Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dedicated EZREAL players :P

Creator: xOverLoad May 28, 2011 3:39am
1 2 3
xOverLoad
<Member>
xOverLoad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 3:39am | Report
Well i havent seen many ezreals later, maybe 1 on every 15 games. All i want to know is what builds and items do you use on yours ezreal's :P I have been playing ez now for about a month, and i figured out that the most dmg output is with kinda hybrid build that contains: hextech, trinity, guinsoo, infinity and mallet (for survability and also awesome 40% on hit slow). Share your ideas and thoughts here :) Gl and hf all !
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 4:05am | Report
Sheen's a must if you ask me. Depending your team makeup Manamune is good (if no one else needs blue you can rely on blue golem for your mana issues or just learn solid mana management). I personally love Win10Cent's Ezreal style. It's been brought over to Mobafire from leaguecraft by a guy named Axes. Check it out, it's currently on the front page.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 4:25am | Report
Hextech Gunblade+ Trinity Force+ Banshee's Veil+ Madred's Bloodrazor OR Last Whisper+Optional AD item (I usually go with Manamune)

Frozen Mallet only slows 30% on ranged champions.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 4:32am | Report
I have an AD Ezreal guide coming out soon, look for it. ^_^

(Hybrid is sub-optimal lol)

Item Build-

START = Doran's Blade
CORE = Berserker's Greaves + Sheen
THEN = Bloodthirster -> Banshee's Veil -> Black Cleaver -> Phantom Dancer -> Trinity Force

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 5:55am | Report
Yeah, I just tried hybrid and didn't feel like I was doing as much damage as usual. By hybrid I mean I got a hextech which I usually don't.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 7:16am | Report
@Blydden
**** no.

@Dr.Jew
Gunblade is a great item, as long as you don't get it early on.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 7:40am | Report
Could you elaborate? Why is it better later rather than early? I mean, the slow obviously never diminishes as LoL has no slow reduction unless you count cleanse's after effect, but that's just the duration, but the magic nuke it does only gets worse as people often have MR/lvl runes or just build more MR items. I'm not trying to be sarcastic I really do want to know why you like it more later than early.

Just to clear it up, I don't dislike hextech it's just not feeling as effective on Ezreal as it does on others. I love it on Akali and TF (just started working on my TF) to give just a couple examples.

On a different note, no offense Searz I definitely like your guide to building quality rune sets, but you come across a bit rude a lot of the time and I've only been actually using these forums a couple days or so.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 11:35am | Report
@Dr. Jew
Gunblade is quite effective for several reasons. Straight up AD may seem like the way to go but Gunblade gives a SUBSTANTIAL amount of both AD and AP, both of which greatly benefit Ezreal, especially now that his Q and R scale with both stats.

You don't buy Gunblade for the slow, that's just icing on the cake. You buy it late game for the sustain it gives you in big fights, for the damage it gives you on all your stats, and THEN for the slow.

It's not good early game because, as you said, it's not the best item. Triforce gives more DPS and utility straight up and you won't need Gunblade as much as you will need Last Whisper or Banshee's Veil (by the time you get those three core items you've probably already advanced into mid-late game).
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 2:05pm | Report
Ahh, I see it now Jebus and Searz. Thank you. Makes a lot more sense now that you reminded me that 'q' scales off both AD and AP these days. So you basically get it because it's a boost to your skills, your auto attack damage and gets you lifesteal and spell vamp in one go? So you don't get it for late game unless you feel you could specifically use the life steal and spell vamp?

Also, something I've never managed to find out, does spell vamp only heal you for spells that do magic damage or is it any spell damage?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 2:10pm | Report
Any spell damage that doesn't apply on hit effects. Ezreal's Q uses life steal, but his other spells use spell vamp.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide