Twitch Build Guide by Xaioli
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Twitch - The Plague Rat
Hey! Did you know that Twitch is a ruthless carry for his team? However, he is very squishy, so you have to take some caution when playing Twitch. He should never be initiating fights, in fact, you should wait in the back until your team engages the other team, then, pop out with Spray and Pray and unload your giant crossbolts of death! But for now, lets look further in! Keep in mind that I keep this build updated a lot, and when new patches drop, expect this to be updated within hours or several days!
What You'll Need
-The ability to get at least 60% last-hits in your lane
-To be able to solo/lane successfully
-To be able to gank properly
-To have great positioning
-To have a sense of humor, and to have fun.
Pro's and Con's:
-Great carry, can annihilate teams in a matter of seconds.
-Is a great crippler
-Can scout for your team
-Can escape with Ambush
-Squishy, easily killed
-Can be CC'ed
-Since you are a carry, everyone will be out to get you
-Oracle's and wards can stop you from scouting, and escaping with Ambush
- Twitch's passive ability. This does damage over a period of 6 seconds. The DoT does more damage per stack. Stacks up to 6.
- Twitch's "Q" key is his stealth. This ability stealths Twitch for an amount of time. The amount of time stealthed is increased per skill level. Stay stealthed as long as you can for max attack speed bonus.
-Twitch's "W" key. This is a slow, and is great ability for catching enemies. This uses a decent amount of mana, but the % of the slow is increased per stack of . Stack up your poison before you use Debilitating Poison to maximize the slow duration and percentage!
Expunge-Twitch's "E" key. This is his bread and butter early game. This starts doing great damage when in ranks 3+. This ability does Magic Damage for each stack of . This is a great finisher spell. When you pop out to gank, stack up as many stacks of poison before you hit Expunge to maximize your damage!
Spray and Pray- Twitch's "R" key. This is Twitch's ulti, and this is Twitch's bread and butter mid and late game. This will mow down enemies that stand in front of you! With the new changes in the patch, Spray no longer gives Attack Speed, and now gives Attack Damage per rank. Many see it as a nerf, but I see it as a slight buff. The 'nerf' that people see requires you to build more Attack Speed items, but it grants AD, so taking down your enemies will be even more simpler. In my build, the Attack Speed sections offer the best possible AS items for Twitch, so keep reading on!
Greater Mark of DesolationArmor Penetration Runes- great for Twitch since he deals a lot of physical damage. Also, since he does so much damage, he can shut down virtually ANYONE!
Dodge Runes- Twitch is very squishy, and he is a prime target for ganks! Dodge runes increase his chance of survivability a lot.
Magic Resist Runes- Like Dodge runes, this also gives him protection from magic casters. I normally get focus-nuked by champions like Ezreal and Ryze, but with Magic Resist, I can get away safely.
- I use these a lot nowadays. The extra HP is great for Twitch since he's squishy, and makes him more scary in 1v1.
Greater Quintessence of Desolation- More ARP = More Damage.
The yellow runes are debatable! I feel safer with dodge runes, but you can use Critical Strike runes instead.
Ignite: Another DoT to go with your poison?! Of course, you'll be surprised how fast your enemies' health bar will burn down!
Flash: A surprise ability, or a "OMFG I've gotta GTFO" ability. It'll come in handy for some quick ganks, quick positioning for team fights, and successful tower-dives that won't result in any deaths besides your target.
Exhaust: A very good alternate for Flash, it blinds an enemy, and slows them. Good for early ganks, but once you get to level 8, you'll have your very own slow!
Cleanse: I usually use this spell OVER Ignite in ranked games due to the fact that once they see twitch, people instantly grab Exhaust. Cleanse removes Exhausts, taunts, and ultis that will destroy you like Galio's and Amumu's. It's a good, "TROLOLOLOL" spell, and you can laugh as you get away unscratched.
Rotation In Team Fights:
Time to break it down: Obviously, you want stealth to keep the element of surprise. Let your team engage for a second, so everyone can get into position. Then, pop out with Spray and Pray! Within 3-5 shots, everyone should be dead, or under 50% hp. If people are still alive, apply your Debilitating Poison. Since they should have 4-5 stacks of your poison (this will greatly slow them). Then, use expunge, as it'll do massive damage, especially if you have a Guinsoo's Rageblade. From there on, you should have a Quadra or Penta, if not, your team mates would have picked up kills, or have hunted your enemies down.
- I prefer this a lot because this makes you very mobile. 5 Movement speed when out of combat, but when you enter combat, it's reduced to 2. This is great for ganking.
- This is the second option to Boots of Mobility. If you want a constant 3 Movement Speed, and will give up the 5 Movement speed when out of combat, go ahead! These boots are also ideal for ganking, but it dosen't give me the amount of speed that I crave for.
- What? Ninja Tabi on Twitch?!? Why? In ranked games, I've been noticing that melee teams constantly focus Twitch. When melee can charge in, it messes Twitch up by a little bit. I use dodge runes for Twitch, and the boots help his survivability. Also, it gives 2 Movement Speed! I only get this for Melee Teams.
- These boots will give you Magic Resistance and it will reduce the duration of stuns, snares, etc. The only reason why I dislike these boots are that because Twitch is such a prime target. Once a stun lands on you, you are instantly focused. That is why I rely on Quick Silver Sash or Banshee's Veil to get me out of tight situations like that.
- - Banshee's Veil is a great choice for Twitch when you need protection from Magic Casters. This gives him extra health and mana. Also, it grants Magic Resistance, and it's an insta-cleanse on a 60second cd.
- - Do you feel that you don't need the mana and health from Banshee's Veil? Don't want to invest in that extra 1 grand, and you feel that you want some extra DMG and something to save you from things like ? Hexdrinker is the item for you! It will save you from magic spells that would usually kill you.
- - This is an insta-cleanse, and you control when to use it. This gives you some MR, and will remove all debuffs on you, and it's on a 105second cd.
- These boots give you dodge rating, ideal for countering melee. It will keep you alive! Eat that enemy melee champions!
- This will give you a "free" ward every 3 minutes. It also grants Attack Damage, Lifesteal, and Armor. However, I usually turn my Madred's Razors into a Madred's Bloodrazors instead of a Wriggle's.
- Frozen Mallet gives a ton of HP, some damage and a slow! When you have to desperately run, just quickly turn around, take a quick tap at the enemy, and keep running. Frozen Mallet works with Spray and Pray, so if you hit all 5 people, all 5 will be slowed!
- This is what I grab when the enemy team has a lot of heals. This is like an ignite without a dot. It reduces all healing and regen by 50%. It also gives lifesteal, and applies a small dot on hit. However, it has 1/2 the crit that two Avarice Blades would give.
- This is Twitch's main item. It grants a ton of Attack Damage, and your crits will massacre and spill blood everywhere. Infinity Edge is Twitch's MAIN item. It is a MUST.
- I grab this on Twitch when late game hits, and I have my 2 attack speed items that I need. It gives a fair amount of Attack Damage and Lifesteal. You gain Attack Damage and Lifesteal bonuses for each thing you kill, and it stacks up to 40times.
- The Black Cleaver is a great item for Twitch when you are facing tanks stacking armor. It gives a decent amount of Attack Damage, and will decreases the target's armor by 12 for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. When you spray, everything hit by the Spray will immediately take a stack! With the change to BC, you lose some AD, but you gain some nice Attack Speed. This is an even better item for Twitch now!
- This will grant you Attack Damage, Health/Mana regen, and your attacks will splash for 30% of your damage to surrounding targets. The bad thing about this item is that the splash radius is small. However, if you can get your enemies together in a large group, this will make them pay for clumping up.
- Last Whisper gives a lot of Attack Damage and Armor Pen for mid-game fights against tanks. AD and ARP gives it the ability to rip enemies apart. However, I prefer to sell it later on for a Madred's or an item that does more damage.
- Guinsoo's Rageblade is an item that will give you Attack Damage and Ability Power. Now, you might be asking why you'd want Ability Power on Twitch. Well, Expunge, your finisher spell scales with Ability Power. I seldomly grab this item, but it is a great addition because every hit adds Ability Power and some Attack Speed. It stacks 8 times, and lasts for several seconds.
- This is fairly expensive, but I like it for Twitch. It gives crit, movement speed, attack speed. This gives more crit for Infinity Edge, move mobility and attack speed to make you shoot faster! Who wouldn't want this item for Twitch?
- This item is great because it gives Attack Damage, Crit, Armor Pen, and Cooldown Reduction. When activated, it grants a ton of movespeed and attack speed! This is a great secondary item since it gives some AD to make you hit harder, more crit for your Infinity Edge, Armor Penetration to take tanks down, and cool down reduction to get your abiltiies back faster.
- This grants AD, AS, Armor, and does 4% of the target's max health per hit unless they have some MR. This stacks with Spray and Pray, so each person hit by this, will basically take 4% of their max health per hit!
- Sword of the Divine will give you a ton of Attack Speed passively, and will 100 Magic Damage every 4 hits. However, the thing I admire about this item is the active. When you activate it, you gain Armor Penetration, and your attacks cannot be dodged. So even Jax, the master of dodge can't dodge your shots!
Explanation to Why I Build Twitch This Way:
The Perfect 6:
* I Usually Grab: *
1) Banshee's Veil
2) Boots of Mobility (SELL LATE GAME FOR MERCURY TREADS)
3) Infinity Edge
4) The Black Cleaver
5) Phantom Dancer
6) Madred's Bloodrazor
My Usual Item Sequence:
To start off, I start off with a
*Unless you get a Executioner's Calling
Twitch; Early, Mid and Late Game:
Early Game: Twitch is a somewhat weak champion early game. However, he is not to be underestimated. Twitch has the ability to scout around, and at level 2, your expunge is when you can truly pick up early kills. If you are sure of your ability to kill people, coordinate with lane mates to pick off kills. If you like to mid, Twitch is an exceptional hero for you! Twitch can easily 1v1, and can send a sense of fear into your opponents. Whenever you stealth, they are forced to purchase a ward/oracles, or, they must call MIA's constantly whenever you pop in and out of stealth, or risk the fact that you could be going to top or bottom to gank. If you like to lane, try to get a partner like or . Primarily, anyone that can stun, taunt, snare. The longer they can be stopped and held to one place, the faster you can get your poison stacks up. That will insure easy ganks, easy kills for you, and an easy game to win. To make Twitch strong in the early game, I get Avarice Blades for him. Though Avarice dosen't provide a lot of raw damage, it adds critical %, for your upcoming item, Infinity Edge. The crit from the blades will compliment Infinity Edge greatly, and since I hold onto them for a while, the blades will pay themselves off, and will possibly make a profit for you!
Mid-Game: Mid game to me is the 20 minute mark. Everyone should be breaking away from their lanes and have begun to start clumping in a lane for a straight push. You should have at least a BF Sword by now! This is when Spray and Pray with a BF Sword will hose people down. This is when Twitch is "Over Powered." Make your Infinity Edge with your Avarice Blades, and watch people fall over with crits! Move with your team, and scout locations for your team. Scout major places like dragon and blue/red rune. See if your team can gank anyone! I don't bother scouting Baron because not many people can do Baron this early.. However, be careful for wards and oracles!
Late-Game: Late-Game is around the 40 minute mark. By now, you should be finishing up your perfect 6. Now, you have a huge threat to the enemy team. With great positioning and teamwork, the enemy team dosen't stand a chance. In this part of the game, I don't suggest scouting anymore. Why? People can easily get an oracles, and that might get you when you walk into a bush unaware. You dieing could be the difference between a win and a loss. It could also lead into burning a Flash that you'll need later! Since this is going to be a "do or die" situation, try to bait the enemy team into narrow spaces. Then, unload Spray and Pray and watch them all fall over because they are trapped!
Want Tips? Be Careful, They Might Have Poison!
2) You can solo dragon around 15-20mins. It's not impressive, but if your team is pushing and you aren't doing anything important, go ahead!
3) You are amazing at backdooring. I can't tell you how many times I've done successful 3 inhibitor steals as Twitch. Stealth into their base, pop out of Ambush, and knock it over!
4)You are a very good harrass. The range on your poisons are pretty large, so take advantage of it!
5) Remember, have fun with Twitch. It's annoying at times playing a champion with such low health at the start, but he is often underestimated early game. Make them pay for their grim mistake. I guarantee you will have fun mid-late game. (:
6)When you're recalling, take advantage of Twitch's stealth! Press Q so it engages the "Phasing to Stealth", and then, click B, and you will recall. Once the phasing ends, you will still be recalling, but stealthed!
Chocopuffs: first good twitch i've seen in a while
Twitch is still strong after his 'nerfs'. You've just got to play him correctly. ;)
About the Author :o
Hello! I'm currently 1701 in Solo Queue, and 240+ wins over losses in Normal Queue. Now, those stats aren't impressive, but I feel like it shows that I know a decent amount about the game. I also play somewhat competitively and participate in amateur tournaments. Did you know I won a Triumphant Ryze skin from a tournament? :D
Before I end this, I want to thank you for reading this guide. I have taken a lot of time and effort into this build, and I'd like if you could give me some feedback in the comments below! I have been playing Twitch for 8 Months. I don't want to sound cocky, but I feel that I am one of the best Twitch players out there. This build is 100% how I play Twitch, and I hope you enjoyed it! Thank You!
If you still need help, please contact me on the US Server! My In Game Name is Xaioli.
And for the trolls, if you think that your build is better, add me on US. 1v1 me as Twitch, first to FB. If you beat me, I will take this guide down. Unless you're too scared. (:
10/18/2010 - [Twitch]-Let the Bodies Hit the Floor has been released.
1/17/2011 - [Twitch]-Let the Bodies Hit the Floor has been archived.
1/17/2011 - [Twitch]-Let the Bodies Hit the Floor #2 is released.
2/23/2011 - Added a 1421 Ranked Game screenshot / Added a Updates: Section!
2/23/2011 - Added a 1441 Ranked Game Screenshot
2/28/2011 - Switched the item sequence. 2 Avarices changed for a Executioners out of experience. Early Lifesteal is good, + damage is fantastic.