Warwick Build Guide by Zippo33
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I made a build for Warwick yesterday but there were a lot of flaws in it so I reconsidered things and decided to clean it up so heres my jungle Warwick guide. I hope you guys like it! :D (this is my first actual build so the coding might not be as great as others but Ill get better with it) If you all could please rate or comment on my guide that would be very appreciated I always wish to make my build as best as it can be.
Pros / Cons
+ Natural Heal
+ Great Attack Speed
+ Surpression!! Infinite Duress :D
Eternal Thirst: Each of Warwick's attacks will deal 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 additional magic damage and heal him for that same amount. Each successive attack against the same target will stack this amount of healing and damage up to a maximum of 3 stacks.This is essentially a natural heal. So that means you have self sustain in the jungle and during 1v1 fights you heal yourself and deal more damage as the fight goes on.
Hungering Strike: Strikes an enemy for the greater value between 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+100% of ability power) and 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 % of the target's maximum health, and heals Warwick for 80% of the damage dealt. If you follow this build then this move will do a considerable amount of damage. Theres many uses for this move. Finish off a creep to get your health back, last hit minions, hit a running champioin, the possibilities are endless. Its up to you to decide how you'll use this move.
Hunters Call: Warwick lets out a howl that inspires all nearby allied champions. This increases Warwick's attack speed by 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 % and all nearby friendly champions' attack speed by half of the amount for 10 seconds. This move is great at clearing the jungle as fast as possible. I would highly recommend using this move in a team fight and during a 1v1. If your attack speed is increased then your passive reaches its maximum potential as fast as possible. So you can deal more damage and heal yourself for more
Blood Scent:Warwick senses enemy champions under 50% life within a 1500 / 2300 / 3100 / 3900 / 4700 distance of him, revealing them until they heal. Upon sensing an enemy, he will gain 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 % movement speed. OKay so this move all it really does is make you faster when your near champions with lower than 50% health. But at level 1 you basically have to be right next to them for it to work. When you start a gank I would take it off just in case. Gank, then I would toggle it so you can chase them down. (Note: This move is a toggle so it stays on until you take it off)
(WARNING: The enemy champions will know that your near them if you activate it before ganking a little symbol appears above their head telling them your near)
Infinite Duress: Warwick lunges at an enemy champion, suppressing the target for 1.8 seconds and striking for 50 / 67 / 84 (+0.4 per bonus attack damage) magic damage in 0.33-second intervals. Warwick gains 30% life steal for the duration. This is your only ganking tool, if you dont have this when you gank theres a 80% chance the gank is going to accomplish anything. Most of the skill involved with Warwick is who to surpress and at what time. When ganking obviously go for the one with lower health or the one that fell behind and didnt realise you were ganking. In teamfights you're going to want to shut down their AD Carry. So that they cant deal out any damage for a good 4 seconds. (Note: this move deals on-hit effects and has max Eternal Thirst stacks)
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: you gain attack speed which always good to have on Warwick because of his natural heal
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: If you prefer strength over speed then get these runes
- Greater Seal of Armor: Simple armor runes for survivability in the Jungle. I wouldnt recommend any other runes besides armor rune
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: magic resist for those pesky little AP casters. You can switch them over for some attack speed or damage runes if thats what you prefer
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: I pick these because you have attack speed marks. So if you pick damage marks I would go with attack speed Quints.
I run 21-9-0 masteries these give me damage and survivability to get though the jungle faster and get out with full health. Ive always been fond of
I feel as it gets me through faster.
- Sorcerer's Shoes: The magic penetration gives your "Q" and your "R" more damage and to heal you for more.
- Madred's Bloodrazor: I think all around helps him I ecspecially like the passive on it as you can do even more magic damge with it along with your passive
- Wit's End: Gives even more attack speed with a little durability and an amazing passive that gives even more magic damage per attack
- Frozen Mallet: Gives you a lot of health which will help you in fights so you can stay alive longer and another amazing passive that gives you chasing capability if you so choose to chase.
- Guardian Angel: I think is a must have for any fighter thats all up in the enemys face. you get armor, magic resist, and a passive that lets you come back to life
- Frozen Heart: This item is almost perfect for Warwick. It gives you a butt tone of armor which will come handy against ad carries. It also gives you mana if you find yourself using your abilities often
Other Reliable Items for Warwick
- Berserker's Greaves: This item has been up for debate about weather or not its worth getting on warwick. I personally like the extra attack speed but its a personal preference on which pair of boots you get
- Spirit Visage: It gives you health and it increase Eternal Thirst, Hungering Strike, and Infinite Duress heal you for more
- Thornmail: If the enemy team has more than 1 AD Carry and they seem to keep beating you up than you can get this and really show them a beating
- Force of Nature: If they have more than 1 AP Caster than get this. It'll help you survive all their spells and when you get out it can heal you like crazy
I use a very simple skill sequence with Warwick it's efective and easy to remember but the skill sequence can be changed to your preference
: Deals 445-870 true damage to tagret enemy minion or pet. This is required for jungling you need to finish off red or blue buff. Ive never seen a jungler go without smite, and I dont really want to.
: Restores 145-570 health to your cahmpion and 50% of that to nearby allies. If youre new to Warwick or new to jungling I would recommend Heal for you.
:Exhausts target champion, reducing their Movement Speed by 40%, attack damage dealt by 70%, and ability and item damage dealt by 35% for 2.5 seconds. If you feel Warwick doesnt have enough CC then you can get exhaust but with his Infinite Duress I think you have enough but exhaust could help you escape or shut down the enemy teams ADC.
: Ignites target enemmy unit, dealing 70-410 true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing effects on the target for the duration. Ignite can finish off a running enemy that you dont want to chase or deal damage to an enemy during a teamfight without them know to easily secure a kill for your team.
:Teleports your champion toward your cursors location. Flash is a lifesaver I always have it on. It saves my life so many times in a match. When you find yourself in a sticky situation you can just flash over a wall and make a clean escape.
:Restores 190-700 mana to your champion and 50% of that to nearby allies. Warwick isnt a mana hungry champion. If you start out at blue that can usually get you through the beginning phases of the game.
:Reveals a small are of the map for your team for 4 seconds. Warwick doesnt need to know where people are at. If you have a good support then they should know that their job is to buy wards for the team. He is also one of the best 1v1 champions in the game because of his natural lifesteal and attack speed.
Creeping / Jungling
Since Warwick has no other ganking potential besides his ult Infinite Duress he cant provide reliable ganks until level 6. So until then you can jungle and help lanes that are getting pushed back. Dont be afraid to counter jungle with him. His natural life steal Eternal Thirst and attack speed will allow you to kill anybody when its a 1v1. Later in game Warwick can handle him self in 2v1's! When encountering an enemy in the jungle before engaing make sure nobody is near you so you can make a clean get-a-way.
Youre a jungler that means in early game you can have the buffs, but late game give your buffs to the people who need them red would go to the AD Carry and blue would go to the AP Caster. When you get in a team fight you can use Hunters Call to give your team a big attack speed bonus that the other team might not have. When they start running from you and your team you can use Infinite Duress on one of the stragglers to get your team a kill that they wouldnt have gotten without you.
Warwick has a natural lifesteal and Hungering Strike, use these to your advantage when in a 1v1. His natural life steal gives you more and more the more consecutive hits you have on the target which mean Hunters Call could help you get the same or even more health than Hungering Strike. If it gets down to where you both have low health you can use infinte duress to secure your kill and get you a little more life.
When you see a big group of minions aproaching your turret go after them and Hunters Call to wipe them all out before your group of minions even get to them. A disadvantage to farming is that you can only attack one at a time but if you have good enough attack speed this shouldnt be a problem. Offer the buffs to your teammates as soon as they come up so they enemy team doesnt have a chance to take your buffs.
I hope you all like my Warwick build Im new to build making but Im and expearienced Warwick player. This build has worked for me and if it works as well as it did for me for you, you should be doing just fine. Comments and rates would be very helpful Im always looking to improve my build and my gaming technique. Good luck and Happy Gaming!