Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Nidalee with this build
|Ekko||Dont get hit from the slow of Q(Timewinder) other than that free harass.|
AD Nidalee is a very niche pick.
1. You have to understand her auto attack resets in order full understand her true potential and damage
2. Knowing what lane you can harass 100% safely and what lanes to be cautious during harassing
3. Squishy and Lack of CC -> High amount of Burst, Sustain, and Mobility
4. Very different play style from usual top laners
Hybrid pen - benefits a lot from her AAs (Main source of Harassment in lane) and her all in from her cougar mostly Cougar Q.
Attack Speed and AD - Smoother auto attack canceling and more dps for harassing.
Flat Armor and Mr - Your'e going to be going to do a lot of trading early so the base stats help with the early game. Also you have the added benefit of a heal so base tank stats increase the effectiveness of that heal.
Scaling CDR - Im not that much of a fan of CDR(Cool Down Reduction) on Nidalee considering she already has such low cool downs already. But late game the extra 5% CDR Plus the 30% from Tri(20%) and SV(10%) adds up to 35% which is 1.75 shaved off your pounce CD!..(It's just better than the minimal MR you would have had)
For starting laning phase
Dorans Blade - Better raw damage and stats early than corrupting potion. For when you feel you want to get an early kill * Buying another Dorans Blade increases your overall effectiveness in lane if you know you win the match up early
Corrupting Potion - Better sustain in lane and if you know you will be spamming that heal from the amount of trades you will be doing in lane
Triforce and why its great on AD Nidalee
Sheen active, health, AD, 20% CD, Attack Speed, Phage Passive, and Mana.
- Nidalee's low cooldown cougar form abilities make it easy to get off many sheen procs
Sheen or Phage first item choice in lane
- Sheen for when you feel you need the extra burst damage or mana
- Phage for having AA consistent harassment while being able to be more slippery
*Overall this item seems to fit the playstyle of AD Nidalee and her damage output(RIP AP on Sheen)
Spirit Visage and Sunfire Cape
Pretty Basic and core tank items for Nidalee for better survivability
- Sunfire great extra damage while on top of targets and added waveclear. Might want to swap for a Randuins Omen if there is a Yasuo or a fed adc
- Spirit Visage increases her overall sustain. Also it's a great Health and Magic Resist item.
*Core never really dont see
- Increases her ability to survive large amounts of burst
- More Base AD = More Damage on Sheen Active
- Almost a Core Item, sometimes other items such as Warmogs or Maw just beat it out of the item build
- If over 3000 Hp great sustain tool for weird trades of damage and coming back into a teamfight after killing a squishy
- Great combination with Spirit Visage and Sterak's Gage
- Great Attack Speed Magic Resist Item
- Increases AA Damage
- Reduces Enemy MR
- Great Item vs a Maokai
- Increases splitpush effectivness
*One of those items to have against a full AP team
Great item to get after your core items are built. But only really finds it self effective if you can land a double cougar Q proc from Guinsoo's rage.
- I recommend only building this if your team has a bruiser/tank in the jungle and a tank support
- Increases splitpush effectiveness
*Great item to have large amount of mixed damage if you feel you have to much AD on your team
*Buy if you have horrible decision making when going in ;)
BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS
Swifities - Only real use is when you feel like the only threat to your mobility are slows
Mercs - to keep you up on your feet and to not be cc chained to death
Tabis - Great against those pesky all AD teams and an automatic pick vs fed adcs or fed AD AA users
all other boots are pretty much irrelevant
Maxing E first vs Maxing Q to maximize Damage output
Maxing E increases how health in lane you will be after trades and wanting your Attack Speed Steroid to be useful in extended trades combined with Fevor of Battle.
Maxing Q first means you know you dominate the lane and are looking to fight 24/7. Only reason to do this is when you're pretty far ahead post level 3.
*I recommend maxing E first always because it is the safer route and will get you out of sticky situations more often that not.
Auto attack/Animation Canceling
Nidalee has 2 built in AA cancels, her Cougar Q and R. I wish W was given back its AA cancel for its pounce reset change :/. Anyway weave these into your all ins and trading to increase your damage output.
Another great animation cancel would be cougar Qing a dying minion while pouncing, this cancels out the animation for the Q.
One little neat trick you can practice in a custom game is Auto Attacking a dying minion and pouncing away which then gives you a w reset. Its pretty hard to get used to and doesn't have much practical uses.
Pros / Cons
High Execute Damage
Probably will get a lot of flame from teammates
Weak and almost useless when behind
More flaming from teammates
Harassing in Lane and how Traps could save your life
Nidalee is one of the best at abusing bush control. One great way of harassing the enemy champion is by auto attacking them from right outside a bush then going into the bush to lose vision of yourself and to drop creep aggro. You can continuously do this with ease from her passive ms while in bushes. IF your enemy laner starts getting the idea he can do the same just place those now semi useful traps in the bushes to get a free enhanced cougar pounce on him. This tactic is also great for catching junglers who like to gank from the bushes in top to catch you off guard. Traps are great for keeping you safe from many different gank paths so make sure you place them accordingly.
Overall AD Nidalee is one heck of a different playstyle you have to get used too. Remember your auto resets and animation cancels and abuse those bushes! Keep Hunting!
Thank you for your time - Last Flame