Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 8:24pm | Report
hf

I got some sleep when I got home (brutal day XD)

some dude wants me to play with him

so I'm gonna

and then try to get your sigs done <3

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 8:26pm | Report
This is what I'm up to.

Here's some guide I made. =)

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Suggestions & honest criticism. ^^

What I'd like you to focus on: Total of guide ^^

Guide Link: Jax guide.

KoH_pHresh wrote:

JHOIJHOI :D

Here is my Reworked guide

:D

P.S +1 for taking a look at my guide and giving criticism ;)

Hey jhoijhoi!

I would greatly appreciate it if you reviewed my Hybrid Roaming Eve guide, I pumped a good number of hours into it :)

Guide For (champion): Evelynn

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I believe I have found the perfect medium for Evelynn. Players either utilize her amazing skill set with bursty AP and lack sustain in combat or do the opposite as AD Eve. I truly believe my guide is how Eve is meant to be played, and I want other players to try it out. Just have to wait for her buff now! :D

What I'd like you to focus on: My Summoner Spells (in regards to Flash), the core build itself, and my explanation on GP/5 items, to see if I have proper justification.

Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/something-wicked-this-way-comes-hybrid-roaming-eve-90463

B-Wong wrote:

General guide
I wants you to read it because I'm bored.
Focus on whatever catches your eye. It's a general guide so don't look scrutinize having no skill order or mastery tree because it changes from champion to champion. The set of runes is a very general set of runes, that also may change from champion to champion. Having Ashe set as the guide character is due to her being the most general ranged carry ever ever.

It's also extremely brief and outlines main ideas. Remember: EXTREMELY BRIEF.

Es Standard

<3

Guide For: Nidalee
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Flaws/opinions/suggestions
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/olympic-gold-medalist-javelin-toss-97712

Hargis2010 wrote:

Guide for: Xin Zhao
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: opinions/criticism, to improve
What I'd like you to focus on: no real focus, just the guide as a whole
Guide link:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/xin-zhao-ranked-jungler-98109

chosmochou wrote:

Hi there! If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a look at my Rumble guide?

I am trying to polish it up to make it easier to read and I could use some outside opinions as to what would help it deliver the information better.

The link is http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-comprehensive-guide-to-rumble-the-mechanized-menace-96616 !

Thank you! ^_^

Bloofyre wrote:

Guide For (champion): Kayle
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Get constructive criticism about what is good and what I need to work on. (an extra set of eyes) Also, you'd be my first comment on my first guide, so i'd be stoked
What I'd like you to focus on: nothing in particular, just the good, bad and the ugly, all from a readers standpoint, as well as a fellow guide creator
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/early-game-kayle-wins-98140

Guide For: Evelynn
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: My guide has been mostly unnoticed and I'd like some criticism and an opinion or two about it
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything you think may be incorrect or poorly explained
Guide Link: Linky

Rudmed wrote:

Guide for: Twisted Fate
Why I'd like to see this reviewed: Re-evaluation of new changes, and some unexpected ones.
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything.
Twisted Fate Build

I told ya I'd be back with improvements.

NinjaGinge wrote:

Guide for: TWITCH
Why I'd Like it Reviewed: Because I feel that it's by far the most extensive Twitch guide and that almost every dv is probably from people looking at initial items at the top and skill sequence.
What I'd like you to focus on: The actual content? lol
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-rat-reevaluated-extensive-pvp-twitch-86431

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Suggestions & honest criticism. ^^

What I'd like you to focus on: Total of guide ^^

Sion guide.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 8:38pm | Report
woohoo back on track

im pretty far down the list tho... lol

Many thanks to Canoas for my epic sig
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 8:52pm | Report
Chesswinner's Jax Guide
Verdict: This guide is extremely minimalistic and very bare-bones.
Possible Improvements: The author definitely needs to add colour, coding and images to his guide if he wants people to read it. At the moment it is clear he hasn't spent much time on it beyond writing the text, and other Jax guides outshine his simply due to the fact that his guide is very unaesthetically pleasing. I suggest for the author to archive his guide until a Jax free week, and in the meantime pretty the guide up.

Constructive Criticism:

1) I'm not quite sure about your runes, as those attack speed marks and quints imply that you're auto-attacking quite a lot early game. However, they do mean you don't have to buy attack speed late game. Which is why I'm wondering why you have Nashor's Tooth in your item purchase considering you have heaps of attack speed with Guinsoo's, and Trinity AND runes.

I have no problem with Nashor's on Jax, and I'm really tired so I'm not going to do the math, but do you cap max attack speed with those items, runes and mastery points?

2) Normally I'd say something here about your mastery tree allocation, but I can see that 9/21/0 is perfectly fine for Jax. He ult isn't game changing, it only increases his damage ^^

3) Okay, woooooah. You're going to have to read my first post again. In it the community has detailed what a good guide should have. Colour, coding, images, formatting. You need colour, you need to use the coding to change things up, like this Doran's Ring. You need formatting - bold font, coloured font, centred text. Your guide is fine information wise, but it is extremely unaesthetically pleasing.

4) Try not to leetspeak in your guide. Take the time to write "you" instead of "u".

5) In your Runes section you could list an alternative set of runes, like AD Quints, ArmPen Marks?

6) In your items section, you should list some situational items. What other items can you build as Jax?

7) I would recommend turing "comment to vote" on so people can't downvote it without commenting. Also, if Jax isn't free this week, I'd suggest archiving your guide and re-releasing it when a free Jax week comes around so your guide gets more publicity.

8) You have no gameplay section, no section that explains your skill order, or your skills. Your guide is pretty lacklustre in terms of information about Jax, aesthetics and it really needs a lot of work for it to be a good guide on MobaFire.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:07pm | Report
gd, second to last XD. Thanks for sticking to this favor you're doing everyone though ^_^

The most in depth guide to Twitch around.

Props to wRAthoFVuLK for the beastly sig and putting up with my request XD
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:16pm | Report
KoH_pHresh's Akali Guide
Verdict: A good build, but only an average guide. Edit: Author takes suggestions at face value and is working on improving their guide.
Possible Improvements: Needs to look at colour, coding, grammar, spelling and other general aesthetics. Author needs to look at the other guides on this site to see what works/what is wanted in a guide. Needs better organisation too. Edit: Author still needs to work on coding, but has improved their guide a whole lot since I last saw it. There needs to be a gameplay section, and the guide needs a little bit of cleaning up, but this guide is very quickly turning into a better guide. Well done, Koh, and keep up the good work!

Constructive Criticism:

1) Welcome back :) In your guide you should really try to avoid using abbreviations like "u" for "you". You want to pass off as professional as possible.

2) When coding for multiple icons in the same block of text, I'd suggest using this formatting Oracle's Elixir as opposed to .

3) You need to add distinction between your subsections. At the moment, your spells, masteries and runes all leak into one another.

Some example coding that could make it better formatted:

Quoted:
Summoner Spells

I take offensive summoner spells rather than defensive because I find it comfortable and suits my playstyle despite her squishiness.

• Ignite - It helps with your combo when your combo just brought your opponent with just a tad bit of hp and you pop ignite up. Guaranteed kill xD
  • Exhaust - Slows opponents and lets u extend your combo :)

Other Viable Choices:

• Flash - Can be used both offensively and defensively xD
  • Ghost - Though i don't see much Akali users use this, it IS a good choice, but it doesnt help out that much comparing with other summoner spells.

Masteries

I build an offensive 21 / 9 / 0 for Akali for increasing the damage on her combo an as well as some points in defense for some durability.

Runes

Here i explain why i chose these runes. Although there are other choices as well and those will be listed as highlighted.
  • Greater Mark of Attack Damage: This helps your passive and it gives you spell vamp. Imagine you deal 450 magic damage from your , and say you have around 21% spell vamp. Now let's do some math:

450 x 21% = 95

It may not look that much, but combined with your abilities, you get a chunk of hp back from that very same combo aswell! Other marks, such as magic pens, armor pens work too, so you can try them out and see which one do you like.
  • Greater Seal of Armor: This makes Akali more durable in teamfights. Dodge Seals works well with Akali too.
  • Greater Glyph of Ability Power: Boosts your AP buff and you deal bonus magic damage with that buff. CD reduction works well, but i rarely use them :P
  • Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: Flat magic pens works too, along with flat health for durability.

4) Same as above with your Abilities and Skill Sequence section. You need some coding. Between each skill, how about adding in a separator, like this:

Code:
----------------------------

5) Your Luxury Items should be listed the same way as your core items to allow for continuity.

6) Again with coding and your English skills fail a bit here, as you've repeated yourself. Make sure you give your text another read-through.

"Once you make your first recall back to base, buy your Boots and your Health Potions if you have the money. If not, at least have money to buy your Boots and Health Potions. Although this STILL doesnt give Akali enough survivability yet, She can harass more and you can try to attempt to kill when you have Shadow Dance ready."

7) I like how you've separated the phases of the game into sections of progression though :)

8) Your "Laning with Champions" section is a bit confusing. At first I thought you meant "don't lane with these allies", but you mean "don't lane against these enemies". You might want to clear this up.

9) You should probably add in a gameplay section :) Also, thanks for the thank you and the credit! It's really appreciated. Make some more changes, and I promise you a +1

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:30pm | Report
B-Wong's General Ranged Carry Guide
Verdict: Very short, to the point, lacks any solid information. Seems to be a placeholder until the author decides to write more.
Possible Improvements: The guide was clearly published without the author going into much/any effort at all. Possible improvements include writing up more general ranged carry information. What is their role in a team fight? Which lane should they take? Are they entitled to buffs? Basically this general guide is so general someone playing DotA could probably use it. I could probably use it as a shopping list at Woolworths. Seriously though, the author needs to put in more effort. If he himself doesn't take his own guide seriously, why would the reader?

Constructive Criticism:

1) While I know this is a "general ranged carry guide", I do believe you should fill in the Mastery Tree, making sure to have at least 9 points in Utility to utilise the Exp gain.

2) Um, your guide is really short, so I'll try to find something, lol.

3) You should remove your swearing, it really puts off the reader. Why should we bother reading your guide if you didn't even "****ing feel like" writing it?

4) You need some coding. Yes, I can tell you don't care, but I did say I'd review with honest opinions. Doran's Blade instead of "doran".

5) Are you suggesting Infinity Edge is an item all ranged carries should get? I believe you should list the champions that would benefit from this build, or at the very least include the champions in the team format. So Ashe, Tristana (apparently), who else would be able to build this way, viably?

6) Perhaps you should archive this until you've added a little bit more information for someone wanting to read about general ranged carries.

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:46pm | Report
wow, you really pump these out dont you.

Many thanks to Jhoijhoi for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:53pm | Report
th3BlackAngel's Nidalee Guide
Verdict: A fantastic Nidalee Guide with all the information you could possibly need when learning her.
Possible Improvements: Not very many. What walls can Nidalee jump? What about play style in the map, The Twisted Treeline? Should Nidalee ever be the Support in a game? Columns need to be fixed (not a pressing issue). Could do with some more colour, but not necessary (only if you want to be on par with new guides). Great guide, very well formatted, very well organised. Loved the videos and screenshots. A quality compilation of Nidalee information :)

Constructive Criticism:

1) Will I be able to find any in this fantastic guide? o.O

2) Personal preference, but I like to get all three abilities by level 3, for just in case moments.

3) You should probably removed the comment about ranked games ^^ It's not necessary.

4) Columns. Searz' colum set-up is great. My modification to it is to add in an extra column between your main ones. In this column I would write the word "space" and code it's colour to black. This turns it invisible, and adds "space" (literally and figuratively) between your columns so the text doesn't touch.

5) I'd also suggest some colour. It's become popular to colour an item/spell/champion/ability with the colour in it's tooltip.

So:

Quoted:

Flash

Flash is the best Summoner Spell IMO. It allows you to postion yourself for kills, get out of harms way, or catch up/escape enemies. I reccomend this.

Also, lol, some typos in your text. "Recommend" :)

5) With your Skills Sequence section, I'd recommend adding a quick screenshot, or at least something like R > Q > E > W in true icon format to remove the text.

6) Small thing, but your last screen shot is really blurry.

7) Great screenshot score! And it's kinda recent too :P

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 9:57pm | Report
@Bloofyre: lol yeah ^^ It helps that I'm a fast typist and reader :)

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide