Team Guide by Read
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
These two brothers are actually a great combo. However, when using them you have to act appropriately. They both have their ebb and flow. Ren should be constantly harassing and Nasus should be farming his Siphoning Strike. As any good player should, you only last hit minions. These two become extremely strong late game. Teamwork is vital to these two. That shouldn't be hard being brothers and all.
Pros / Cons
- Awesome AOE Damage
- Very durable
- Good sustained damage
- Great CC for melee physicals
- Amazing Chasers
- Both melee physical
- Need an AP third preferrably ranged
- Nukes can be very damaging
- CC can be very dangerous
AA = Auto-attack [Basic Attacks]
CC = Crowd Control [Stun, fear, slow, snare, etc]
FB = First Blood
AP = Ability Power
AD = Attack Damage
MD = Magic Damage
AS = Attack Speed
MS = Movement Speed
MR = Magic Resistance
ArP = Armor Penetration
MrP = Magic Penetration
LS = Life Steal
SV = Spell Vamp
DPS = Strong Auto-attacker
MDPS = Strong spells; casters
CDR = Cooldown Reduction
OOM = Out of Mana
MP = Mana
HP = Health
MP Regen = Mana Regeneration per 5 seconds
HP Regen = Health Regeneration per 5 seconds
AOE = Area of Effect
IMO = In my opinion
OP = Overpowered
UP = Underpowered
Greater Mark of Desolation x 9
- One of the best Marks in the game
- Gives some armor pen because they have none otherwise
- Good damage boost early game
Greater Seal of Evasion x 9
- Great for survivability
- Good at every stage of the game
Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction x 9
- Allows spamming of abilities
- Allows for more staying power because they work off LS
Greater Quintessence of Health x 9
- 25% boost to health start game
- Decent boost throughout
- IMO much more useful than the per/level HP Quints
- Straight Defense with some Offense tree and utility tree items
- I like Archaic Knowledge because it helps his early spirit fire harass but I think improved ghost is a better choice
- You also pick up the Exhaust buff to help down enemies a little easier
- Standard Defense Tree setup
- Ghost for escaping and chasing
- Standard Offense tree setup focusing on the physical side
- Grab some quick MR and AR from the Defense Tree
- Finally, Grab the Ghost buff to help in escaping and chasing.
- Tower Destroyer
- Tanky DPS
I never build Nasus tank from the start. Hear me out. I usually grab a Sapphire Crystal to start. It will keep you from an early OOM and will help you rush Sheen. After that, work on your boots. If they have an good CC or even a few decent ones, grab Mercury's Treads. If they are very physical though go Ninja Tabi.
After boots, I finish my Trinity Force. Get Phage next, and you will still be a little tanky. After TF, I like to go Force of Nature. It shuts down the nukes and allows a little better chasing. You also get great HP Regen so you can lane longer. If they are very physical skip the Force of nature and go Sunfire Cape first. Follow that up with thornmail if they are all physical or AS.
Go for Warmog's next. This is a great item for fighting AD and AP because HP is like having AR and MR. Finally, grab your Hextech Gunblade. This will proc off all of your techniques including your ult!!! This will also make you and amazing chaser. Triple chain slow Wither, Exhaust, and Hextech Gunblade's Active. No one should escape at this point.
If you feel you need more DPS sell one of your items and grab a Phantom Dancer. This will greatly improve your critting with Siphoning Strike. It will also make you a better chaser with the movement speed boost.
Renekton is a hard to play champ. You have to understand how he flows. Renekton's strongest point is that he can maneuver a battle extremely well. The trick is to never over extend. A popular harass is to dash in stun cull and dash out. When paired with Nasus this is almost a guaranteed kill if they are extended further than mid. However, Renekton needs items.
Start off with Boots of Speed and a few health potion. Rush Ionian Boots of Lucidity for some CDR. At this point your CDs should start becoming reasonable. Next start build Sinfire Cape. This will help you farm and jungle early on. Let Nasus solo for a while and try to gain some levels. Nasus also can farm his Siphoning Strike without you stealing all of his last hits. Next up is a Phantom Dancer for more chasing, more crits, and to bring some AS. Now focus on defense. Force of Nature will greatly improve your mobility while greatly reducing the effectiveness of nukes. At this point you should be very fast and can catch anyone in game. The faster you are the more often you put hits on the enemy team.
***Mobility is one of the most important factors deciding teamfight. Mobility allows better positioning and better recovery during a gank. This is what makes a character like Sona a viable support to begin with.***
Build a B.F. Sword and build into The Bloodthirster soon after. You should be doing nice damage now.
If you are not needed as an offtank, grab Infinity Edge to start carrying the team. If they need some tankiness you will have to sacrifice your big hits for something more defensive. Randuin's Omen is probably the best fit for making you a quick offtank as well as giving you a CDR boost. Guardian Angel fits an offtank quite nicely as well.
1. Renekton should try to stun the enemy inside Nasus' Spirit Fire.
2. Harass with Slice and Dice. If the enemy chases attack and beat them down.
3. Ping before you initiate
4. Wither is an amazing chase skill. Try to chain stun with it and Exhaust and it is a guaranteed kill.
5. Always try to ult at the same time. Hits for awesome AOE damage.
6. Nasus can tank towers fairly quickly if he has farmed his Siphoning Strike well
7. Try to always stun nukes. You will usually kill them before they can come back
8. Be wary of Renekton. If an enemy gets to close to a tower, he should dash and stun. make sure to go with him and help get the quick kill.
9. Nasus should focus one person. He need the constant lifesteal to keep him healthy. Renekton should dash around keeping squishys from being effective.
10. Your greatest assets with this build will be speed and CC. Use it to jungle everything and to keep map mobility. You do not want to be the one feeling trapped in base.
The best team comp with these guys would be:
- Awesome Ult
- AOE Slow
- Great Solo Laner
- Awesome Initiator
- Great Chaser
- Amazing Kiter
- Awesome CC
- Low cooldown stun
- AOE Stun
- Best initiator ever
- Good Damage
- Can be very fast
- Good CC
- Awesome AOE Stun
- Can combo a squishy or nuke in 1-2 seconds
- Can tank towers with tibbers
- Complement the AOE damage very well
- Great skill set with CC and trapping skills
- Built in Guardian Angel help immensely in team fights
- Awesome CC Range
- Good protection
- Can reset a losing team fight
- Can really boost damage output
Basically any AP Tank that has CC/Range or any nukish character with CC.
5v5s depend on too many variables to say. it would depend on the other team picks, bans, etc.
You should lane together. Neither one of you are great solo laners. Only last hit minions for a while. Once you hit level 4-8, you can change your strategy. If they have CC and a good chase, then continue last hitting. If they don't, one of you should constanly duck out and jungle for a a few minutes. This will give you level advantage and should give Nasus easy farming for his Siphoning Strike. Once you hit level 11 you both have your ults starting to hit hard. push them all the way back to their tower and jungle every thing on your side.
Once you start ganking or being ganked you will need to be carful. Either of you are great gankers. Nasus should Wither and Spirit Fire. Renekton should Slice and Dice and then pop Ruthless Predator. In team fights hold your ults. You should wait until you get a good CC Rush them and pop ults both of you should focus squishies.
Wither their carry and Renekton should dash in and assassinate him. They will all focus him. Drop Spirit Fire then ping the targets and anihilate them. Focus the nuke and carries and keep up the stuns and slow/ Exhaust. Renekton should be dancing in and out of the fight. If someone follows him, good. Very few people will be able to catch him without CC and that renders that enemy useless.
Ganking using an enemy facecheck is awesome. Open with a stun when that is about to finish them slow them. They should be done now and its 2v3 or 4v5 which is good for you. Towers will go down very fast with a farmed Siphoning Strike.
- Farm Siphoning Strike constantly its your only real damage ouput
- Don't overuse Spirit Fire in the beginning. You go OOM quickly
- Wither AS carries the most
- Cosntantly incapacitate the carrys especially lifestealers. They will go down fast
- Always try to hit something with Slice so you can use Dice
- Hit as many minion as possible with Cull the Meek to make sure you heal for the maximum amount when furious.
- When winning a teamfight try to position behind the enemy so they can't run. If things get dangerous, dash out.
- If you die build your The Bloodthirster stacks back up. It helps
- Save your ult for when it matters. Clutch ults can swing battles often
Be very careful when playing ranked with these two. They are mid to late game champs. You have to be extremely caughtious in the beginning of the game. If you can manage to not feed and to farm well, the bushes will become very dangerous.
During team fights, watch for Renektons targets. Try to focus them and take them out quickly while he is in and help him escape. So many times people will weaken Renekton and wade through a battle just to last hit him. Nasus should Wither and beat the frick out of him long before he even gets close.
Your ults are amazing. You can use them to initiate, use them to save your life from DOTs or AOE slaughter a fleeing team that can't outrun either of you.
In any case you need to focus on working together to outmaneuver your opponents and cause them to make stupid decisions on positioning. Between a massive slow and a decent stun one step out of place will be their last
The most important thing is to have fun. Do not be a play hard. If you lose deal with it and get better. If you win, great. Nasus and Renekton aren't easy champs to play, especially early game. Live, learn, and have fun being giant, armed, animal warriors inspired by Egyptian gods that can grow to massive sizes while killing people with their presence.