Shaco Build Guide by Lightdn
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my guide to
Shaco is commonly referred to as useless and terrible at the 1000 - 1500 rating.
I however having 800 games played as shaco under my belt feel otherwise.
Shaco is what the player makes him
I will only be explaining the 1st build and how it works and is used to dominate games.
Won't lie this guide is still relative to player skill just like any guide so for me to guarantee results would be foolish. But if you stay open minded and just try the builds they work most games.
Shaco is a jungler, meaning he is also an assasin.
he has two main jungle routes, starting at red buff and hopefully obtaining 1st blood, or starting at blue buff and finishing his route in time to counter jungle or gank efficiently.
^This video is useless till 5:50. Sorry, though this is actually my gameplay
For those interested in AP shaco.
These are a few videos just to help get you started so i dont have to explain how to jungle verbally.
Creeping / Jungling
Remember these buff times they are important:
Spawn time: 1:55
Respawn time: 5 minutes after the enemy killed it ( you can see the killtime by warding or clairvoyance , it's obvisious)
Buff duration: 2.5 minutes
Spawn time: 1:55
Respawn time: 5 minutes after you/enemy killed it.
Buffduration: 2.5 minutes (without the utillity mastery, also funds for the ancient golem.)
Spawn time: 2:30
Respawn time: 6 minutes after you/enemy killed it.
gold: 190 gold global (25 gold extra for the slayer)
Spawn time: 15 minutes
Respawn time: 7 minutes after you killed it
Buffduration: 4 minutes (without utility mastery)
- Great spell for chase down, but does not protect you if someone just turns around and wants to smack you in the face.
- My favorite spell for Shaco it slows, and protects you from most ad carries, and some ap carries.
- You are a jungler, Remember to smite your golem at 450 though. counter junglers are annoying.
- the extra ap and heal cut make this amazing for ap shaco, not so much for this build unless facing a team of healers.
- Great spell not necessarily viable with Decieve but still amazing to get in and out of combat with.
- Allows teleporting to a ward or creep wave to backdoor, or go behind the minions and kill a turret or structure, as seen in the video below.
Shaco has many ways of being played. These are the runes i perfer. but over time you will find your own style and own rune set. for example sometimes the 27 armor 6% exp boost runes are more viable, or the 42 magic resistance book.
Use your runes as an asset to your strengths, or a building block for your weaknesses.
Pros / Cons
Shaco has many con's but they are not con's in the mindset of a shaco player, they're simply a balance.
1. He has some of the most overpowered spells in the game if used correctly.
2. Leaping for 4 seconds of invisibility allows for great escapes.
3. Cloning for .3 seconds of invulnerability to evade a devastating blow such as Karthus ultimate.
4. Two shiv poison is a passive frozen mallet if not activated, then used as a hard nuke and slow.
5. Fear from jitb (Jack in the Box)
6. Fast Jungler
7. Excellent Assasin
8. Fast Turret Demolisher
9. Great Chaser
10. Best champion to kill dragon with.
1. Sort of a 1 trick pony, people have seen him played they know how to counter him, use your imagination to get them to make a mistake.
2. Squishy, Though excelling in deception shaco is very vulnerable to nukes and Devastating blows.
3. Slow Move speed, but that's why we have move speed quintessence.
4. Hard to Master, will take time to perfect his timing.
5. Can seem to hit softer than usual at times.
6. Can be escaped by flash if not careful.
7. Vulnerable to CC (Crowd Control)
8. Little use early in team fights when the nukes are being spammed.. but we can wait...
9. Takes patience, don't worry if your team is raging at you, do what you know don't over extend, 9 times out of 10 they're just bad players who cant handle their lane.
10. Can be seen as useless end game. But with such a good backdoor champion just win and prove them otherwise.
Now for the moment you have all been waiting for. Why 2 Wriggles and 2 Witts ends.
Q: Aren't they UNIQUE? FFS it says it right on the item.
A: My turn to talk. If you look at the statistics on the items you get +23 Damage + 30 armor and 18% lifesteal all useful stats when playing Shaco. the witt's end gives 40 magic resistance and 40% attackspeed. also useful stats when playing a squishy champion like Shaco combine these items for the following effects.
+80 Magic Resistance
40 bonus magic damage on every strike, and 5 bonus magic resist for 4 hits.
2 Wards for placing in areas for sight. AKA Dragon and Baron.
Q: What your an idiot you can't get two wards they share the same active.
A: obviously i am smarter than this person, This is the secret to 2 wards from 2 wriggles.
1st buy a wriggles lantern.
When you have all the stuff for the wriggles lantern place your ward at baron before buying the recipe for the second wriggles lantern, Go back to base, buy the recipe for your second wriggles lantern and place it at dragon. Do not move Either of the 2 Wriggles Lanterns and make sure they never reach the same cooldown. As far as im concerned 4 Wriggles Madreds and Berserkers greaves is a pro build if used correctly.
Anyways I know shocking cheat, expose it while you can. and when they do fix this bug don't stray away from this build it is still the best offensive defense build i have seen.
Starting Game Item Analysis
5 of these babies for your jungle. To sustain and heal before ganks or finishing a buff.
Gives Shaco perfect ammount of survivability for jungling and counter jungling
Your must have item for shaco, either for rushing Madred's Bloodrazor or Wriggle's Lantern.
Boots of Speed
Mid Game Item Analysis
Best all around item for shaco. Stack these for major stats explained in Item's Tab.
Wriggle's Lantern gave us damage armor and lifesteal. Follow that up with attackspeed and Magic Resistance, and on the 1st one a bonus 42 magic damage each hit.
Since this guide is about abusing on hit effects which are magic damage why not lower your targets Magic Resistance, get a little extra Ability Power, and of course Attackspeed.
This is Shaco's Go To big game item. It allows soloing baron and hardcore armor health tanks with low magic resistance, as well as armor attackspeed and damage, The Recommended Item.
Late Game Item Analysis
Item's To consider if the game hasn't ended yet
Sometimes you are the focus or your only hope is to backdoor, this item brings you back from the dead and gives Top Tier Defensive Bonuses
Life and an extra slow is the reason to consider this item.
The Black Cleaver
Great item, attackspeed damage and lowers Shaco's enemies armor, great for killing carries.
If you are just lacking a bit in alot of different areas but you are farming well. This is quite possibly your second best item.
Shaco is not a bad champion. There are just a lot of bad Shaco Players.
and btw his name is sh - aaaa - Co not sh-a-co or Sh-o-co.
Good luck hopefully you can surpass me in Shaco Skill and write a guide worth reading.