Devourer On-hit effects
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Nocturne with this build
|Amumu||Amumu has lots of AOE damage with his W but can do nothing when an assassin like nocturne arrives.|
Nocturne is a very good assassin that scales into late very well. On the down side he does require a lot of farming early on, but that does not mean he cannot keep the pressure on lanes. His speciality is shutting down carries, so when someone on the enemy team is doing well, you can force a 1v1 with your ultimate and easily kill them. He does very well against more passive junglers as he can do what he pleases and snowball into late. Other junglers such as Shaco or Jarvan IV may pose a serious threat early on, although if you get past them, they will be no match for you late.
Umbra Blades' cooldown is reduced by every basic attack so for early sustain attack speed marks are very good. On top of that you want to be dealing as many attacks as possible since you will get double the on hit effects like Blade of the Ruined King or Ravenous Hydra each AA. I like to take armour seals instead of health they are better in the early game, but choose your pick. Finally scaling cdr glyphs are great to spam your Q and have ult up quicker. Attack damage quints give a good boost although movement speed are also viable.
This Smite goes very well on nocturne has he can get some hits on the enemy early on. Moreover the vision you get is excellent in chases giving no chance of escape for your prey. Once you get your ultimate you won't need the CC and because of your attack speed this smite will deal more damage overall.
Nocturne farms a lot in the jungle so get this early so as to get as many stacks on it as possible. This enchantment for your smite is like the feral flare and will grant you magic damage per hit. It really works on nocturne since we are scaling is attack speed. Also the item itself will boost your attack speed. This will also massively boost your late. This is simply a must as you will be able to shred through your opponents health with the double on hit effect passive that synergises incredibly well with Blade of the Ruined King.
Gives nocturne huge sticking power onto enemy champions
Blade of the Ruined King
This item is a great item on any duelist. It gives Nocturne AS that benefits from his passive, Life steal for extra sustain in the jungle and in duels, Tank busting passive that deals percentage health and an active that completely destroys your opponent leaving him ready to kill. If you add the debuff from the skirmisher's blade you will win almost every duel. On top of that the attack speed and AD help you take down towers very quickly adding to your split push potential.
Hydra gives Nocturne's basic attack AOE damage which is great for clearing. It also give you some lifesteal for sustain so we do not need to go back to base after every team fight.
The Black Cleaver
This item is great with nocturne. After patch 5.8 in now gives 20% cdr and the phage passive. On top of that it's armour shred is really good and helps get through tanks. With the nerfs to last whisper this is really your only choice against stacked armour.
Blade of the Ruined King
%health excellent against tanks + life steal to survive team fights and duels
The Black Cleaver
Armor shred now a lot quicker to get the 5 stacks
Still testing if the new AP ratio on his passive is worth getting the item. Looks promissing.
Pros / Cons
+ Great Ganks post 6
+ Good late game
+ Big clear speed
+ One of the best duelist of the game
- Needs to farm a lot
- Not much early pressure
- Gold dependant to deal damage
- Very ulti dependent
(Passive) Umbra Blades
- Umbra blades gives you some sustain plus AOE damage. It is great early game in the jungle. Also every basic attack takes 1s of the cooldown so build attack speed.
- Duskbringer is your main ability. It grants you increased movement speed and attack damage which is great for initiation. It also also you to get away from tricky situations. You should max it out first
(W) Shroud of Darkness
- Shroud of Darkness passively increases your attack speed which is great for early game. Also when activated it grants a spell shield that blocks the next ability. Even so you should max it out last.
(E) Unspeakable Horror
- Unspeakable Horror is basically a fear, but on top of that you will travel incredibly quickly to feared champions making it a great gap closer. You should cast it after landing your Q. You need to be careful because it is not instant and the enemy can break free. You should max it out second.
- This is the ultimate ganking ability. Nocturne can launch himself at an enemy champion and close a massive gap. It also take away all vision to enemies. You should put a point in it whenever you can. Use this ability to get past the front line and shut down the carry in team fights.
How to play nocturne
- Farm up in the early but still keep some pressure on the lanes
- Shut down carries with your ultimate and keep pressure on all lanes
- Group and push one lane. You are tanky enough to be a frontliner.
AD assassin fun build
Previously I said that this build was just fun and not very competitive. However after seeing it in the LCK I believe that if you go 1 or 2 tanky items and full AD this build is great for carrying games. Mid game you can punish carries because they have no way of countering your ganks since you can ult in from a huge distance. It does drop off a little late game, but the split push potential, even without devourer is still there and closing out games when ahead is not difficult at all. In the future I will right an in-depth guide on how this build works.
In higher elos I do recomend this build because games tend to be shorter and you might not have time to stack the devourer. However in lower elos devourer helps you maintain your power throughout the game.