Akali Build Guide by bloodydivide
This Guide Has Expired!
WARNING: This guide has not been updated by the Author in a very long time. The information contained may no longer be valid. Depending on the guide and information contained you may prefer to find some more up to date guides on our browse guides page!
This is a guide that aims to improve your skills using Akali. A well played Akali can
wipe opponents in a short period of time and is very versatile when moving in and out of battle
Akali is a awesome champion, her versatility is unmatched she can move in and out of battle with her ultimate, Shadow Dance
and now I present to you my fellow gamers my Akali guide. I tried my best to make this. So take time to read and scan through
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Health
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: These will help you to reach your minimum limit for your passive, Twin Disciplines.
- Greater Seal of Ability Power: Helps out to activate her passive, Twin Disciplines
- Greater Glyph of Health: Gives additional health points, and covers her lack of HP in early game.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: All of here skill are AP based except Crescent Slash does both magic and physical damage, her passive, Twin Disciplines also deals tons of damage if you maxed out your Ability Power.
I want to give akali some fire power and durability. A 23/7/0, Gives you extra durability inside and outside of battle.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
- Sorcerer's Shoes: Magic Penetration boots? this boots will give an extra movement speed and gives good outcome on your burst damage.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter: Gives extra Survivability to Akali. Since Akali is not a health base champion.
- Hextech Gunblade: For AP/AD Hybrid champions, also gives here extra life steal and spell vamp which is good. You deal tons of damage using Mark of the Assassin and Shadow Dance with the active of Hextech Gunblade.
- Void Staff: Additional Magic Penetration. Makes Akali OP in mid or late games.
- Lich Bane: A good AP Hitter/Carry without a burst damage with their AP? in short these are the Trinity Force of AP Hitter/Carry.
- Rabadon's Deathcap: This is the most needed item for AP champions, just gives 140 AP and 30% AP boost.
SUB ITEMS FOR AKALI
- Liandry's Torment: Basically an anti tank item that can burn out hp up to 10%
- Guardian Angel: This will help you and your team to deal more damage and acing out the enemy team
- Twin Disciplines(Passive): Gives your basic attack an additional magic damage when your AP reaches a certain amount. Also gives extra spell vamp when you have bonus AD
- Mark of the Assassin(Q): This spammy skill is your key to harassing squishy opponents, its effect is activated when you land a basic attack
- Twilight Shroud(W): This spell is important in team fights which allows you move around, in and out of battle also gives 14/18/22/26/30% slow
- Crescent Slash(E): This is the main tool for farming using Akali does both Magical and Physical Damage
- Shadow Dance(R): The most important skill for Akali, this is her bread and butter, this skill allow her to pickup kills instantly
I want to max out Mark of the Assassin since this skill is her main damage dealer. Then Crescent Slash will activate the effect of Lich Bane and Sheen and finally Twilight Shroud = Escaping tool.
Pros / Cons
+ Extremely Over Powered
+ Great Versatility with Shadow Dance
+ Great in mid and late games
+ Can escape using Twilight Shroud
+ Hot and Sexy
- Easily countered with Oracle's Elixir
- Viable to CC
- Easily Ganked
- Takes time to master
- Ignite - Ignite is a summoner spell which I prefer, knowing my luck the majority of time my opponent escapes with barely any life left. Well Ignite solves that problem for me, dealing true damage over time it finishes off the opponent for me.
- Flash - Used to gain distance between enemies. Also useful when landing a basic attack with Mark of the Assassin
Alternate Summoner Spells
- Exhaust - Can be used to slow the enemy down for that needed area to be able to shadow dance onto the champion. Also decreases damage dealt to you and can be used to escape.
- Ghost - Allows you to gain movement speed to chase or escape from an enemy champion effectively. Able to run through those pesky minions that get in your way!
- Surge - After using this summoner skill a few times, I still believe it loses out to Ignite which deals true damage, early game Surge would do better, but late game, NO.
- Hit your enemy with Mark of the Assassin then wait for the cooldown before proceeding for an assault with Shadow Dance.
- You can activate the effect of your Mark of the Assassin with Flash in a minimal distance.
- Use Twilight Shroud often in TEAM FIGHTS. Wait for your opponents to focus your allies before commencing an attack.
Know Your Place in Team Fights/Zoning
Twilight Shroud tips
In between the Bush, top lane and bottom lane.Escaping Route in middle lane for an easy Flash out.Bush beside the blue golem buffsMiddle lane right side, beside the bush for an easy stake outBeside the bush of the Red lizard
Places for TEAM fights
Baron first priority in late gamesSometimes team fights happen in the west side of Middle laneOften opposing team push top lane you can easily pick out a kill here.Dragon TEAM fight
Be sure that you have Twilight Shroud cooldowned. Wareders often place their wards beside blue and red buff
I want to show some of my games using Akali. feel free to scan through47/11/7 not bad for 3v4, right? :)
18/16/14 not bad got the 2nd highest kill in the group =D
HOPE THIS GUIDE HELPED A LOT!
Akali - The Shadow Assassin
Akali: The Epitome Of An Assassin.
Akali AP pro
Dancing in the Shadows - S3 Akali In-Depth (with Video)