Evelynn Build Guide by Shadowcrusnik
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Special thanks to Jhoi Jhoi. Her awesome guide helped me to BBC code every paragraph. Her boss guide can be found HERE.
Practical Pros/Cursed Cons
- A rly good late game build as long as you know when to and not to engage.
- Its just plain fun to rape a squishy, or better, in a matter of seconds.
- Early game is challenging if you don't find your balance of aggressiveness and defensiveness.
- Anti physical abilities such as Teemo's blind or Jax's Counter Strike rly make it difficult because those first few seconds of battle are vital, and you cant hit anything for them....
Here I will explain my summoner spell choices.
Your jungling, this is necesary.
I get Flash for it's awesome short term maneuverability, it is great for getting out of a pickle or catching an annoying Ezreal.
For dominion i replace smite with ignite to help finish champions that get away with 10 hp.
Other Viable Spells
This summoner spell is a viable replacement for ignite, it can help when chasing an enemy, but the loss of DPS and the chance that they can just flash away over a wall make it a little redundant sometimes, but some people know how to deal with it to compensate, I however, just go for ignite.
A moderately good option to replace flash, but it has a long cool down and is only good for being the first one to a fight, which you never want to be.
Next I will explain each of my ORIGINAL, pre-update items. I will update as soon as i am able.
I get the Wriggle's Lantern early on for every stat it gives, LS, DMG, Armor, free ward, and the extra help with farming. They are all good early boosts.
I obtain Guinsoo's Rageblade for the major short time attack speed boost, I enter with Agony's Embrace, and when it wears off the attack speed from Guinsoo's Rageblade keeps my attack speed roughly the same as it would be if i had Agony's Embrace on and no Guinsoo's Rageblade, which is a great help.
I retrieve the Trinity Force for the wide variety of stats it gives, the extra damage passive that matches so well with Hate Spike, and the slow. Overall, it's the main item of this build.
The Black Cleaver is a vital AD item in the build, the armor penetration passive and base stat allows you to take out any squishy with a desperate armor item in seconds. A very important, must have item.
This, The Bloodthirster, is the replacement for Wriggle's Lantern, I lose armor and a couple passives, but the gain in damage and life steal makes up for it.
- DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!! But seriously, the Infinity Edge is the best AD item in the game, IMO, it gives critical DMG, critical chance, and alot of DMG, very great, but foresakeable if you need extra defense.
Other Viable Items
I got nothing, seriously though, if i get any suggestions from the comments ill think about adding it, so please comment, to save this chapter.
OK, here I will explain my items.
Hate Spike: Evelynn launches a line of spikes at a nearby target, hitting it and anyone in its path, dealing damage.
This is a very spammy ability and with the new hit system makes the Sheen/ Trinity Force proc all the easier and stacks extremely well with her W's passive.
Dark Frenzy; Passive: Evelynn's spell hits grant her a movement speed buff.Active: Evelynn gains a massive movement speed buff for a short duration.Kills and Assists refresh this abilities cooldown.
So. This is a great ability allowing her an excellent escape method and making her impossible to catch up to if someone chases you by spamming Hate Spike. The active is great for replacing the old ultimate's movement speed buff.
Ravage: Evelynn strikes a target twice, dealing damage based on her ability power (not sure if they changed this)and granting her a Attack speed increase for a short duration.
This is an insane ability with the attack speed increase, its like spamming the most valued part of her ultimate every couple of seconds, The damage isn't very high and with the loss of her CC from the old stealth ability I will see if maxing it last will have any effect.
Agony's Embrace: Evelynn hits everyone around her with deadly spikes, dealing massive damage based on max HP, slowing them, and gaining a shield for a short duration.
This is an insanely high damage AoE nuke, the shield, the AoE slow, and the Anti-tank damage scaling make her an excellent initiator and probably the best, most OP assassin in the game. This is what I expect just from looking at it.
With the new updates coming I have yet to find a good ability sequence. Hopefully I will.
- First off, in the lobby or at the very start call bottom, or state that you are going bottom. Only go top if there is no jungler, and NEVER go mid, EVER. I have yet to try roaming, although I will test it out when the updates are released.
- Secondly, Use your stealth to hang out near the enemy, be extremely careful about getting too close try to hang back behind them and make sure none of the oracle eye's above them turn red, if they do activate you w and starting exercising your pinky with Q ups. It is also YOUR job to take out whoever thinks they can backdoor your team while they are out pushing middle or grabbing Baron/Dragon.
- Lastly, you need to work with your lane partner to coordinate close-distance ganks. My favorite close-distance gank is using your lane partner as bait to get any melee enemy champs to commit then jump him with the ultimate slow effect if available or the Dark Frenzy/Ravage activates, coupled with Ignite to "burn" away their hp in a matter of seconds, heh heh.
MOST OF ALL! do not ever ever ever ever forget...
UPVOTE THE GUIDE!!!! :D