Twitch Build Guide by Invert
Not Updated For Current Season
Standard Game or Not Behind.
Not Updated For Current Season
Hey there Summoner! I'm Invert a gold ADC on the Oceanic server, thanks for clicking on my Twitch guide and I hope you learn something!
Pros / Cons
+ Amazing Teamfighting with Spray and Pray
+ Can Bully Bad Laners like Vayne
+ If Lucky Can Escape with Ambush
+ High Early Kill Potential with expunge
- Very Squishy
- Has a Hard Time Against Popular Picks like Caitlyn
- Requires lots of Peel from Teammates do Reach Full Potential
- Not Enough Skins
|We grab The Bloodthirster if we are ahead or not losing lane.|
|This is what we take when we lose lane or are behind.|
|Grab this next as it's best option since we need attack speed.|
|We grab this next as it increases our damage by a LOT, if they're a tanky team get Zeal and rush Last Whisper THEN finish Phantom Dancer|
|Pretty much self explanatory damage based on a percentage of max hp and more attack speed and lifesteal.|
Let's talk Laning with Twitch. Twitch has the ability to be a great laner, or a terrible laner, it all comes down on who your laning partner/opponent is, so let's talk about that.
Nami is possibly my favorite support with Twitch, Nami's kit is everything Twitch needs. Aqua Prison is amazing as it allows you to get stacks on Deadly Venom and deal huge damage with expunge. Ebb and Flow also allows for awesome sustain as well as poke if used well, and my personal favorite Tidecaller's Blessing allows for you to deal extra damage as well as slow so you can deal huge damage with expunge
Janna is a fairly solid support with almost every ADC, with Twitch there isn't much synergy in laning phase, but Janna is strong pick simply due to the fact that she has loads of peel which Twitch needs.
Zyra doesn't have much synergy with Twitch but Zyra is such a strong support that it doesn't matter what ADC you have, the base damage and lane control is amazing, also Zyra's ultimate provides peel.
This lane isn't too great due to the fact that you're INCREDIBLY squishy, Sona is an easy target for champions with lots of cc like Leona or Taric so it's easy for the enemy adc to get fed. You can poke well and you have a strong level 6 but in my opinion it doesn't make up for how vulnerable you are in lane.
You might be thinking why is 9/10 at the bottom? Simple answer, if you're playing ranked or against a competent team in draft or ranked, they will ban Thresh, Thresh (in my opinion) is the strongest support right now, the utility he provides is crazy, he's gankable and works with every ADC in the game.
Refer to above, I just think Thresh is better then Blitzcrank though they're both great picks.
Enemy ADC's & Supports
Caitlyn is an absolute counterpick to Twitch in every single way, she outranges you, outpokes you, has vision on you, and can escape you when you come out of stealth to gank. Caitlyn is without question the hardest ADC for Twitch to deal with.
Draven isn't as hard to deal with as Caitlyn since he doesn't outrange you too hard. Only problem in this lane is that he out trades you, which is a big problem with Twitch you want to be ahead with trades so you can take a lead to teamfights, where you really shine, Draven will try to shut you down.
Yet again another lane where you're outranged, being outranged as Twitch is bad news bears because you can't get stacks on Deadly Venom and without that most ADCs will out trade you.
This lane is tricky, thankfully Quinn isn't played much. Her blind negates stacking on Deadly Venom so yet again you'll be out traded except this time it's worse, Quinn's combo will bring you to 1/4 hp early game since you're so squishy, annoying lane for twitch, would be higher difficulty if people actually played Quinn.
Oh man, playing against Leona is tricky, if you don't have someone like Zyra who takes bush control it's even worse, lots of CC and huge burst when combined with someone like Tristana, Graves or Corki very hard to lane against.
You can refer to what I said about Thresh in the synergy section, it all applies here too.
You can refer to what I said about Blitzcrank in the synergy section, it all applies here too.
- Greater Quintessence of Life Steal: I can't stress enough how amazing these are, this + Doran's Blade is probably the best sustain start in the game, so I highly suggest buying 2 of these.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: Fairly standard, AD is required on an ADC.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Yet again, ADC requires AD, Armor Penetration is also viable.
- Greater Glyph of Armor: Take these all the time so you don't die in 3 seconds.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Magic Resist: I prefer scaling MR since you won't really be fighting an APC for a while, and when you do scaling > flat.
|I take this over Havoc since I prefer Destruction|
Flash: Flash is a great spell to have, defensive or aggressive you can't go without it.
Barrier: Barrier is a standard summoner right now for ADC's Twitch however is one that can go without.
Ignite: Twitch is the only ADC I sometimes run ignite on, simply due to Deadly Venom
Cleanse: Twitch is very squishy and has no escapes so if you're playing against a CC heavy team you should consider taking ignite if you don't have much peel.
- Deadly Venom: Twitch's passive is great, does huge DOT (damage over time) if you get enough attacks in.
- Ambush (Q): Great attack speed steroid all throughout the game, also great for surprising enemy ADC coming back to lane.
- Venom Cask (W): It's a slow and applies passive, pretty much all you want with Twitch is to apply passive so this ability is perfect.
- expunge Expunge (E): This, this is what makes Twitch, Twitch. Insane damage if you hit full stacks on Deadly Venom fantastic ability.
- Spray and Pray (R): This is why I love Twitch your attacks hit everyone on the enemy team allowing you to deal huge AOE if your team can peel for you.
|We max expunge first because it's main source of damage besides auto attacking, then we max Ambush because of the HUGE attack speed steroid. Maxing Venom Cask last because it's only utility.|
|Twitch is in my opinion the greatest ADC for teamfights, make sure you stay at max range and use Spray and Pray to hit everyone on the enemy team. If your team is good enough they should peel for you and you'll be fine. Venom Cask can do great if it hits a large portion of the enemy team and it will apply Deadly Venom so your expunge can deal huge damage.|
|Thanks for reading, hope you learnt something! A HUGE thanks to jhoijhoi for making a template, really helped me out with all the coding!|