Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Feedback

Creator: Mowen June 8, 2012 9:42pm
87 posts - page 4 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 8:48am | Report
"cracking down more"...really

lol

no harm in just stopping by

There is quite a lot of harm. It's not ok to interrupt someone else's conversation for a comment. Trains of thought are often interrupted, and it can make it diffcult to get back on track. This is espeically an issue during picks and bans, when there is a very limited time frame to make a selection.

This issue is compounded by the fact that we are discouraged from making a new lobby if picks need to be exchanged / were wrong. God-forbid, wRAthoFVuLK, we force you to make a second lobby.
"You sound just like Pythagoras."
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 9:30am | Report
Yeah Wrath, I would say don't do that, it is pretty disruptive. If you want to make a comment to someone just use the ingame chat system.

I agree with what people have said so far. It's pretty much necessary for organizational purposes. It's much easier to switch teams around and we won't have to have the excuse of "we're all in the same call already so let's stay on the same team" and we'll get more variety, which I like. It also won't take 30 min to set up if people don't have eachother added on skype already.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 10:03am | Report
Since you've brought up the topic of variety, switching between sides is also between required. There is an inherit difference between the blue and purple sides. In tournaments, it is required that teams alternate so the same players do not hold a monopoly over blue team / first pick.

Now I'm not saying that the same person or persons cannot be on the same team "accidentally" several times in a row, but we should strive to make sure that one person (or pair, or trio) does not have the same advantage / disadvantage of blue / purple for every game.
Interested in playing some League with other MobaFire members? Play in our weekly inhouses!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 10:10am | Report
That is a good point Barb. Hosts keep this in mind please? ^_^ It is something that is easily forgotten. Maybe if you're a host when you make the game you should automatically switch to purple if you were on blue last time.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 10:29am | Report
Mowen wrote:

That is a good point Barb. Hosts keep this in mind please? ^_^ It is something that is easily forgotten. Maybe if you're a host when you make the game you should automatically switch to purple if you were on blue last time.

I'll try to keep it in mind, in all honesty we should also be using tournament draft so we can pause for a bit if someone has computer issues (eg the storm that was going around a while ago and caused some people to lose connectivity.)

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 10:31am | Report
Yeah we should. We've been using it on EU, it's pretty awesome. I thought you guys were already using it on NA but I haven't been paying close attention. Do that!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 1:27pm | Report
Yes we have, I was the first person to use it...

And @barb and mowen,

I understand, I only stopped in to say one word ONCE at the end of picks...no need to overreact holy ****

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 1:34pm | Report
We're not singling you out wRAthoFVuLK, we're just saying that if we're going to be using Ventrilo exclusively (as we were not doing that at all for the EU games) that some rules (or perhaps guidelines is a better word) should be established to keep everything working smoothly.
"You sound just like Pythagoras."
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 4:09pm | Report
Well it's not happening here because, we just change the teams completely. Team 1 players switch around with 2 players and etc. so yeah.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 5:04pm | Report
yea that's only really a concern when you have the same teams vs each other multiple times

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide