Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

No real point in making guides on this site

Creator: cooper56 December 16, 2011 2:55pm
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2012 3:22pm | Report

The one thing Mobafire doesn't have is a guide about female champion breast sizes and how they're proportional to their OPness. Perhaps this should be in theory crafting?

Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
lukecis
<Member>
lukecis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 2:48am | Report
this worries me because im makeing myself a nice little guide about pantheon (ive played him for 2 years) and i want to know if people like it or not. because i can go normally 9/1/17 or better with it. even tho its a DPS pantheon unlike allmost every other guide out their that will tell you tank pantheon is the only pantheon.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 4:38pm | Report
Honestly I didn't understand even a word of that.
lukecis
<Member>
lukecis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 9:09pm | Report
:(
Danteeva
<Member>
Danteeva's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 2:53am | Report
I agree, it isn't the sites fault really, but people don't even read the guides properly. If they did then they would understand the reasons why the items are selected. Most aren't even level 30 and they just vote down cuz they think other items work better when they clearly don't. They say for reasons that are explained in the guide. Or if they don't play well one match and vote it down, even though you test other builds and your own works really well. I've seen people do it on peoples other than my own as well. It is just stupid, which is why I won't be making another, as nobody ****ing reads. The ones that do say its good, are generally level 30 and/or have read it fully. Who the hell follows a guide exactly as it says anyway, you switch it up for the situation.

So basically READ THE ****ING GUIDES BEFORE YOU VOTE!
The Princess
<Member>
The Princess's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 6:54am | Report
Danteeva wrote:

If they did then they would understand the reasons why the items are selected. Most aren't even level 30 and they just vote down cuz they think other items work better when they clearly don't. They say for reasons that are explained in the guide. Or if they don't play well one match and vote it down, even though you test other builds and your own works really well. I've seen people do it on peoples other than my own as well. It is just stupid, which is why I won't be making another, as nobody ****ing reads. The ones that do say its good, are generally level 30 and/or have read it fully. Who the hell follows a guide exactly as it says anyway, you switch it up for the situation.

This is the mentality that makes this website so terrible though. Just because you put it in your guide doesn't mean it's correct information or the best information (and if it is, you can argue that, but this isn't the case with 99.9% of guides on here).

Not many people on this website are open to criticism because they think what they write is good information and think that what they advocate, because it works for them, are good builds and good gameplay tips. This isn't really the case though.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 10:19am | Report
lukecis wrote:

:(

Are you trying to say your guide is DPS but other guides will tell you to tank?
Danteeva
<Member>
Danteeva's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2012 12:05pm | Report

This is the mentality that makes this website so terrible though. Just because you put it in your guide doesn't mean it's correct information or the best information (and if it is, you can argue that, but this isn't the case with 99.9% of guides on here).

Not many people on this website are open to criticism because they think what they write is good information and think that what they advocate, because it works for them, are good builds and good gameplay tips. This isn't really the case though.

I can take criticism. If it is constructive, and/or correct. But when what they say doesn't help or doesn't even justify a down vote then they can go screw themselves. I have one guy who said it was good but that a certain item would work better. So I looked at it and tried it and he was right, so I changed it. But people who say AP on Sejuani is worth it, doesn't know her stats. Would you play Leona AP? No, you wouldn't. They all seems to think its amazing though
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 10:25am | Report
I played AP Leona once. Picked up a lich bane and proceeded to slam dunk all over the place :3
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 10:49am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I played AP Leona once. Picked up a lich bane and proceeded to slam dunk all over the place :3

AP Leona is like.. ridiculous. Small AP ratios make her "bad" but her AA reseter makes the Lich bane worth it if you initiate with Zenith Blade, AA, then Shield of Daybreak.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide