Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Feedback

Creator: Mowen June 8, 2012 9:42pm
87 posts - page 9 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2012 7:25pm | Report
@Night: When I use my lag fixer it basically disconnects me
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 5:01pm | Report
Just saying this in the feedback since I know some people don't read the individual inhouse threads:

I would like to suggest that we expand the brackets we've been using in the NA inhouses.

Some of the people who were actively playing in the under 500s (FatelBlade, Cyclopes) are now in the 600-700 range. This reduces our player pool (which was only around 11 or so) to under the number of players we need to hold a proper inhouse. For the past several weeks we've been inviting players who've just passed the 500 win mark, but instead of just inviting them last minute, I suggest we allow them to sign-up. The group this set of inhouses is appealing to is just too small to work properly.

Change the brackets to something like: under 800, 800+?

No reason to say those people can't play in both, maybe: under 800, over 600?

Mowen wrote:
If you were 1500 ELO + and had under 500 wins I feel like it would be reasonable to let you in (though I would expect you to have played like 50 matches...

A bunch of people with more than 500 wins are still at 1.2k ELO, so maybe wins isn't the best way to do the brackets? People have said this before, but now that it is an issue we're trying to mend, might be helpful to think about.

Change the brackets to ELO of: less than 1200 / unranked, 1300+?
Interested in playing some League with other MobaFire members? Play in our weekly inhouses!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 11:17pm | Report
It doesn't work as well in the opposite direction because people might've not bothered playing ranked, or not played much ranked, and still be good. However, if you play ranked and PROVE you are good that can work in your favor. Also, people are gonna throw a fit if they are told to play in lower brackets because their ELO isn't good, and that's gonna bring up all kinds of arguements about how ELO is illegitimate etc etc. I would rather it just be able to work in your favor rather than against you.

I've wanted to do an inhouse for plat players and above, since I think we are getting close to that point but not quite there. We could try an inhouse for gold players+? I think we would have enough for that. I'm just not sure how to edit the other inhouses to allow for more people because I'm afraid of running 3 games on the same server on the same weekend.

I agree we could up the games played threshold in the lower bracket inhouses or make them overlap somewhat.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2012 11:07am | Report
I'd like to see some CC Dominion games, been talking with some fellas and some of my friends agree that while many people don't think Dom is competitive at all, they disagree and want to have somewhere they can have competitive matches, it just so happens we're doing inhouses so I thought this would be a good place to have some. Currently the only real constructive dom matches are in tournaments with your own team, and it's pretty hard to find a team or tournaments at all, so yeh.

Ready to be reviewed?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2012 11:03pm | Report
I will look into it. It is a fun and overlooked game mode (though everything is kinda overlooked compared to SR). The problem is a lot of the time people don't want to play if it's not SR and we need 10 people.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:58am | Report
I think i'll be able to find at least 4 people + me to join one, so as long as you advertise or w/e around the forums or possibly even on a site like DominateDominion, there should be plenty of people.

i was going to suggest this be separate from SR CC's anyways, it shouldn't be a big deal to have 3 inhouses instead of 2 for 1 week.

dariomTc
<Member>
dariomTc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 2:26pm | Report
This is awesome but i also want this on my server (EUNE) . Please if you can make also there it will be fun :)

Cheers :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide