Gangplank Build Guide by Imsoflyyyy
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Build order vs AD
Build order vs AP
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This part is very important. Doran shield + 1 potions is my best option since it provides very good stats for an early trade, and HP regen. Take it vs strong melee toplaners (aatrox, tryndamere, riven, renekton, jax, fiora)
But in some case, you know that you won't be able to trade in early level because your opponent is a ranged champion (kennen, nida, Jayce, teemo, vlad etc...), or your opponent will harass you very very hard and the regeneration from the doran shield is not sufficient (rengar, wukong, zed, yorick).
Then take cloth armor or boots. The doran shield is also nice vs ranged AA thanks to the passive, but I'd rather for an other item since this doran would only be a defensive option. Boots is a good choice vs ranged because you can punish them more easily if they make a mistake, and it's an item that you can upgrade later.
But the choice doran/boots/armor is very hard to explain. You really have to consider the damage of the ennemy (basic attacks, physical, magical), trade opportunity, and harass.
- if you are blue side and your jungler starts on red buff, wait your ennemy in top tribush. He may come ther to go in his top lane. Then CCccombo him ! If you are purple side and your jungler starts blue buff, wait in river top bush and if the ennemy comes CCcccombo him !
At low elo the ennemy comes 50% of the time. Above gold, he comes less than 25%. But wait in bush untill you see him.
- Dont harass with Q ! Use it to reset your auto-attacks (AA-Q-AA) and to stack your passive which is very strong on early level.
- Save your mana for W (heal).
- Active your E only if you can combo your ennemy (AA-Q-AA), or if you want to chase or flee ennemy, or to buff your jungler when he ganks.
- On level 1 don't let you ennemy last hit for free. CCCCombo him ! You basic stats, with high HP, AD, reset AA, and your passive makes you out-trade ennemy on 1v1 fights.
Combo is AA-Q-AA then chase and keep AA and Q. If he is very low HP, ignite and you may have to flash+AA to pick first blodd.
- at level 2 it is the same. You are still stronger with Q and E. When he come to last hit, activate E, then CCCCombo him AA-Q-AA.
- at lvl 3 you generally took the advantage previously. If the ennemy died or backed, then push your lane. If he is low HP, zone him and freeze.
- I dont start with a ward. Since I take the advantage in level 1-2, i generally have a big wave of minions next to me and my opponent is low HP. If the ennemy jungler comes, consider the options to kill him ! You can also flash if the top ennemy has enough HP to participate in the trade.
I always rush phage. Early AD and HP is the best option and the passive is very good to chase and stack passive with AA. Don't forget to buy a ward if flash is on cooldown.
If your ennemy builds early armor, you can go for early stattik shiv which provides good magical damage.
Some champions can burst you down after level 6, for exemple Wukong. Then build defense instead of rushing triforce.
In late game, you have a very good tanking, MS (with triforce ans Statikk + E), decent DPS, and utility. In team fight you are in first lane or second lane, but I advice you not going too deep if your team doesn't have the advantage, cause you have a long term sustain, and you provide a buff to your adc.