Shyvana Build Guide by phate83
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi everyone, I am phate6983 on LoL and this is my Shyvana guide. I've spent a lot of time trying to make this guide as good as I possibly could. Please leave feedback to help me make this even better.
Shyvana is a very fun champion to play and one of the best duelists in the game. Please test this build before down voting, it is not a traditional Shyvana build, but works very well to carry from the jungle. Enjoy and please tell me what you think!
Pros / Cons
+Very fast jungler
+Lots of AOE in dragon form
+High mobility with Burnout
+Naturally tanky with Dragon's Descent
-No CC without Exhaust or
-Hard to learn how to play well.
-Easy to kite.
-Focused in team fights with this build.
Hardiness More armor makes for a tankier Shyvana.
Tough Skin Bladed Armor Indomitable Veteran's Scars All of these are to make early jungling easier.
Durability Helps out late game to get more HP.
Initiator More speed!
Enlightenment More CDR!
Juggernaut More health and less CC on you!
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Attack speed, damage, armor, and MR. The basic runes, nothing special here.
Smite You're jungling, so you take smite. Lots of junglers don't need it to jungle, but you do need it for
control plus of course buffs.
Exhaust You have no CC you need to take this for the slow and better ganks.
Flash Can be used if you are new to Shyvana otherwise don't use it, Dragon's Descent is a built in flash.
Teleport Good to gank with, but the CD is a bit high so it can't be used too often.
Ghost Isn't good with Shyvana because Burnout is like a built-in Ghost
Put simply other spells can be used with Shyvana but shouldn't because it takes away the only early CC you will have.
Ability sequence and explanation
Fury of the Dragonborn Three of Shyvana's abilities match-up perfectly with AS which is part of the reason I built this guide.
Twin Bite This is the reason you want to build AS with magic damage on Shyvana if you have Wit's End and Madred's Bloodrazor together you will deal a TON of damage.
Burnout Heavy damage early game, built in Ghost always have this running when attacking.
Flame Breath Good for checking bushes instead of face checking and for hitting run away champions before they escape. Also drops armor 15% and attacks deal extra damage for the 4 second duration.
Dragon's Descent Coolest Ult in the damn game! You become a freaking dragon, and can use this to jump over walls to catch someone or to escape. Also your MR and armor bonuses double in dragon form. If you have a Lulu on your team, you've gotta get her use Wild Growth to make you big while in dragon form, then you're a freaking HUGE dragon.
Boots of Speed I always start with this, it makes it super easy to get your team first blood whether it goes to you or the other person in lane.
Cloth Armor I've seen this used on Shyvana before, I choose not to because it makes it a lot harder to get first blood due to the lack of speed and it's not needed to clear the jungle on the first run.
Mercury's Treads The most common choice of boots for Shyvana , Berserker's Greaves can be used as well, but only if the other team doesn't have a lot of CC.
Executioner's Calling Probably going to be the most controversial item in this build, so I will spend a bit of time explaining why this is here instead of Wriggle's Lantern.
- The Executioner's Calling gives more life steal than Wriggle's Lantern.
- It deals 4 damage per second for 8 seconds on each hit, that's 32 damage per hit, almost as much as Wit's End gives.
- The active is amazing for dropping the annoying Volibear with tons of health regeneration, and only has a 20 second CD.
Phage The extra health and slow chance is great for survivability and securing kills early.
Wit's End After you get this your damage will increase drastically which is why we build it before finishing the Frozen Mallet. It also gives you more MR every time you attack (4 stacks max) which is very nice.
Frozen Mallet Once you finish the Wit's End you want to build this to ensure nobody ever gets away from you. After this is finished all of the red buffs need to go to your ADC, you won't need them anymore.
Madred's Bloodrazor Sometimes i will switch the order of this and Wit's End, but only if I am fed early and the other team has a lot of HP, otherwise you need to build this last out of the three because of the extremely high cost.
Ionic Spark I build this most often, the passive is amazing in team fights and will help you rip apart their team very fast and end the game.
Force of Nature This is great if they have a lot of magic damage on their team especially if you're being heavily focused in team fights.
The Bloodthirster Typically I will sell the Executioner's Calling to purchase this at the end of the game if it's been a long game.
Jungle path & counter-jungling
My art sucks, so please don't make fun of my arrows :P
Above is the normal route I take.
- Start wraiths, auto attack the big one and activate Burnout right away don't use Smite or a Health Potion, when the big one is almost dead hit the small ones one time each, if done right with a little assistance all of the wraiths will die at the same time.
- Go to red buff, wait for your leash and start attacking the lizard, use a Health Potion when he turns to attack you and Smite when he's low enough.
- Go to top lane or bottom lane whichever is closer depending on which side you are on and gank while you have the level advantage over everyone. Best case scenario your team gets first blood. Worst case scenario they get away alive, but burn their Flash. Make sure you ping and type so your team knows to expect the early gank.
- After ganking that lane either gank mid lane or go take the golems down and then clear the rest of the jungle.
- Go back and buy, you may have a decision on what to buy depending on how much gold you have at the time, if you plan on going to counter jungle now, you need to upgrade your boots to have the extra speed to escape if needed.
- Gank any pushed lanes, if there aren't any readily available ganks go counter jungle, normally going into their red buff side is the best option, if you find the enemy jungler they will most likely be low on health and have not backed for more items yet.
- If you do engage the other jungler watch the two lanes closest to you to ensure the enemy laner doesn't leave to wreck your face.
- Only do it if you have boots maxed!
- Once you reach level 6 if Dragon's Descent is available you can play more offensively and risky because of the escape mechanism.
- Ward Ward Ward, jungle entries, buffs, river, everywhere or you're just asking to lose.
- When not ganking counter-jungle and cripple the other jungler whether it be from taking his stuff or flat out killing him over and over again.
First things first, I want to thank jhoijhoi for her amazing guide on making a guide, it was great to get some ideas and take his dividers for this, you can see his guide here.
As this says in the beginning this is just another guide for jungling Shyvana, but this one is a lot different from the average bruiser build guides that are on here.
I hope you will try this guide and tell me what you think of it.
Also I will add a wall of fame to the end of this guide for your best scores so send them to me in a message and I'll put them on here.
Wall of fame
This is where your best scores will go after you message them to me, so message me to complete this section!