Nidalee Build Guide by JanjanQQ
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
THE OP BUILD
AGAINST AD MID
AGAINST AD #2
LICH BANE ALTERNATIVE
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, this is my first guide so please bear with me. I'm currently playing League of Legends in the Philippines and I am a diamond II division player. This is a quick guide and I hope this guide would help you guys.
The "enemies" section isn't finished yet, but I'm publishing this anyway. I'm going to update this as soon as possible. :)
I love Nidalee and I want to share my experience with her to you guys.
Pros / Cons
+ Can stay in lane without even having pots
+ TRAPS IN ENEMY JUNGLE
+ Steal Lizard/Golem Buffs with spear
+ Can kill from far behind
+ Grants a long vision to enemies who step on her trap
+ Spears almost unnoticeable during team fights
- You have to be accurate and precise in order to deal great damage
- Can be easily burst down when stunned or slowed
- Risky during cougar form
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
With a great starting boost in AP and some magic penetration, your Javelin Toss could send your opponent back to their base in no time! This will also make your Bushwhack very painful during early game harass.
I start out with Faerie Charm, 2x sight ward and a couple of Health Potion. Why? Because you could place a lot of traps and wards around the mid lane to prevent enemy junglers from ganking.
If you think you're going to have a hard time if you're up against a painful AD mid champ like Zed or Pantheon. Go for these items as it will help you sustain in mid lane.
Make sure you have at least 700 gold if you are going to recall back to base. Taking a Tear of the Goddess early will help you get stacks faster because this works well when you are in cougar form. Try spamming your skills when you are not in lane. Note that having a max stack tear of the goddess is enough mana for Nidalee
The Tear of the Goddess will help you spam your Javelin Toss. Even if you miss, you still got plenty of mana to cast more Javelin Toss.
If you think you're opponent in mid lane is burning you down with huge damage from targeted or skill shot skills and you want to tone it down a little. Grab a Negatron Cloak. And turn it into an Abyssal Scepter later on.
If you're up against AD champs in mid lane like Zed or Kha'Zix building a Seeker's Armguard after getting Tear of the Goddess will help you sustain against them.
I don't know how but these shoes make your Javelin Toss painful. Yikes. With the additional penetration from your runes and the early ability power, Javelin Toss will tear up their *******, penetrating through their *******.
Taking a Haunting Guise and a Needlessly Large Rod afterwards, you could tear down your opponents with a single spear.
You can also buy a Lich Bane right after buying a Rabadon's Deathcap. The damage output
could tear any champ even Malphite. Nahh, depending on how fat they are.
Javelin Toss - Aspect Of The Cougar - Pounce - Swipe - Takedown+ Lich Bane
+ + + + +
Finally, The build that makes every single enemy hit by the Javelin Toss cry like a baby.
I take Bushwhack at level 1 in order to make your opponent have a hard time on farming. Also, you could place it in your enemies jungle. Place it in front of the red lizard or the blue golem so that when the enemy jungler steps on your Bushwhack it would decrease his armor by 20% and the red lizard or blue golem would deal him great damage. This method can delay your enemy jungler as well. :)
Here are some spots to deal decent early damage harass to your opponent... Make sure you don't place those Bushwhack's where the enemy minions could step on it!
TIP: Try to land a Javelin Toss towards your enemy if he steps on a Bushwhack
Note: Whenever your opponent steps on a Bushwhack, try landing some basic attacks on him and a Javelin Toss to deal decent damage against him. If your opponent and enemy minions deal damage to you while doing this, remember you always have a Primal Surge
Ward on the bush near the dragon this can help your bot team determine if there are gankers passing by and entering the tribush in bot lane.
Bushwhack EVERYWHERE!! YOU HAVE PLENTY OF MANA SO JUST KEEP CASTING A Bushwhack in order to prevent the enemy jungle from ganking!
Maxing out Javelin Toss early is great. Why? Well because if your jungler has some great cc ( Maokai, Nautilus, Nasus, Rammus etc.) and you could land a perfect Javelin Toss while casting an Ignite you could get a FIRST BLOOD in no time!
TIPS ON LANDING THE Javelin Toss
- Look at your minions, if your minions are on low health your opponent would try to last hit them am I right? Predict where your enemy champion would go to when he tries to last hit your minions and cast a Javelin Toss on that spot. This would make him farm less minions.
- ALWAYS AIM FOR THE SQUISHY ONES! I'm sure with a Liandry's Torment and a Rabadon's Deathcap it would deal them almost 50%-75% of their health. And your teammates will take care of the rest. HUEHUEHUE.
- It's all about prediction and anticipation.
- If the enemy tries to runaway from you cast your Aspect Of The Cougar and run towards him. If you are sure that you could land a perfect Javelin Toss towards him while you chase him, cast Aspect Of The Cougar again and quickly cast Javelin Toss to get the kill.
PRIMAL SURGE?! Yes. LEVEL 1?! Exactly. Because you have enough ability power during early game to have a decent amount of heal from Primal Surge
ASPECT OF THE COUGARRR
- THIS SKILL GRANTS YOU BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED!!
- If you cleared up the minions in mid lane, you could always go to wraiths and do a Pounce + Swipe + Takedown to them freakin wraiths for additional gold.
- Gets your Tear of the Goddess stacks to 750/750 in no time!
- Great for dodging skill shots from Ahri, Lux, Xerath etc.
TIP: Nidalee's combo when on Aspect Of The Cougar is Pounce+ Swipe+ Takedown.
If the enemy flashes away, aim and use your Javelin Toss to secure the kill.
- Be careful on charging Ryze while on Aspect Of The Cougar, he could easily burst you down and worse, he could kill you.
- Try poking him before engaging him.
- If he snares you down, and spams some of his skills towards you. Cast Primal Surge and it will piss the hell out of Ryze.
- BE FAST ENOUGH TO CAST Aspect Of The Cougar and Pounce right after to dodge Lux's skill shots.
- POKE. THE. HELL. OUT. OF. HER.
- If she lands her Light Binding on you and her Lucent Singularity cast your Primal Surge before she even casts her Final Spark
- Do not come to close to Pantheon
- Just stay out of his skills' range.
- If he comes close to you cast a Javelin Toss and go on Aspect Of The Cougar and Pounce away.
- You could always use your Primal Surge whenever he pokes you.
- Better start with a Cloth Armor. This guy could deal great damage towards you.
- Take advantage of him being a melee champion. LAND BASIC ATTACKS!! LOTS OF EM. But be careful he might use his W-E-Q combo towards you.
- I think it's better to sustain in this lane rather than trying to kill him.
- Javelin Toss whenever he casts his locus of power!
- Aspect Of The Cougar and Pounce to dodge his skill shots.
- You could also charge him while on Aspect Of The Cougar and do a Swipe Takedown combo if he is on locus of power
- Harass Fizz during early game because if this fish reaches 6 you'd be having a hard time.
- Ask for your jungle's assistance.
- He can easily dodge your Javelin Toss so try to cast it after he uses Playful / Trickster
- For me, this is an easy lane. Why? If khazix uses his Leap and Void Spike combo towards you. Cast Primal Surge and go on Aspect Of The Cougar and do the Swipe Takedown and Pounce (when he runs away) combo. Then cast Aspect Of The Cougar and Javelin Toss to secure the kill.
- Kha'Zix's burst can be easily healed by your Primal Surge