from sheen that synergies with your Q, the extra attack speed, crit, and movement speed. It is just an all around great item on fizz and i don't think it requires much explanation. Get this after madreds.
: // Madred's Bloodrazor. You get the early Madred's razors for helping with your jungle speed early, and helping secure dragon. By the time you've built triforce you're doing good damage but are lacking a little in attack speed. I find this a great time to finish bloodrazor. It will make you shred through tanks easier, gives you AD, AS, and the great passive. Plus you already have madreds razors finished. Get this item Third.
: // Infinity Edge. After You've finished Executioner's Calling, Trinity Force, and Madred's Bloodrazor i go for infinity edge. It gives you lots of AD, crit chance, and the 250% crit passive. By this time you will be a very scary, carrying machine. Once you get this you will feel insanely strong. Not much needs to be said about IE everyone knows what it's capable of.
: // Last Whisper. This is my second to last item, this late in the game i'm sure most of them will have a little bit to a lot of armor. It is too late in the game for black cleaver to really be effective, this is where Last whisper shines. With last whisper and madreds bloodrazors, no one will be able to stop your burst, no matter how tanky they are. This is in my opinion the only viable armor pen item this late into the game.
- : // The BloodThirster. My last item, my icing on the cake. By this time in the game executioners calling has fallen off, and it's time to trade it in for more life steal and more damage. That is where Bloodthirster comes in. Sell executioners calling, buy blood thirster, farm the stacks up, and then buy elixirs and you're fully built. This late in the game i doubt there's very many champions that can take you on. You have well over 400 AD, 29% life steal, 50 crit, and still be pretty tanky. This is my main build.
- Blue buff Have your mid leash you, pop your w and auto attack blue, smite it when it reaches 445 hp.
- Wolves After finishing blue move to wolves, pop your W let fizz auto attack once and as soon as he does Q the big wolf.
- Wraiths After finishing wolves go to wraiths, same thing here as you did with wolves pop w auto attack Q after your auto attack hits, easy.
- Red buff After wraiths move to red buff, remember to use health potions accordingly. Pop w, auto attack, Q, keep auto attacking. Smite it at 470hp.
- Wolves#2 Same as first time, clean up wolves again and head to wraiths
- Wraiths Clear wraiths for the second time, now you should hit level 4 and buy your E. You now have all your skills and it's time to gank. Find a lane to gank, if they are far away use your e as a gap closer and then dash to them. Pop your W before hand lay into them with your W DoT, ignite, and red buff. This should generally be enough to take someone down.
This is a video showing the basic jungle route and then a how to use your gap closers to gank.
: // Wriggle's Lantern. This can be a good option, however we already get our life steal from executioners calling and i'd rather turn my madred's into bloodrazors. Still could be an appealing option for some.
: // Nashor's Tooth. Being jungle, we will most likely always have blue. Blue buff already gives CDR, and Mana regen. We also get a fair share of attack speed from triforce/madreds bloodrazor. Making this item to me rather lack luster. More for hybrids and this is an AD build. Still you can work it into your build if you'd like.
: // Wit's End. I like wit's end, even though i think it should be mainly left to on hit builds and bruisers, i could see this being a viable item if they have a fed AP carry. I already get recurve bow from Madreds bloodrazor however which is why it's not in my main build, still a good option.
Assassin I'm going to explain how to team fight with fizz. Team fight breaks out, you throw shark. Try to hit as many people as possible or catch a squishy carry with it. Q in on a squishy carry auto attack them down then E out if needed If not e to mitigate damage but only e one time so you just go on your trident but don't jump anywhere fall back down and continue to burst down the squishiest/highest priority target. With this build you will have quite a bit of health and a lot of life steal there isn't too many champions and can brawl with you and come out on top.
Thank you all for reading my jungle fizz guide, i just wrote it tonight and i defiantly am going to add more, please try the guide before voting, Please leave any suggestions in the comments or feel free to message me on moba or on league, my in game name is Tryhardtyler (n/a)
Change log/ Updates
9/9/12: Added guide.
10/26/12: Up early today, probably going to add an AP section to the guide.