Teemo Build Guide by biOh4z4rd II
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This IS a 3v3 guide.
- Summoner's Wrath - this is used to improve Ignite
- Mental Force - this gives you some ability power to start off with especially since my build doesn’t give much of it.
- Sorcery - gives you some CDR (cool down reduction). The more q's you get off the less damage you are likely to take.
- Arcane Knowledge - +10% MPen (Magic Penetration) good for your q as well since it increases magic damage.
- Havoc - who DOESNT want increased damage?
- Blast - just adds more ability power to give you that much more damage
- Archmage - Do I need to say why you need this one by now >.>
- Executioner - This is important because once you get your opponent below 40% health (which is pretty easy to do with this build) you can deal even more damage to them to finish em off before they get away.
- Summoner's Insight - allows you to have flash ready sooner to gank or escape easier.
- Good Hands - on the rare occasion you do die, this will make you respawn sooner so you can get revenge ;P
- Expanded Mind - this is mainly for early game before you get your TotG because you can sometimes have mana problems depending on how often you use your q and/or w.
- Improved Recall - The name explains it all.
The two main summoner spells I choose are Flash and Ignite.
- Flash- Flash is good for three main things: joining in on a gank, catching someone that is about to escape, and escaping so you don’t die. This is especially important with Teemo because he is fairly squishy and can be approached and killed fairly easily if you’re going against a tank or your low on health.
- Ignite- I pick Ignite because it not only gets them low in the middle of fight, but it pairs really well with your Toxic Shot. So if they are about to escape, shoot em a couple times and pop Ignite on em and they are probably going to die (if they are low enough, obviously)
Other Viable Summoner Spells
Some other good spells for Teemo are:
- Ghost- Ghost is a pretty good spell for Teemo, but it isn’t really necessary. With your Berserker's Greaves + Move Quick's passive you have plenty of movement speed and the only thing ghost is really useful for is escaping through minion waves.
- Exhaust- this is another good spell for Teemo, even though I don’t normally choose it. This can allow you to catch up, deal extra damage, take less damage, and/or escape.
- Cleanse- this is good against a lot of heavy CC. I normally don't have that problem though because I'm usually hiding, but if you are a more agressive Teemo player, you might want to consider getting this spell.
Note:If you are going to choose one of these, replace Flash with them. Ignite is one of the most important spells you can get for Teemo (and almost anyone else).
camouflage-your passive. This is important for ganking, especially for the beginning of the round when your at the bottom bush. If your team gets to the bush first, you go to the opposite side of the lane and sit there and wait for your passive to kick in. The reason you go to the top of the lane instead of in the bush is because if the enemy team uses their AoE on the bush to scare your team out, you will be fine. You should also wait to help your team get a kill when your enemies are low. At the beginning you are too squishy to survive a team fight, so pick off any survivors and jump in to help a dying teammate.
If your team DOESN'T make it to the bush first, your going to want to get just out of sight of the bush and wait there. If your opponents begin to chase your team, wait till you are behind them and pick off any that may escape or assist a falling teammate.
The rest of the time you want to sit just far enough away from your turret so that if your opponent is melee then they will be between you and the turret. You then become unstealthed and start pounding on them. Since they are closer to the turret than you they can't attack you and not get hit by the turret so you will either kill them or severly weaken them.
- your main initiating skill. You use this just before you attack someone. This will give you some time to get some shots in without taking damage. You can also use it on an enemy that is about to kill a teammate to buy your teammate some time and possibly escape.
- this is the ability you will use to get around the map and/or escape with. This is almost like your own little miniature Ghost.
- this is your highest priority (besides your ult). This is what is really going to be the deciding factor on whether or not you win in a fight. You want to max this as soon as possible for the most damage possible.
- this is like your version of a last hit if you place it correctly. You will use this to scare enemies out of bushes and get kills.
- Ok so to start off with I get Toxic Shot. I like this over getting Blinding Dart first because, believe it or not, I have gotten many first bloods on champions that have almost escaped (the key word here being "almost") because of the little extra damage from Toxic Shot.
- Blinding Dart is chosen next because it is important for starting a fight or deterring an opponent that may be coming at you, since their attacks miss for a bit after you shoot them. This is really useful later on because when you have +216% attack speed you can get several shots in before it wears off.
- Move Quick is third because if you don’t happen to kill/deter them and they have a chance of killing you then you can use it to escape. This is also useful for running through the jungle to help set up a gank.
If you want to get just a few more kills whenever you can (well, who DOESNT), a good place to put your Noxious Traps are: in every bush (I put several in the bushes in the lane), and in every entrance to the jungle. You eventually learn which ones your opponents activate most often and you can start placing multiple mushrooms there or you can mix it up to keep em wondering.
You can also place your Noxious Traps in key areas in the jungle where people run through all the time. An ideal location is somewhere where it is too narrow for them to miss it. This is also good for "training" them to avoid bushes and it is excellent at preventing ganks and allowing you to know where your opponents are headed, since if they happen to not set it off it still acts as a tiny ward.
Another thing Noxious Trap is great for is slowing down enemies to let your teammates catch up to them for the kill. Don’t be afraid to come in behind the battle and place a mushroom in the middle of a lane or place one behind your team if you think the opponents are going to win the team fight. Sometimes if you are about to get them but you are low you can place a Noxious Trap under the enemy and try to stall them until it blows up on them. You can then make your escape and laugh as they die from Toxic Shot + Noxious Trap's poison.
Ok to start off, I normally get a Dagger so you already have some attack speed at the beginning of the battle. You can buy Health Potions or Mana Potions if you want. I normally don’t but it’s up to you. This will help you get that last hit on anyone running away after the team fight at the bottom bush.
I proceed to buy some Boots of Speed because Teemo is kind of slow at the start of the battle.
The next item I get is a Tear of the Goddess to give Teemo the mana he will need for the rest of the battle.
After I take care of his mana problem, I buy some Berserker's Greaves. These give you attack speed (which, if you haven’t noticed, is what this build is based on) and it gives you movement speed. This movement speed, along with your w's passive, will give you a massive speed boost and will allow you to catch up with most of your enemies to get you that final shot.
After the Berserker's Greaves, I buy a Stinger. This is useful because it gives you not only the +40% attack speed, but also 10% CDR, which stacks well with your CDR mastery. This allows you to use your q more often to start a 1v1 or deter an opponent.
The next item I get is a Malady. This item is overall one of the best early-mid game items you can buy for Teemo, because it gives you:
- +25 AP
- +50% Attack Speed
From there I end up buying a Sword of the Divine. this gives you +60% attack speed, as well as making every 4th basic attack deal 100 extra magic damage. This pairs extremely well with your Malady because at the 4th hit your Malady's MR reduction is at its max stack, so you deal maximum damage. It's active is also useful if they are about to escape because you can activate it then shoot at them and you will deal extra damage as well as make it undodgable.
To finish off I purchase a Madred's Bloodrazor (if they haven’t surrendered already) for the added armor, attack speed, and damage it gives you (special thanks to xMrSchmidtx for suggesting the Madred's Bloodrazor).
Some situational items include:
- Banshee's Veil- This is an almost universal survival item for if you are being focused a lot. Its added health is good as well as your shield that comes every 45 seconds.
- Quicksilver Sash- This is good for if you are getting CC'ed a lot since its active allows you to cancel any CC(s) affecting you.
- Archangel's Staff- this is good for mana if you are running low constantly throughout the game, although I don't get it because it takes longer to get another item that will give you attack speed if you buy it.
- Guardian Angel- this item is good if you are dying a lot, but it does decrease your total attack speed by replacing one of your items. It is good though for getting kills because if you get them to maybe half health then die, then whenever you come back q them then run or finish em off.
- Atma's Impaler- this item is good if you want a bit of armor and crit chance instead of attack speed.
P.S. I would like to add a map of all of the spots I place mushrooms but I can’t find a map of twisted treeline that is blank so if you could send me a link or something to a picture that would be great.
Thanks for Reading :D
Special Thanks To:
- xMrSchmidtx for suggesting the Madred's Razors
- Niel1234 for giving me a link to a great guide
- jhoijhoi for an amazing guide that really helped improve my guide
- Dec. 16- guide was maade
- Dec. 19- read jhoihjoi's guide for guides and added:
- ability explanation to my sequence chapter
- situational items
- update log