Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

No real point in making guides on this site

Creator: cooper56 December 16, 2011 2:55pm
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 6:16am | Report
Quoted:

I believe Chandro is the highest elo person whose semi active here . Wish people would relalize that and he's actually nice.

Indeed a nice guy, if he's considered a top player he's one of the few that dont behave like a douchebag.

But I'm totally with the OP on that topic.
The problem therefore rests mainly within the community, maybe only withtin Moba's.
Regarding Chandro's guide: Only plain text, even while being short in length it doesnt keep those entertained enough with a mental state of 16 and below...
And overall it's pretty accurate to say that the most reviewed guides are the ones who luckily reach top or are less in numbers early.
The greater part of the reviewers ("I just made this acc to upvote...") are only here for a quick good walktrough on their favorite champ.
They couldnt care less about guides that arent placed within the 3-5 best and renowned enough.
Drasq
<Member>
Drasq's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 4:13pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

We have a Cho guide that has RoA in it at the top, loooooooooooooooooooooool.

At 94%

We've got a long way to go yet.

Then check the upcoming Cho'Gath builds and vote up to counter ;)! Mine for example! Staring at the goat, won't make it move.
+rep me if I helped or if you liked my comment, if not, +rep the ones who did.

Check out my Cho'Gath - Way to go Pro guide
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 4:17pm | Report
Well now that best of 30 isn't the first thing new users see when they log on it doesn't matter. Nothing that isn't scout recommended will ever be a top rated guide.
Drain
<Member>
Drain's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 3:52pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

Most time once there is top guide no or high rated no one will look at lower ones and ignore you so dont bother trying even if put as much work as high rated ones.

This is basically the truth. But then again, why bother making a guide in the first place when there are already 500+ for every champion? It's your own fault to have wasted your own time. I won't be making any guides simply because the site has enough already on any hero I've mastered.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 4:08pm | Report
With a game as continually changing and updating as League, this is not a realistic mindset.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 4:20pm | Report
Drain wrote:

This is basically the truth. But then again, why bother making a guide in the first place when there are already 500+ for every champion? It's your own fault to have wasted your own time. I won't be making any guides simply because the site has enough already on any hero I've mastered.

I make guides because I have different ideas on how to build champions, and would like to share. If you look at all the Kennen guides, theyre all WotA > boots > rylai > rabadon > abyssal or void staff > zhonya. >:l
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 4:27pm | Report
That's a good / the best Kennen build. Lol.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 4:41pm | Report
Well, I say things are partially true, as there are a lot of guides who copy most of the top rated guides but a little worse and bring nothing new to the table.

But every once in a while a really informative and beautiful guide appears and claims the throne. Or somebody has a great "out of the box idea" or makes a great generic guide about a subject that helps the community in reflection and self improvement.

And well, if somebody thinks his or her guide is really good then he has a whole community who can help in smoothing some minor issues and making the guide as accessible as possible.

It is not about being the No.1 guide, but about giving people a helping hand when they look for information.
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Blowfeld wrote:

It is not about being the No.1 guide, but about giving people a helping hand when they look for information.

Three cheers good sir!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 12:10pm | Report
The one thing Mobafire doesn't have is a guide about female champion breast sizes and how they're proportional to their OPness. Perhaps this should be in theory crafting?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide