Zyra Build Guide by Sneeuwuiltje
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Mid game items
Not Updated For Current Season
|Hi and welcome to my first guide on Mobafire.
I am quite new to this game (started in october) and I play on EUW server with the account "Sneeuwuiltje". When I played with Zyra for the first time, I liked her ability set immediately.
I considered that Zyra would be a viable jungler because of her AoE damage, decent cc for ganks and plants to tank neutral minions. I tried to find a jungle guide for Zyra on Mobafire but the only guide I found was outdated. So I decided to test it out myself and eventually make a build for jungle Zyra.
I have to point out that this guide isn't intended to be used in ranked games, but more for normal games or even bot games, because most jungle champions like Lee Sin are just better junglers.
I am still working on the other chapters, they will be published soon so please don't downvote because my guide is incomplete.
SPECIAL THANKS: Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Massive AoE damage
+ Decent cc for ganks with stun, slow, knock-up
+ Not really mana dependant after 2 blue buffs
+ Plants tank most of damage from jungle
+ Fast clear time mid + late game
She isn't tanky but her plants can tank most damage from neutral minions, this makes her quite sustaining in the jungle.
- Squishy jungler
- Has to cooperate well to do a succesful gank
- Can be focussed
- Slow early clear times
- Needs good cs/kills to function well late game
Only pick Zyra when you have at least 1 tank in your team, for example:
When you have Malphite as top and Leona as support, you can pick Zyra.
When you have Teemo as top and Sona as support, you shouldn't pick Zyra.
Another option to pick Zyra is when you don't have an AP carry, for example:
When Lee Sin or Zed is mid, you can pick Zyra.
|For hitting those tanks harder|
|More sustain in jungle|
|Keeping that blue buff longer|
The reason why I don't go for a full AP/ tank mastery build is simple: Normally you already have an AD carry and a tank, you wan't to be a hybrid of both: dealing high AP damage while being able to sustain in the jungle/ teamfights.
Some boosts in characteristic stats for Zyra. You can choose to take Quintessence of Movement Speed for the lack of movement speed on Zyra. Not much else to say.
Flash: Zyra has no in-build escapes so it is necessary to take this spell. It could and will save your life!
Smite: Every jungler should take this, so do you.
- Rise of the thorns: Upon death, Zyra returns to her plant form. After 2 seconds, she can press any ability to fire a Vengeful Thorn towards her cursor, dealing 81 + (19 × current level) true damage to each enemy it strikes.
This passive is quite useful after you die in a teamfight. After 2 seconds you can fire a thorn which deals 423 true damage to everyone it passes through at level 18. You have 8 seconds to shoot, so take your time if noone is near by. Try to make the most out of it by hitting as much champions/creeps as possible!
- Deadly bloom Deadly bloom (Q): Zyra grows a bud at target location. After a brief delay it explodes, launching damaging thorns at all nearby enemies dealing 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+60% of ability power) magic damage to enemies within the area. If cast on a seed, Deadly Bloom grows a Thorn Spitter plant, which fires at enemies from afar dealing magic damage. Lasts 10 seconds.
This is your main burst damage in the jungle or fights. Max this first for more damage, and if you have blue you can spam this spell.
When you get aggro from neutral minions, try to stand in middle of the camp. If you do this, you can hit all the minions with 1 bloom. If you don't, the boss will come in melee range and you can't hit them all. Another tip: When you have vision of an enemy camp, you can use this to steal the buff.
- Rampant growth (W): (Passive): Grants 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20% Cooldown reduction.
(Active): Zyra plants a seed, granting vision of an area for up to 30 seconds. Other spells cast on seeds will turn them into plants who fight for Zyra. They do 26 + (6 x level) (+20% of ability power) damage. Each plant attacking the same target does 50% reduced damage.
Zyra stores a seed every 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 / 13 seconds and can hold up to a maximum of 2. Zyra can plant a maximum of 4 at a time.
This ability will make your jungle clear times very fast, and are essential for ganks/ teamfights.
Always keep 1 seed for emergencies. On the other hand, if you have 2 seeds and you won't use it in the next 10 seconds, place it somewhere to be used as a 30 seconds ward. When you want to grow a plant in ganks or teamfight, try to use this ability in the right spot after you placed Deadly bloom or Grasping Roots, this will make it harder for enemies to dodge.
- Grasping roots (E): Zyra sends forth vines through the ground to ensnare her target, dealing 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+50% of ability power) magic damage and rooting enemies they come across. If cast on a seed, Grasping Roots grows a Vine Lasher, whose short range attacks reduce enemy Movement Speed.
This skill is essential for ganks. Miss this ability and your gank will probably fail. Try to predict the path of the enemy, or get your teammates to stun them to make it easier for you.
- Stranglethorns (R): Zyra summons a twisted thicket at a target location, dealing 180 / 265 / 350 (+75% of ability power) magic damage to enemies as it expands and knocking them airborne as it contracts. Plants in the area are enraged, increasing their Attack Speed by 50 %.
You should only use your ultimate when your gank is failing, or in teamfights (if you can atleast hit 3 champions). Your plants should be in the region of your ultimate for more attack speed.
Try to first stun your enemies with Grasping Roots so it's harder for your enemies to avoid the knock-up.
Ability Sequence Order
|We want to max out deadly bloom first because it's our main AoE damage and it gets more spammable. Then we max out Grasping Roots for more damage. Take a point in Rampant Growth at level 2 but max it last. You need it at level 2 for clearing minion camps, but you will only need the cooldown reduction at late game. Always put a point in Stranglethorns when you can (6/11/16). If you're not planning to do a gank at lvl 3 you could consider to put a 2d point to deadly bloom first for more damage.|