Warwick Build Guide by naparu53
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello and welcome to my Warwick guide!
This guide will show you how to build a Tanky/DPS Warwick (lane guide).
+ Can easily chase down running enemies.
+ Has a lot of lifesteal.
+ Very good ultimate that can disable the enemy carry.
+ Using this build you will have a lot of health and damage.
+ Jungling is very easy due to Wriggle's Lantern.
+ Can detect low health enemies with Blood Scent.
- Needs very agressive team.
- Early game can die fast.
- Untill you get Frozen Mallet you won't do much damage.
- Can't take the role of a full tank if your team has no tank.
- CC will make you useless.
- Runs out of mana quickly.
My mastery page for Warwick may look strange at first but once you try it out it turns out to be nice. Warwick makes good use of Alacrity and Weapon Expertise in the Offense Tree and Initiator and Durability in the Defense Tree. (NOTE: I don't take Vampirism since the lifesteal from Wriggle's Lantern AND your passive is enough)
- Greater Quintessence of Health: The health from these runes will not make us First Blood. But be warry as they may be usefull early game they will become useless late game (Tough we get them since, as I said in the cons, Warwick can die easily)
- greater mark of desolation: The armor pen. from these runes will work great with your ultimate and will help you against armor based tanks as well (Ex: Malphite, Rammus)
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power: Now this might look strange to you but listen. I get these runes since we need some damage in that Hungering Strike as well not only in your claws.
- greater seal of vitality: The health from these runes will give us the early game advantage and a boost late game.
Flash: This spell will help you escape from enemies or chase them down (No need tough since you got Blood Scent)
Ignite: This spell will help you finish off enemies when you are bored to chase them down.
Exhaust: If you want you can take this spell but it's really not that usefull since enemies can't run away from you due to Blood Scent and you got your lifesteal to keep you alive in 1v1 fights.
- Eternal Thirst: A very good passive which will help you in teamfights or 1v1, 1v2 or 1v3 fights.
- Hungering Strike (Q): This ability makes Warwick a very good tank killed but also a fighter due to the huge amount of health it gives you.
- Hunters Call (W): This ability is mostly usefull for pushing but it can also give you that edge you need in 1v1 fights.
- Blood Scent (E): THIS ability is what makes Warwick special. Noone can escape you when you have it on. Also this skill will help you a lot in unfair fights.
- Infinite Duress (R): This, combined with Blood Scent make Warwick the perfect assassin. But that's not his role. The real use of this ultimate is in teamfights where you use it to disable the enemy carry.
Ability Sequence Order
Maxing out Hungering Strike first is a MUST since the damage it does is very good and the life steal it gives you will help you in 1v1 fights. Maxing out Blood Scent second will, as I said earlier, help you in 1v2 or 1v3 fights. Maxing out Hunters Call last since the attack speed it gives is not really that usefull only for pushing. Put points in Infinite Duress whenever you can (Levels 6, 11 and 16) since the bonus damage that you get may help a lot in teamfights.
: Getting Mercury's Treads with Warwick may seems strange to some of you but, since you are the one jumping on the enemy ranged carry, this will help you go through all the stuns,snares etc faster. NOTE: If you are doing well and don't think you need those get Boots of Swiftness.
: This item will make Warwick's passive even MORE usefull giving you more health per hit. This will work well if you are focused and keep you alive.
: This item will help you jungle faster and easier. After you got this one make sure to get Dragon everytime it comes up since the gold and exp it gives will give you and your team a huge advantage later on. NOTE: If you like Madred's Bloodrazor more noone is stopping you from getting it instead of Wriggle's Lantern. Depends on your preference.
: This item, not only will help you in chases even more, gives you some damage and health as well. Also the slow works with your Hungering Strike which will help you a lot in teamfights to catch up with the ranged carry. NOTE: If there are too many enemies going Attack Damage replace Frozen Mallet with Thornmail.
: Now as I said at the start this is a Tanky/Dps Warwick build. Untill now we got the Dps part but this item will complete the Tanky part as well because of the huge amount of health and health regen it gives. Works well with Warwick since you will farm a lot which will increase the health this item gives.
- : Now we need to give that huge health you get late game a even better use. To turn 2% of it into Ad. With this item you will not only deal a lot of damage but also survive a very long time as well due to the armor it gives. NOTE: Again, depending on your preference, you can replace Atma's Impaler with Wit's End
The items showed in the build for Warwick can take a long or short time to get, depending on your farm and kills. The order is pretty straigh-forward:
The starting item is Long Sword and 1 Health Potion. After recalling the first time you should have enough money for Madred's Razors and Boots of Speed. If not buy only Madred's Razors and if you don't have money for that get Boots of Speed. After you got these you should start building up Spirit Visage but first buy a Vampiric Scepter. After you got Spirit Visage you should consider buying a Phage and finishing Wriggle's Lantern. After that consider upgrading Phage to Frozen Mallet and buying a Giant's Belt (buy the Giant's Belt AFTER buying Frozen Mallet). Now start farming for Warmog's Armor (NOTE: the game would most likely end by the time you get to this point). Last item is Atma's Impaler which will increase your Attack Damage by a LOT because it gives you 2% Attack Damage for your max health .
Depending on your lane farming with Warwick could be a problem sometimes.
If you are bot make sure to not push a lot since Warwick dies very easy early game and just last hit minions at your tower. If you are solo top just stay at your tower and wait for the minions to arrive and last hit them there. Now after you got Wriggle's Lantern farming won't be so hard . Also make sure that after you got Wriggle's Lantern you get Dragon, Red Buff and Blue Buff everytime they are up.
In the enemies jungle make sure to kill ONLY the Health Relic minion (The bigger one) and the minion that has the Red Buff or Blue Buff.
Warwick's role in a teamfight is the one of a disabler. Once the tank engages you should use Infinite Duress on the enemy carry to disable him and also make your team focus that enemy. After the ranged carry is dead the rest is pretty much straight-forward (NOTE: Never ever EVER attack someone with Thornmail after you got Atma's Impaler). Also in teamfights you may be focused sometimes so be carefull when that happens. And always be carefull to use Infinite Duress on the RANGED carry since they are the most dangerous.
Warwick is a very good champion to play when your team has no tank or DPS since he fills both roles (Tank role not that well since he has only one CC). Also he can easily clear the jungle and take Dragon solo anytime after getting Wriggle's Lantern.
Now a little info:
As some of you may know I archived my Tryndamere guide. That guide was a test to see what people would like to see on a guide. I still take tips but they will be implemented into the guide since this guide is not a test one. Always comment on what I can improve on the guide. Thanks.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
- : Getting Mercury's Treads with Warwick may seems strange to some of you but, since you are the one jumping on the enemy ranged carry, this will help you go through all the stuns,snares etc faster. NOTE: If you are doing well and don't think you need those get Boots of Swiftness.