Miss Fortune Build Guide by Sariene
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Miss Fortune Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
WELCOME TO MY GUIDE!
Hello, and welcome to my first build guide on Mobafire! My name is Sariene, and have been playing League of Legends for quite some time now. I main bot lane, both as the carry and the support. Just wanted to help others learn the lane better, and help their team win! This guide will go into detail about Miss Fortune, her strengths and weaknesses, and how to play with those.
Please comment and rate so I can improve the guide over time!
Here we will talk about why Miss Fortune is a great AD Carry.
- Great early lane damage from AA- Double Up-AA combo
- Great movement speed from her passive Strut
- Decent kiting ability with her passive plus Make it Rain
- Passive and active from Impure Shots can stop insane lifesteal/heals on enemy teams
- Her ultimate Bullet Time can clean up a fight and get kills under tower
- No escape
- Range is not ideal
- Can be quite squishy
- Needs a good support to sustain the laning phase, plus to peel for you in team fights
- Bullet Time can be canceled by simply walking
- Needs heavy farm/feed to be a real monster late game
So essentially Miss Fortune is an excellent laning phase carry. Her kit makes being in bot lane a pain and her early game damage from her base and Double Up can easily make it a nightmare for the enemy carry bot. But, you need a support who can peel for you and keep you alive, plus a team comp that can benefit from Bullet Time. ( Jarvan IV and his ultimate Cataclysm work wonders when done right!)
Here I will explain why we need certain runes on Miss Fortune.
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
- Marks: greater mark of armor penetration is easy to understand. Cuts through armor early game for great damage.
- Seals: Greater Seal of Armor Flat armor. No explanation needed.
- Glyphs: Why Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist plus Greater Glyph of Magic Resist? Well it gives you good magic resist from you enemy support bot, plus scales into late game to be a little more resilient against the enemy AP carries.
- Quints: Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage Flat damage. No explanation needed.
Runes should be more geared towards early game presence then late game. But the scaling MR will help since you generally don't build anything defensively until late game.
Masteries are important for again, early game and laning phase. You will need damage from the Offensive tree plus some points in Defense to keep you alive. You need attack speed, crit chance, and armor pen, plus the base increase damage all work wonders for you, Miss Fortune, in the first 10-15 minutes of the game, and scale well into late game.
- Fury - +1/2/3/4% Attack speed. Great for early game farming and harass.
- Deadliness - +0.166/0.333/0.498/0.664 Attack Damage per lever (12 Attack Damage at level 18). Great scaling damage for the entire game.
- Weapon Expertise - 8% armor pen. Works well with your greater mark of armor penetration for early game damage.
- Havoc - increases damage by 2%. Most people don't like havoc, but when you're doing ATTACK DAMAGE, why not?
- Lethality - +2.5/5% critical strike damage. Seeing how you're going to be building a Phantom Dancer and eventually an Infinity Edge, increasing your damage on critical strike is excellent.
- Brute Force - +1.5/3 Attack damage.
- Frenzy - Grants 10% attack speed for 2 seconds after landing a critical hit. You start giving out more damage faster when you keep getting critical strikes!
- Sunder - +2/4/6 armor penetration. Cuts through early armor on champions, along with your greater mark of armor penetration and Weapon Expertise .
- Executioner - Increases damage dealt by 5% to targets below 50% health. This is your bread and butter of the Offensive tree. 5% damage is a lot, and if the champ is squishy, you will be able to dish out the dps for a kill.
- Summoner's Resolve - This gives your Barrier a bonus 20 to its shield. That can make it or break it when it comes to team fights and lane skirmishes.
- Durability - +6 health per level (+108 health at 18). This helps you be less squishy in lane phase and gives you steady health increase all game.
- Hardiness - +5 armor. Since most of your damage bot lane will by physical damage, you want the armor to try and mitigate the damage coming from the enemy carry.
- Veteran's Scars - +30 health. More health, longer time in lane to farm. Less chance of dieing.
This is another option I've seen. You still get your bonus from Summoner's Resolve , but gain movement speed and mana regeneration, plus cool down reduction on your summoner's spells. I recommend the 21-9-0 build as the safest choice.
Here I will explain further why you pick your skills in the certain order.
Maxing Double Up first is a must. Why? BECAUSE IT CAN GET THAT CRAZY KILL UNDER TOWER CAUSE IT'S AWESOME!!!!! *cough cough* Sorry. Let me explain further, along with her other abilities. Starting with her passive:
Strut: is Miss Fortune's passive. She gains an additional 25(+9 each second) after 5 seconds of not being hit by enemy champions, enemy minions, and neutral monsters, and maxes at +70 bonus movement speed. This helps in lane phase, chasing enemy champs or running away from bad team fights.
Double Up Q: Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5; Cost: 70/75/80/85/90; Range: 625. Active: Miss Fortune fires a shot at an enemy target, dealing 25/60/95/130/165 (+0.75 per attack damage) physical damage and 120% of that damage to another enemy target behind the first. Both hits apply on hit affects.
Double Up can hit two enemies, striking one then hitting a second behind the enemy, doing 120% damage to the second target than the first. This can work well as a harass tool. Target the enemy minion in front of the enemy carry, Q it, and voilà! You hit the enemy carry for lots of damage, and YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN RANGE. Plus you can get a kill UNDER TURRET by first hitting a minion or another champion, and the second strike will hit the low enemy champion. It takes some time to master this skill, but with practice it can be your best asset. It also applies her W passive, Impure Shots. Max this first.
Impure Shots W: Cooldown: 16; Cost: 50. Passive: Miss Fortune deals 6/8/10/12/14 (+5% ability power) magic damage to her target with each attack, cumulatively stacking up to 4 times on the same target if no more than 5 seconds pass between each hit.
Active: Miss Fortune's attack speed is increased by 30/35/40/45/50% for 6 seconds and causes her attacks to lower healing received and health regeneration by the target by 50% for 3 seconds.
This is your passive/active that makes healer supports (like Soraka, Taric, and Sona) rage. The passive does magic damage on her auto attacks, plus it stacks up to 4 times. Her active is an attack speed bonus, plus a healing received/health regeneration debuff by 50% for 3 seconds. That is a glorious thing if they have and early Vampiric Scepter and try to attack you, activate this and all their life steal won't do jack squat against your damage. Max this second.
Make It Rain E: Cooldown: 15; Cost: 80; Range: 800. Active: Miss Fortune fires hundreds of bullets into the air which rain down at a location after 0.5 seconds, dealing 90/145/195/255/310 (+80% ability power) magic damage every .25 seconds and slowing enemies hit by 20/28/36/44/52% for 1 second.
This is her only source of kiting. Granted, it's not the best, but it can work. It gives a slow plus you can use it to face check bushes/dragon. Max this last.
Bullet Time R: Cooldown: 120/110/100; Cost: 100; Range: 1400. Active: Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her every .25 seconds for a 2 second duration, dealing 65/95/125 (+20% ability power)(+0.35 per bonus attack damage) physical damage per bullet. She fires 8 waves in total and each wave will deal physical damage to all enemies caught in the area.
This is Miss Fortune's ultimate. It can be used as aoe damage in team fights, getting kills under tower, and even, if you're that far ahead, can hyper push and farm minion waves. Her ultimate also gives The Black Cleaver stacks, so it's nasty when your team dives and you rip through their armor from the back lines. Pick this at level 6, 11, and 16.
Summoners are important, and it helps to understand what they do for you and how to use them properly.
Barrier is your go to summoner's spell. Why? IT'S A SHIELD. That's why. You can bait the enemy carry to try and 1v1 you, pop it, and you're alive, but they are dead. It scales as you level, so the higher level you are, the bigger the shield.
Flash on Miss Fortune is your only source of escape. It can get you a kill too if the enemy is far away. Just use it wisely and don't fail flash either. It sucks.
Cleanse is your option/replacement for Barrier. I recommend it when the enemy team has heavy CC, like Leona or Jax, bruisers and tanks who will try to dive in and kill you.
Take this if you don't have a healer support, or you want to try and heal bait a first kill.
Not really viable, but can be great for escaping.
Again, not really seen on many AD Carries anymore. Defense and escape are more viable than this.
PLEASE DON'T TAKE THESE
This is where we discuss what you buy, in what order, and why.
Your first buy
- Option 1 - Long Sword+ Health Potionx2. This is the ideal buy for AD carry. Early damage plus sustain. You can build the Long Sword into a Vampiric Scepter .
- Option 2 - Boots of Speed+ Health Potionx3. You shouldn't really need this, because your passive Strut gives you movement speed. The three Health Potion's are nice, though.
- Option 3 - Doran's Blade Grab this only if you think you need the health and 5 health per hit life steal in your lane, plus the +10 attack damage.
You should also keep in mind your support, if it's a tank like Leona or a healer like Sona. You will want to grab, for instance, a Long Sword plus two Health Potion buy if you have a healer who can keep you in your lane longer with their sustain. If you have a non-heal support, grabbing option 2 or 3 might give you a greater ease in your lane.
First Trip Back
On your fist buy back, this is what you should keep in mind. Given that you should be farming and getting kills, you want to buy these things per your situation:
- BF Sword should be your goal to be your first item. This builds into your core item The Bloodthirster and gives you massive amounts of damage. If you can't afford this, buy:
- Vampiric Scepter should be your second item. It now gives you attack damage and life steal, giving you better lane sustain. Then you can build that into a The Bloodthirster, once you acquire the gold. When you get your vamp scepter, you should buy:
- Boots of Speed get your socks after your B. F. Sword/ Vampiric Scepter, or before if you feel you need to buy them.
If (for some reason) you cannot afford a B. F. Sword or you are really behind in your lane, grab these following items:
- Bilgewater Cutlass is a situational item that builds into Blade of the Ruined King. Only get this if your lack gold or you see beefy enemy champions like Dr. Mundo and Blade of the Ruined King will work nicely against them.
- Doran's Blade is useful if you fall behind, are ganked a lot, or you need better sustain. It gives you small amount of health, damage, and life per hit, which can bring you back into the game if you fall off.
Your Final Build
These are the items any carry, especially Miss Fortune, should buy. The order of which you build these is based upon your game. No build order will be the same each game, and if it is, either you're stupid or incredibly lucky.
Berserker's Greaves are a must for any AD Carry. Attack speed and movement speed.
The Bloodthirster your source of life steal. This will keep you alive bot lane when full and prevents you from backing all the time when you can just farm.
Phantom Dancer gives you attack speed, movement speed, critical strikes, and you ignore unit collision. This is a beauty.
Infinity Edge damage, damage, and more damage.
The Black Cleaver gives you armor penetration, health, and its passive stack is applied when Miss Fortune uses Bullet Time.
- Mercurial Scimitar gives you a Cleanse from Quicksilver Sash, magic resist, and more damage.
These items should only be bought for the following reasons. There should be no need for them normally, but their benefits do come around time and time again.
- Guardian Angel Get this if you are constantly being dived/focused. Or get it for kicks and giggles, or the bonus magic resist and armor. If you feel super squishy if the first two do not apply, then build it as a safety net. BUT DO NOT RUSH THIS ITEM.
- Last Whisper Gives you flat armor penetration for a cheaper price than The Black Cleaver. Get this if your are falling behind hard, but your ideal choice will always be The Black Cleaver.
- Statikk Shiv gives you almost the same bonus as Phantom Dancer, with a unique passive, but just isn't as great as ignoring unit collision.
- Blade of the Ruined King this is nice for when you have really beefy champions on the enemy team. Switch this out with your The Bloodthirster if it works better for you.
- Banshee's Veil gives you health, mana, and magic resist. Personally, I would grab Guardian Angel over this any day, but I feel this should be mentioned.
- Frozen Mallet gives you an on hit slow similar to red buff AND health. This is good to keep you alive and to make sure your enemies can never run away from you.
Just because you're the carry, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy this: sight ward. Why? Because the more you buy across the board as a team, instead of your jungle and support only buying wards, you can help give more vision across the map and help your team know when to dragon/baron/split push a lane. Always buy one sight ward if you have the spare 75 gold.
|Here is where you can make it or break it for your team. You may have a incredible lane phase, but if you cannot provide damage for team fights, things can go in the enemy teams favor. For team fights, you need to position yourself for your Bullet Time, so it can cover the entire enemy team. Double Up and Impure Shots should be used to finish of enemy champions, and not used in the team fight. Make it Rain can be used to kite enemy bruisers or catch that runaway carry.|
That's it! Pretty much anything you need to know and understand on how to build your Miss Fortune. Please comment and rate, and any suggestions will be noted!
Updates and Thanks
SPECIAL THANKS: Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
- April 17, 2013: finished the guide (I apologize for publishing it unfinished). Also added more information to her skills and added her passive.